Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
LastLast
  1. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post



    This. So easy to look it up in WoW progress too. There are about 2 alliance servers and 5 horde ones. The rest is terrible. Many of them are connected realms of several old servers and they are still unpopulated. If Blizzard condenses servers as they should rather than trying to hide the "bad press", WoW EU would go down to about 8 real servers properly populated. The 7 existing ones and 1 condensing everyone else.
    Also, let keep in mind these Horde and Alliance servers are completely unbalanced faction wise.
    Thanks, SOMEBODY WHO GETS IT O.O WOW - Been posting the same comments for months and your the first one with high IQ...MMO-c is becoming very very dumb and white-knight blizzard lately. No offense, but when I see threads like this and its so easy to disprove. Also I wouldent even say there is 5 good hord realms on EU, but Im also very nitpicky.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO
    NZXT H440 - Asus Z97 A Mobo - Corsair RM 850 - Intel I5 4590 CPU - Evo TX3 Cooler Master - Asus 970 Strix - 250GB SSD 850 Evo - Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD - Windows 10

  2. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Thanks, SOMEBODY WHO GETS IT O.O WOW - Been posting the same comments for months and your the first one with high IQ...MMO-c is becoming very very dumb and white-knight blizzard lately. No offense, but when I see threads like this and its so easy to disprove. Also I wouldent even say there is 5 good hord realms on EU, but Im also very nitpicky.
    Bruh, you have some incredibly selective reading skills if you think this forum is remotely "Blizzard white knight."
    New BiS for 9.1!

    [ twitch ][ Retired Semi-retired as of 2018 ] [ The Official MMO-Champion Bingo Card. ] [ WoW's Community in 2021, illustrated ]
    [ That time I predicted the future...twice. ] [ How do you know if somebody posting on a WoW forum is a FFXIV player? Don't worry, they'll tell you. ]

  3. #103
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Bruh, you have some incredibly selective reading skills if you think this forum is remotely "Blizzard white knight."
    MMOC Fact check:
    True.
    There are indeed very little users that regularly dress up in white coloured plate armour.

  4. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Thanks, SOMEBODY WHO GETS IT O.O WOW - Been posting the same comments for months and your the first one with high IQ...MMO-c is becoming very very dumb and white-knight blizzard lately. No offense, but when I see threads like this and its so easy to disprove. Also I wouldent even say there is 5 good hord realms on EU, but Im also very nitpicky.
    Ah... don't let them phase you. They never admit they are wrong even when evidence is brought. I suspect they wouldn't even believe the numbers if Blizzard officially released them.
    I was once dragged into a discussion on terms and had to link the definitions of every word from the oxford dictionary cause some people don't know their meaning and just make it up.

    I am certain most are aware of what is going on and don't even bother to engage. I stopped bothering debating with some and blacklisted them. Just not worth the time i can put to better use.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2021-11-26 at 04:57 AM.

  5. #105
    Over 9000! Soon-TM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Netherstorm
    Posts
    9,412
    Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Ah... don't let them phase you. They never admit they are wrong even when evidence is brought. I suspect they wouldn't even believe the numbers if Blizzard officially released them.
    As a matter of fact, they don't. They refused to believe the numbers from Blizzard's own API with the pretext that the messenger was a streamer. And we know for a fact that sTrEAmErS R eVuL, aren't they?
    Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    It's not really retconning though. There's plenty we didn't know from WC3 - a story which is just about 20 years old. The Jailer is the backbone of that story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    It's interesting how a character that didn't exist back then could be the backbone of the story. Guess that story must have been an invertebrate then.

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    As a matter of fact, they don't. They refused to believe the numbers from Blizzard's own API with the pretext that the messenger was a streamer. And we know for a fact that sTrEAmErS R eVuL, aren't they?
    Very much. Unless they simp... then they are heros.

  7. #107
    Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    6,060
    Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Nitpick much heh? Well it was late and i had not gone to bed yet so for me it was night. xD

    Cool, tell the OP that.

    I disagree though. Any time is fine. It's what you compare it to. I compared it to FF, which i play as well. It is always way more populated no matter the time. I see more people and queues pop faster. It is what it is. I think OP tries to lie to himself and others. It's not the first time he has tried to do it.

    - - - Updated - - -



    This. So easy to look it up in WoW progress too. There are about 2 alliance servers and 5 horde ones. The rest is terrible. Many of them are connected realms of several old servers and they are still unpopulated. If Blizzard condenses servers as they should rather than trying to hide the "bad press", WoW EU would go down to about 8 real servers properly populated. The 7 existing ones and 1 condensing everyone else.
    Also, let keep in mind these Horde and Alliance servers are completely unbalanced faction wise.
    Sorry but your comparison is not even valid. You would have to compare all of the realms.

    Also, different games and different time: FF14 is crowded with RPers. WoW not so much anymore. Those are generally the late night players (it has always been the case).
    You should also account that layering is huge in wow atm, far more than in FF14. Different layers, different quest stages in zones, pvp on/off etc, groups, etc.

    I play in Draenor and Silvermoon, so then I could say that WoW is 10 to 5 ratio compared to FF14. That´s an unfair comparaison, again.

  8. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    As a matter of fact, they don't. They refused to believe the numbers from Blizzard's own API with the pretext that the messenger was a streamer. And we know for a fact that sTrEAmErS R eVuL, aren't they?
    When the streamer in question is using the data to support an argument that whatever imaginary reason they've invented for the game being in the state it is, yeah. You definitely should ignore those kind of arguments.
    New BiS for 9.1!

    [ twitch ][ Retired Semi-retired as of 2018 ] [ The Official MMO-Champion Bingo Card. ] [ WoW's Community in 2021, illustrated ]
    [ That time I predicted the future...twice. ] [ How do you know if somebody posting on a WoW forum is a FFXIV player? Don't worry, they'll tell you. ]

  9. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Sorry but your comparison is not even valid. You would have to compare all of the realms.

    Also, different games and different time: FF14 is crowded with RPers. WoW not so much anymore. Those are generally the late night players (it has always been the case).
    You should also account that layering is huge in wow atm, far more than in FF14. Different layers, different quest stages in zones, pvp on/off etc, groups, etc.

    I play in Draenor and Silvermoon, so then I could say that WoW is 10 to 5 ratio compared to FF14. That´s an unfair comparaison, again.
    Lol... why are you telling me this? OP said the same thing. Anyone can give a personal impression. Except i also added sources like wowprogress and the knowledge we have from the API.

    Well yeah... cause you're making it up. Stand in limsa at any time and stand in Oribos at the same time. You can be in any FF server cause they are all populated. In WoW you have to be in one of the top servers. I doubt that even on top servers there are more people in Oribos.

    Also, RP players are people too. :P

  10. #110
    Over 9000! Soon-TM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Netherstorm
    Posts
    9,412
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    When the streamer in question is using the data to support an argument that whatever imaginary reason they've invented for the game being in the state it is, yeah. You definitely should ignore those kind of arguments.
    That's not how it works m8. Data used can be correct even if you don't agree with the conclusions (which is legit), so if you are going to argue in good faith you should grant at least that.
    Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    It's not really retconning though. There's plenty we didn't know from WC3 - a story which is just about 20 years old. The Jailer is the backbone of that story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    It's interesting how a character that didn't exist back then could be the backbone of the story. Guess that story must have been an invertebrate then.

  11. #111
    The Insane Val the Moofia Boss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    15,034
    Horde RP on Moon Guard is still dead. (I've heard that WRA is the last bastion of Horde RP). There was a ton of RP happening even during the 14 month long SoO drought or even during the content drought that was WoD. We used to have huge server wide RP events with hundreds of players turning up every week, with multiple events happening a week. You didn't even have to be a part of a guild or following the MG forums to find the RP events; you could log in and then someone in /trade chat would say "hey, there is a big RP event happening here!" and you could jump right in. War crimes trials at the Mogu'Shan vaults, huge PvP wars around the Thandol Span... it was amazing. Now you'll be lucky if you see more than a few dozen people turn up for the weekly Stormwind market RP.


    Hundreds and hundreds of people used to populate this square. No longer.



    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    FF14 is crowded with RPers.
    When I joined FFXIV, I researched which was the most populated RP server in NA and found that it was Balmung, so I rolled a character on it. I spent a year on Balmung before transferring to Brynhildr so I could buy an apartment. While all FFXIV servers are very populated, I never once saw walk up RP happen like what happened all of the time in WoW. I guess maybe the Ul'dah inn might have been the Pornshire of FFXIV, but no RP. I think you might need to be on a RP forum or in a Discord or in an RP guild to get invites to events. Not that I really tried. The lack of chat bubbles really makes things less immersive.

  12. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post

    When I joined FFXIV, I researched which was the most populated RP server in NA and found that it was Balmung, so I rolled a character on it. I spent a year on Balmung before transferring to Brynhildr so I could buy an apartment. While all FFXIV servers are very populated, I never once saw walk up RP happen like what happened all of the time in WoW. I guess maybe the Ul'dah inn might have been the Pornshire of FFXIV, but no RP. I think you might need to be on a RP forum or in a Discord or in an RP guild to get invites to events. Not that I really tried. The lack of chat bubbles really makes things less immersive.
    Go to the same spot on Mateus and you'll find what you were looking for. Balmung's quicksand is too muddled with OOC chatter and behavior like goldshire is. Mateus on the other hand is an actual, genuine RP hub, with people RPing in /say and a much larger number of people with the RP tag on.

  13. #113
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    That's not how it works m8. Data used can be correct even if you don't agree with the conclusions (which is legit), so if you are going to argue in good faith you should grant at least that.
    Considering the numbers being discussed are hardly official and do not account for one of WoW's biggest regions (China) I'd say that any argument founded on the Blizzard APIs is fundamentally flawed.
    New BiS for 9.1!

    [ twitch ][ Retired Semi-retired as of 2018 ] [ The Official MMO-Champion Bingo Card. ] [ WoW's Community in 2021, illustrated ]
    [ That time I predicted the future...twice. ] [ How do you know if somebody posting on a WoW forum is a FFXIV player? Don't worry, they'll tell you. ]

  14. #114
    The Insane Val the Moofia Boss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    15,034
    Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Well yeah... cause you're making it up. Stand in limsa at any time and stand in Oribos at the same time. You can be in any FF server cause they are all populated. In WoW you have to be in one of the top servers. I doubt that even on top servers there are more people in Oribos.
    Also bear in mind that WoW tries to artificially coral people into hanging out in the latest expansion city, Stormwind, and Orgrimmar. You hardly see anyone hanging out at Thunder Bluff/Ironforge/Darnassus/Undercity/Exodar/Silvermoon/Shattrath/Northrend Dalran/the Shrines/Ashran/Legion Dalaran/Boralus/Zandalar. Whereas FFXIV does not try to coral people into a particular city, and yet you see all of the cities (Limsa/Gridania/Ul'dah/Ishgard/Kugane/Crystarium) being pretty populated, and even the endgame towns (Mor'Dhona/Idyllshire/Rhalgr's Reach/Eulmore) in FFXIV have at least a couple dozen players running around.

  15. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Bit of a false equivalency when you consider M+ isn't factored into that equation.
    M+ numbers can be ramped up by the same people.
    All it takes is 100k of people doing 7 dungeons to reach 700K.
    Mind you, a +2 also counts.

  16. #116
    Over 9000! Soon-TM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Netherstorm
    Posts
    9,412
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Considering the numbers being discussed are hardly official
    So now we cannot get any info even it it comes from Blizzard's API. How convenient for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    It's not really retconning though. There's plenty we didn't know from WC3 - a story which is just about 20 years old. The Jailer is the backbone of that story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    It's interesting how a character that didn't exist back then could be the backbone of the story. Guess that story must have been an invertebrate then.

