Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
7
LastLast
  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    They may be his friends, but board members can be targeted in lawsuits (subjecting them to personal liability) if they too egregiously violate their fiduciary responsibility to represent the interests of the shareholders.
    And why would they go after the board, rather than Kotick himself?

    Disregarding that, unless more companies sever ties with Activision Blizzard or customers vote with their wallet and stop buying Activision Blizzard products, the money is still coming in.
    That's the crux, Kotick may be an ass but he knows to make money and as long as the money flows, he's quite likely to stay in power unless the shareholder discover their conscious and value that over their bottomline.

    As long as those partner companies only remain "concerned and troubled", i don't see anything happening, because shareholder won't act until they lose money and that won't happen until either customers or partners start acting.
    And i can outrule already that people will stop buying Activision Blizzards products because their CEO is an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    No idea where that info is from but layers (guess I got the term wrong) was removed from all realms on day 4. Thats why you have queues. They turned the all off. That info is wrong.

    Edit: that looks like an addon and a badly made one at that.
    -Makes statement about layering disabled without any proof
    -Claims that Novaworldbuffs provides incorrect information (despite the fact that you can easily proof that layers exist and you have people in trade / lfg even asking for layer invites)

    At least you made me reply.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-11-25 at 02:02 PM.

  2. #82
    Brewmaster Pheraz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Feralas, Mount Hyal, Quel'Danil Lodge
    Posts
    1,262
    I don't know how they handle this server merging / sharding stuff nowadays but I can confirm this "feeling" for my chars. Main cities feel very crowded and queues are super short
    Vynd | Zorn | Pheraz | Silwyna | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - My personal Kaldorei army <3 Plus lots of voidy high elves <3

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    They may be his friends, but board members can be targeted in lawsuits (subjecting them to personal liability) if they too egregiously violate their fiduciary responsibility to represent the interests of the shareholders.
    Most of the board members are majority shareholders to begin with, at least that is how many reports painted it. This includes Bobby Kotiwix himself. The only one sueing right now are people that hold 0.3% of the stock and they tried it before because they simply don't like him (a justified position).
    #1) MMO-C should be glad that the British Empire is no more, because they'd want a piece of all the copium trade here.
    #2) Angry players come to the forums to complain about the game... but what loser only comes to the forums to complain about the forums and its users?
    #3)Felating Blizzard too eagerly may lead to oxygen deficiency and worst case asphyxiation. Long-term effects range from delusions up to cerebral necrosis. #4) The WoW playerbase doesn't deserve housing.

  4. #84
    Really depends on the realm i think. My main one is connected to 8 (or so) realms, but i can count the people in oribos on prime hours on 2 hands, same with stormwind and goldshire. My alt however is on a RP realm that isn't connected with any others, stormwind and goldshire are always packed on it.

  5. #85
    I play alliance on Silvermoon and its very busy, even stormwind etc are very populated.

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    There are no reliable estimates because that information is completely immaterial for people looking to enjoy the game.
    Hard disagree. You need the game to be packed to really enjoy MMORPGs.

  7. #87
    The Insane DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    19,553
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    It's in a pretty bad spot now, yeah. I'll agree there. The game's survived worse though.
    Survived worse?

    What was worse than this trash?
    "For Teldrassil."
    Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

  8. #88
    -On retail, I have no problem finding people for dungeons, from M0 to M15. Oribos is alive af.

    -On season of mastery there's chaos, fighting to tag mobs. Quit at lvl 17.

    -On TBC classic, leveling is pretty bad. Started on Pyrewood Village, quit at level 25 when it took me a day to find people for 2 quests in Lakeshire.
    After, I rerolled on Gehennas, as a BE pala. I was the ONLY ONE around until lvl8. And leveling activity is pretty damn important in classic, compared to retail.
    Last edited by Vynx; 2021-11-25 at 03:23 PM.

  9. #89
    SoM is alive, was just playing there myself, got to level 27, tons of people everywhere. TBC is alive if you disregard everything that isn't raiding and gathering. Retail is hard to say but it's dead compared to where it used to be, either in 9.0 or in previous expansions. IMO. But in general I would say that yeah WoW EU does feel alive. Probably 1-3 million players spread over those 3 games.

  10. #90
    ...OP, alliance on EU is so dead there is only 2 high pop realms left back. Ravencrest and Silvermoon. Stop with the false info...90% of realms are ghost towns.
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2021-11-25 at 03:49 PM.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO
    NZXT H440 - Asus Z97 A Mobo - Corsair RM 850 - Intel I5 4590 CPU - Evo TX3 Cooler Master - Asus 970 Strix - 250GB SSD 850 Evo - Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD - Windows 10

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    First of all, there is no such a thing as "tonight at 3am". That is neither night or morning xD

    But at that time, you can´t exepct to see players. People have jobs, studies etc.. they sleep at those times.

    You have to check server pop at its peak time and then in the early morning (7-9am) and late evening (8-10pm) to have a realistic picture.
    Nitpick much heh? Well it was late and i had not gone to bed yet so for me it was night. xD

    Cool, tell the OP that.

    I disagree though. Any time is fine. It's what you compare it to. I compared it to FF, which i play as well. It is always way more populated no matter the time. I see more people and queues pop faster. It is what it is. I think OP tries to lie to himself and others. It's not the first time he has tried to do it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    ...OP, alliance on EU is so dead there is only 2 high pop realms left back. Ravencrest and Silvermoon. Stop with the false info...90% of realms are ghost towns.
    This. So easy to look it up in WoW progress too. There are about 2 alliance servers and 5 horde ones. The rest is terrible. Many of them are connected realms of several old servers and they are still unpopulated. If Blizzard condenses servers as they should rather than trying to hide the "bad press", WoW EU would go down to about 8 real servers properly populated. The 7 existing ones and 1 condensing everyone else.
    Also, let keep in mind these Horde and Alliance servers are completely unbalanced faction wise.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2021-11-25 at 04:34 PM.

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    it's dead because I no longer play it and no one I know does anymore.
    By that definition League of Legends is also dead.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

  13. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Warcraftlogs accounts for less that 5% of the population. Only around 2% of the playerbase raids or has ever raided.
    Yeh no... Even in cata blizzard themselves said 10-20% of the population raided and that was the justification for introducing LFR. Participation is now well over 50% counting all modes.
    Or do you have actual, official numbers to back up those claims of yours?
    Like, do you even believe that blizzard makes content that only 2% of their whole playerbase does? How off can you really be in your assumptions? It's so wrong its hard to put into words just how wrong you are lol....

  14. #94
    Cross realm ghosts mean nothing to me if the people on my actual realm stopped playing.

  15. #95
    Agree, EU Alliance is pretty dead right now. Very few groups in the tool. There are way more advertisements than real groups. Don't know about Horde site, maybe it's better there.

  16. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    By that definition League of Legends is also dead.
    It's true. I don't play fortnite and neither do my pals - game is going maintenance mode any day now

    - - - Updated - - -

    If SWTOR, GW2 and EVE are still going - WoW is more than safe. We don't even know if it's no longer number 1 - yes there has been A LOT of negative press recently; while I unsubbed for a bit my friends list has remained the same

  17. #97
    The Insane DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    19,553
    Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    Cross realm ghosts mean nothing to me if the people on my actual realm stopped playing.
    This exactly.
    Most of my friends I've made over the past 13 years also have stopped.
    "For Teldrassil."
    Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

  18. #98
    Since WOD I've noticed that WOW has been a lot more alive and active on the EU servers than the US servers. When the WARCRAFT movie came out it essentially died here in the US in 2-3 weeks. In EU however, the Warcraft movie did significantly better and lasted significantly longer. It's not an open and closed argument, but I do believe at the very least there is a lot more love and passion for WOW in EU.

  19. #99
    "Wow dead" we've heard this since vanilla, get a life lol.

  20. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxeley View Post
    Since WOD I've noticed that WOW has been a lot more alive and active on the EU servers than the US servers. When the WARCRAFT movie came out it essentially died here in the US in 2-3 weeks. In EU however, the Warcraft movie did significantly better and lasted significantly longer. It's not an open and closed argument, but I do believe at the very least there is a lot more love and passion for WOW in EU.
    It's always been like that. It's why there are significantly more EU guilds in the Top 100. Although the US is finally catching up with guilds like BDGG and Complexity Limit.
    New BiS for 9.1!

    [ twitch ][ Retired Semi-retired as of 2018 ] [ The Official MMO-Champion Bingo Card. ] [ WoW's Community in 2021, illustrated ]
    [ That time I predicted the future...twice. ] [ How do you know if somebody posting on a WoW forum is a FFXIV player? Don't worry, they'll tell you. ]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •