Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    I noticed a lot of people play, maybe because of the anniversary. I see also that even more people play Classic where servers are full.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    US has a 32 minute queue on battle net right now so thats either very broken or insanely crowded.
    Could be the DDOS attack https://twitter.com/BlizzardCS/statu...52635203051524

It has 20k viewers on Twitch. It has less viewers than the ASMR channel.

10+ Year Old Account
    i know it is just another 2 people but me and my wife recently resubbed, mainly because the pvp mount bar starts to fill after 1k rating. we both are terrible at pvp so it was a factor for us to resub.

%5 and counting :P
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

10+ Year Old Account
    could be the 17th anniversary - some people resubbed to get the achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    The game's hardly dead, it's just a sad state of affairs that the best advice for anybody looking to enjoy it is to simply avoid ever discussing it on a public forum.
    I think that mostly just applies to this forum tbh. It never used to be this bad here, but the last few years it’s more and more rapidly descended into an off-brand 4chan WoW forum. The official forums aren’t too bad because I think they’re monitored a little better, but it certainly seems like you can’t make a positive comment about WoW here without being trashed or the thread derailing. It’s certainly become such a toxic place I usually just check the homepage and X - although compared to wowhead these days it’s usually quite late with posting new stuff anyway.

But on topic, I play Silvermoon on EU and it’s still always been pretty active throughout Shadowlands.
    Last edited by THEORACLE64; 2021-11-25 at 04:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This game is good enough to play. I leveled alt and playing on arena with a friend. No need for drama.

Doesn't feel alive on german realms. I am seeing more people in like korthia but they're from other connected realms. Never seen so many players from different servers before. Also there are hardly any groups for world bosses. Wednesday is reset day for eu and there was only one group for the world boss, there's one group for harder rares if you're lucky and more often than not you actually have to wait a couple of minutes to fill the group.

Yes, you see more people from different servers running around in korthia, oribos, orgrimmar and so on but in total there are less players. In korthia you maybe see 20 players but 3 are from server A, 5 from server B and so on. Finding people outside your guild to do stuff like run a m+, do the world boss, do the raid on a twink gets harder and harder because there aren't that many people and groups left.

Are you in a top population server perhaps?

Just tonight at 3am, it was nearly impossible to kill some rares in Korthia. I soloed Consumption and there were 3 people in one of the portal ones.
    About 4 or 5 mythic+ in the dungeon finder listed.

Yeah... super alive.

Keep in mind my server is 5 of them merged now.

Sure, if you are on horde on a top populated server you might see better activity.

I just checked, cause you lied about this before and unsurprisingly WoW is at 25k average viewers. Why am i not surprised? -.-
    Also, Twitch is such a niche streaming platform. Why do you even care? Theres millions more on youtube.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2021-11-25 at 05:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    That is why, when i watched someone stream i got amazed how many fucking people i saw playing around? Not only that? How is Phasing making the game appear more alive ? Did you even read what you wrote? You just said that Blizzard is allowing people to see more players playing so that the game seems to be more alive? So we don't count the activity?

Not only that, Logs mean nothing. Are trials considered? Roleplayers? Just look at it yourself and stop making use of logs.

Game feels very much alive. U won't notice a decline ingame.
    yeah dude,all those milions of raiders just randomly stoped raiding and started doing pet battles out in the world LOL,cope harder

Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    yeah dude,all those milions of raiders just randomly stoped raiding and started doing pet battles out in the world LOL,cope harder
    I mean this was my experience when I stopped raiding in mop and I know atlest one other raider who turned to achievement hunting after BFA for no reason other then to get the points. So it stands to reasons some others would do the same and go to other forms of content even if there not raiding any more.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2021-11-25 at 05:59 AM.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Big deal, instead of being CRZ'ed with 10 Realms they bumped it to 100 and then in another month or 2 they will bump it up to all the realms..

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Are you in a top population server perhaps?

Just tonight at 3am, it was nearly impossible to kill some rares in Korthia. I soloed Consumption and there were 3 people in one of the portal ones.
    About 4 or 5 mythic+ in the dungeon finder listed.

Yeah... super alive.

Keep in mind my server is 5 of them merged now.

Sure, if you are on horde on a top populated server you might see better activity.

I just checked, cause you lied about this before and unsurprisingly WoW is at 25k average viewers. Why am i not surprised? -.-
    Also, Twitch is such a niche streaming platform. Why do you even care? Theres millions more on youtube.
    First of all, there is no such a thing as "tonight at 3am". That is neither night or morning xD

But at that time, you can´t exepct to see players. People have jobs, studies etc.. they sleep at those times.

You have to check server pop at its peak time and then in the early morning (7-9am) and late evening (8-10pm) to have a realistic picture.

That is why, when i watched someone stream i got amazed how many fucking people i saw playing around? Not only that? How is Phasing making the game appear more alive ? Did you even read what you wrote? You just said that Blizzard is allowing people to see more players playing so that the game seems to be more alive? So we don't count the activity?

Not only that, Logs mean nothing. Are trials considered? Roleplayers? Just look at it yourself and stop making use of logs.

Game feels very much alive. U won't notice a decline ingame.
    Did you even read what he wrote? lol
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    It's in a pretty bad spot now, yeah. I'll agree there. The game's survived worse though.
    I think this time different only because what caused it is different - and it's mostly unrelated to the game itself. They need to "win back" the general public opionion and restore the image of the company, which is damaging the game indirectly.

Example - bad work contition bring worse quality content, thus people are unhappy with the game (VERY LARGE STRETCH but you get the idea).

I'm kinda happy though that the whole situation unfolded. It can trigger some changes in the design pipeline that honestly has been stale for years. The good part is that the game core lopp is solid and core playerbase isn't going anywhere.

I've seen a mix and match of stuff lately - yes more people is doing open world farm cause leveling alts to par is now super easy, but most people i feel won't even bother pushing endgame stuff cause it's all gonna e reset in 9.2 anyway. They're mostly preparing characters for the new patch. I myself am in the process of rerolling after 17 years of the same main, and the process is basically streamlined - level to cap - do korthia - run some m+ for easy gear and wait.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

It's all about which server youre playing on. Always has been.
    WoW could have 50 000 players left, but if they are down to 5 servers, the game will feel fun, alive and well.
    Or it could have 5 millions players, but if your server is down to 200 players, it will feel dead and boring.

Just noticed more extremely in 9.1.5 that the activity in my realm and looks like not just mine have seem to increased a bit.
    When i go to Korthia, it is crowded from quest hub till any spot in the zone. Same goes to areas like Stormwind, Oribos, Goldshire. they seem to have increased to older state of activity.

Might just be a me thing, but the game seems to be far more active then people online make it believe to be.

Showing the trend of WoW being back at a stable 50-60k twitch views shows that interest seems to be back.

I know most of here arent subbed and got no real opinion to bring in because they don't experience it themself, but the game isn't doing as bad as most of you make it appear to be.
    There is no such thing, as "my server" any longer. Are you sure, they're players from your server and not from CRZ? When I was playing SL, locations were also overcrowded, but they were overcrowded by players from around 3-4 servers.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    There's also PvP and M+.. The fact is TBC and Classic / SOM are all about raid logging, using warcraftlogs as a proof of something is just lol. It does say a lot about those games compared to retail though when all you have is raiding.

I see a lot of people throwing out the usual "oh the game is alive it only gets a bad rep in forums from the sweaty nerds".
    Let me tell you this. No matter how shitty a game is, how predatory or how absolute garbage it can get (not speaking about WoW specifically), there is one platform you can trust that will still have people praising the game as its a safe heaven for the more casual playerbase of each game. And that platform is none other than the boomer paradise that is Facebook.

Yet in the case of WoW, if you go on their facebook page and check the posts, the vast majority of comments are now negative.
    Blizzard increasing the CRZ and reducing the numbers of shard per server cluster to make the world seem more alive on high pop servers should not trick you into thinking the game is doing well. Its far from being dead like a lot claim here but its not doing well.
    Try playing Alliance for example. Silvermoon EU used to be one of the biggest Alliance servers and the last time I logged it still had a decent population but was steadily declining.
    Anecdotal evidence but when I quit halfway into Nathria mythic prog, my guild switched to horde due to being unable to find a reliable roster on one of the biggest alliance servers after losing a couple more people later. The entire guild fell apart a couple months after with most of them quitting completely and a select few going to play TBC classic.