  17. #117
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    So now we cannot get any info even it it comes from Blizzard's API. How convenient for you.
    The conclusions they're drawing by comparing unofficial numbers to other unofficial numbers is... I don't know, a bit worrying to say the least. Like I said, I wouldn't mind the numbers on their own but it seems that every time they're calculated it's used to support an argument that a certain number of systems are the irrefutable proof that this is why the numbers are the way they are. It's the same thing people did when we had official subscriber numbers and I was against it back then as well.
    New BiS for 9.1!

    [ twitch ][ Retired Semi-retired as of 2018 ] [ The Official MMO-Champion Bingo Card. ] [ WoW's Community in 2021, illustrated ]
    [ That time I predicted the future...twice. ] [ How do you know if somebody posting on a WoW forum is a FFXIV player? Don't worry, they'll tell you. ]

  18. #118
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Just noticed more extremely in 9.1.5 that the activity in my realm and looks like not just mine have seem to increased a bit.
    When i go to Korthia, it is crowded from quest hub till any spot in the zone. Same goes to areas like Stormwind, Oribos, Goldshire. they seem to have increased to older state of activity.

    Might just be a me thing, but the game seems to be far more active then people online make it believe to be.

    Showing the trend of WoW being back at a stable 50-60k twitch views shows that interest seems to be back.

    I know most of here arent subbed and got no real opinion to bring in because they don't experience it themself, but the game isn't doing as bad as most of you make it appear to be.
    whaaaaat ?

    i have the EXACT opposite on my EU pug gaming (i pug a lot, so that means not „just my realm“) i do at the moment on a daily 3h base. i NEVER NEVER EVER in my life saw a suuuuuch less amount of players than in the last 4-6 weeks. the game feels dead and empty AF. and i play since 16 years without interruption.

    its crazy, when i read your post. maybe we live in a different EU.

    i would be totally happy, if i could say the same as you. but i DEFINETELY cant.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2021-11-27 at 12:44 AM.

  19. #119
    Over 9000! Soon-TM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Netherstorm
    Posts
    9,412
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    The conclusions they're drawing by comparing unofficial numbers to other unofficial numbers is... I don't know, a bit worrying to say the least. Like I said, I wouldn't mind the numbers on their own but it seems that every time they're calculated it's used to support an argument that a certain number of systems are the irrefutable proof that this is why the numbers are the way they are. It's the same thing people did when we had official subscriber numbers and I was against it back then as well.
    Didn't I tell you, @Swnem...
    Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    It's not really retconning though. There's plenty we didn't know from WC3 - a story which is just about 20 years old. The Jailer is the backbone of that story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    It's interesting how a character that didn't exist back then could be the backbone of the story. Guess that story must have been an invertebrate then.

  20. #120
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Didn't I tell you, @Swnem...
    Dude, what the fuck? If you're going to disagree with me at least acknowledge my argument. Am I just to believe that the only people who know anything about WoW are the ones who conveniently associate random systems with whatever subscriber losses they feel fit their arguments? That seems like a pretty tall order considering we have verifiable information which directly contradicts that claim from a guy (Ghostcrawler) who has actually seen WoW's retention data. To quote:

    Developers do care if you stop playing their game and they want to know why. However, for games like WoW and LoL, the answers are almost always “I have less time to play now (job/school/family” and “My friends don’t play anymore.” (I’m basing that on having seen a lot of data - it’s not super open to debate.)
    You can call me a Blizzard white knight if you'd like but I'm a lot more likely to believe the word of the guy whose job used to be to react to the game's retention data then some YouTuber or streamer who is obviously farming negativity for views.
    New BiS for 9.1!

    [ twitch ][ Retired Semi-retired as of 2018 ] [ The Official MMO-Champion Bingo Card. ] [ WoW's Community in 2021, illustrated ]
    [ That time I predicted the future...twice. ] [ How do you know if somebody posting on a WoW forum is a FFXIV player? Don't worry, they'll tell you. ]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •