Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    CRZ is actually bad for game, because Blizzard pack CRZ locations far beyond comfortable level and this causes extreme lags. For example when world boss is being killed, even if it isn't happening on your shard and not even in your region, because EU servers affect each other, even if they're in different regions.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    It was horrendous in WoD. Seems alot of people have forgotten it. If it wasnt for the scandals outside of the game in 2021, SL wouldnt really be looked upon so badly I think. WoD was a proper shitshow and it felt REALLY easy not playing during that time.
    Im biased because i play wow for raids and they have almost always been top notch but castle is one of the best, if not the best opening raids ever for me. I really liked it.
    It was a great leggo acquisition, i liked torghast as a means as progressing it rather then doing some boring daily, at least there I could go nuts with powers and pull everything as tank, it was fun even when forced. The story hasn't interested me for a long time so I just try to ignore it all together. The covenants was a nice flavor and with the recent changes, its golden. Do i wish there was more to do? Not really, not as a raider... Do i wish there was more optional, casual, purely fun content? Yes, for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    At this point they kind of have to (and should). If the board of directors keeps pushing to keep him I fear things will get far worse.
    The board is full of Bobbies friends, hoping that they'll deliver the coup de grâce is naive.

Unless more partners come out and actually put pressure (rather than just "state their concern"), Activision shareholder vote him out or the stock going into free fall because of that, i think it's unlikely.
    The only organization that actually severed tied was "Girls who code" as far as i know, but as long as that partnership doesn't make any money, i doubt they'll care about it.

And if Kotick survives this, it would honestly not surprise me if the "Fire Bobby Kotick" petition turns into an "Enemies List", with Blizzard right at the bulls eye.
    A (simple) majority of employees that have signed the petition are Blizzard employees, and Blizzard just happens to be the weakest link in the chain of Activision Blizzard.

With the delays and drama surrounding Blizzard, Kotick can easily justify to "restructure" the company under the guise of financial concerns - i'm not talking about dismantling Blizzard, but rather to make an example on what will happen when you criticize dear Bobby or make a serious push unionization.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    While true for retail, (for the purpose of @tomten's initial estimation) I'd wager the percentage of people raiding in TBCC is significantly higher.
    Very good point actually. Would surprise me if 90%+ didnt raid in TBCC

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    The timing of the workplace scandals has been extremely unfortunate for the game. Maybe Christmas will come early this year and Activision will finally sack Bobby Kotick.
    People actually think the game and incredibly stupid design decisions will change over night if Bobby is gone? Top to bottom its the still the same inept group of people making the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Has it, though?
    14 months of no content at end of pandaria? whole of WOD?
    yeah, game survuved MUCH worse than current state

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    People actually think the game and incredibly stupid design decisions will change over night if Bobby is gone? Top to bottom its the still the same inept group of people making the game.
    Which part of my post implied that I thought Kotick being removed would have any impact on the design choices of the game?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    The board is full of Bobbies friends, hoping that they'll deliver the coup de grâce is naive.

Unless more partners come out and actually put pressure (rather than just "state their concern"), Activision shareholder vote him out or the stock going into free fall because of that, i think it's unlikely.
    The only organization that actually severed tied was "Girls who code" as far as i know, but as long as that partnership doesn't make any money, i doubt they'll care about it.
    I feel like the backlash is in a weird kind of stasis right now due to the Holiday here in the states; we're unlikely to see any movement until the 29th at the earliest.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Just noticed more extremely in 9.1.5 that the activity in my realm and looks like not just mine have seem to increased a bit.
    When i go to Korthia, it is crowded from quest hub till any spot in the zone. Same goes to areas like Stormwind, Oribos, Goldshire. they seem to have increased to older state of activity.

Might just be a me thing, but the game seems to be far more active then people online make it believe to be.

Showing the trend of WoW being back at a stable 50-60k twitch views shows that interest seems to be back.

I know most of here arent subbed and got no real opinion to bring in because they don't experience it themself, but the game isn't doing as bad as most of you make it appear to be.
    Most of the views currently are because of Season of Mastery however. I have returned to get the for 9.1.5 as well and it's been fun for a couple of weeks, but I am slowly getting bored again and if it wasn't for SoM I would've unsubbed again.

However keep in mind that seeing a lot of people in the open world isn't a sign that many people have retuned. It is most likely just proof that the sharding system is working well. Like depending on how many people are playing, this sharding tech will create shards with people in them, so that system will automatically try to make sure that each player is seeing a certain amount of people per zone as was intended by the devs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    14 months of no content at end of pandaria? whole of WOD?
    yeah, game survuved MUCH worse than current state
    Both were better imo. I remember very well that I've played through both expansions without unsubbing. The lack of new content of pandaria wasn't as bad when you consider that the game itself was fun back then and the existing content was great. After a few months there was nothing to do with my main, except PVP (which was AMAZING), so I leveled up many alts, which was a lot of fun (because of the fun content) and because it was just very easy to play alts with no barriers or grinding needed for some useless system (except for the legendary cloak). WoD was for the most part the same, the content it had was fun and the classes were fun too, it was to easy to level alts and you had no annoying systems you had to grind for. WoD was at that time, admittedly, a low point for me, but only because there wasn't a lot of content in the first place, but everything else was good (except the mission table).

SL has some great content too (even torghast is fun) and most classes are finally fun again too, however all of their systems are just so bad and simply not fun, especially when you level alts (which I just did). Basically all the chores you were doing on your main now have to be done on your alts as well, except that you're much much weaker and slower.
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2021-11-25 at 11:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Just noticed more extremely in 9.1.5 that the activity in my realm and looks like not just mine have seem to increased a bit.
    When i go to Korthia, it is crowded from quest hub till any spot in the zone. Same goes to areas like Stormwind, Oribos, Goldshire. they seem to have increased to older state of activity.

Might just be a me thing, but the game seems to be far more active then people online make it believe to be.

Showing the trend of WoW being back at a stable 50-60k twitch views shows that interest seems to be back.

I know most of here arent subbed and got no real opinion to bring in because they don't experience it themself, but the game isn't doing as bad as most of you make it appear to be.
    Makes sense as infections have been soaring across the continent. Gaming is nice and safe with that in mind.

Also lockdowns.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by gosuabbbff View Post
    There's also PvP and M+.. The fact is TBC and Classic / SOM are all about raid logging, using warcraftlogs as a proof of something is just lol. It does say a lot about those games compared to retail though when all you have is raiding.
    pvp and m+ is also trackable by 3rd party,those people stoped doing any such form of content

10+ Year Old Account
    OP, Bobby, dat u m8?

Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    They just phased more so it appears less dead.
    You can see on warcraftlogs it's less people then classic and classic is hardly large.
    Warcraftlogs accounts for less that 5% of the population. Only around 2% of the playerbase raids or has ever raided.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Most of the views currently are because of Season of Mastery however. I have returned to get the for 9.1.5 as well and it's been fun for a couple of weeks, but I am slowly getting bored again and if it wasn't for SoM I would've unsubbed again.

However keep in mind that seeing a lot of people in the open world isn't a sign that many people have retuned. It is most likely just proof that the sharding system is working well. Like depending on how many people are playing, this sharding tech will create shards with people in them, so that system will automatically try to make sure that each player is seeing a certain amount of people per zone as was intended by the devs.

- - - Updated - - -

Both were better imo. I remember very well that I've played through both expansions without unsubbing. The lack of new content of pandaria wasn't as bad when you consider that the game itself was fun back then and the existing content was great. After a few months there was nothing to do with my main, except PVP (which was AMAZING), so I leveled up many alts, which was a lot of fun (because of the fun content) and because it was just very easy to play alts with no barriers or grinding needed for some useless system (except for the legendary cloak). WoD was for the most part the same, the content it had was fun and the classes were fun too, it was to easy to level alts and you had no annoying systems you had to grind for. WoD was at that time, admittedly, a low point for me, but only because there wasn't a lot of content in the first place, but everything else was good (except the mission table).

SL has some great content too (even torghast is fun) and most classes are finally fun again too, however all of their systems are just so bad and simply not fun, especially when you level alts (which I just did). Basically all the chores you were doing on your main now have to be done on your alts as well, except that you're much much weaker and slower.
    Sharding is only a classic system and that was removed about 3 days after launch of SoM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I think this time different only because what caused it is different - and it's mostly unrelated to the game itself. They need to "win back" the general public opionion and restore the image of the company, which is damaging the game indirectly.
    The legal drama was at best the last push for many. Most people left because they disagree with the game's direction and utter lack of content for 3 updates in a row.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    It'll won't be literally dead for a long time, but it's pretty dead.
    I don't get it. I've been seeing the same acitivity, queue times, people and activities in general now that I have in the last 10 years. Nothing has changed in the way I play the game or the people I see since I started. If this is what qualifies as dead, I hate to imagine what you think of other games.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Sharding is only a classic system and that was removed about 3 days after launch of SoM.
    Are you referring to layers?
    Those are still being used in SoM.

This in on Dreadnaught EU (biggest SoM server) at 2pm, which is when most people are still at work in the EU.
    If you want to play during peak hours, you're sitting in a 1hour queue.

Quote Originally Posted by Geckoo View Post
    My point is that, even if we had official numbers and those numbers were really bad, all that really matters is if you have enough people around to support your gaming experience. This means, enough players to play organized content at whatever your level is and/or enough players to feel like the world is alive and has some healthy economy
    More importantly, whether Blizzard feels motivated by the number of players left to provide you further content to support that gaming experience.

The content WoW has been providing has been wasting away over the years. Further declines and we're going to have to call in UNICEF.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    I don't get it. I've been seeing the same acitivity, queue times, people and activities in general now that I have in the last 10 years. Nothing has changed in the way I play the game or the people I see since I started. If this is what qualifies as dead, I hate to imagine what you think of other games.
    it's dead because I no longer play it and no one I know does anymore.

The board is full of Bobbies friends, hoping that they'll deliver the coup de grâce is naive..
    They may be his friends, but board members can be targeted in lawsuits (subjecting them to personal liability) if they too egregiously violate their fiduciary responsibility to represent the interests of the shareholders.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Felis igneus View Post
    The legal drama was at best the last push for many. Most people left because they disagree with the game's direction and utter lack of content for 3 updates in a row.
    Sure, but since to the company the biggest issue is the whole shenanigans about being basically the most evil place on earth with a shit boss and this is making lose them a lot of money even not related to WoW, their priority is now making so the fall is stopped. This involves making WoW a more accepted game.

There's a lot going on and it's interconnected.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Are you referring to layers?
    Those are still being used in SoM.

This in on Dreadnaught EU (biggest SoM server) at 2pm, which is when most people are still at work in the EU.
    If you want to play during peak hours, you're sitting in a 1hour queue.
    No idea where that info is from but layers (guess I got the term wrong) was removed from all realms on day 4. Thats why you have queues. They turned the all off. That info is wrong.

Edit: that looks like an addon and a badly made one at that.