1. #1

    Why do you love to hate?

    Fun question here, feel free to answer as honestly or dishonestly as you please.

    I tend to use MMO Champion at downtime during work and travel. Whilst I myself am rather chilled and don't personally attack individuals over their opinions, I absolutely love it when people do.

    Great swathes of the internet are a miasma of judgement, cruelty, suffering and despair.

    This feeds me.

    For every subjective opinion turned into objective fact, for every misrepresented quote, every reasonable discussion dashed against the rocks of someone just deciding to be cruel to a digital stranger because they can with impunity... I grow stronger.

    So. Why do you love to hate on the internet? Are you bored? Do you resent your job for depriving you of time spent with friends and loved ones? Do you enjoy trolling and the salt-tang of tears streaming through your notifications inbox? Do you simply reflect your own treatment at the hands of the real world?

    Tell me.

  2. #2
    It’s a gaming forum, ppl want to “win” at argument-competitions.

  3. #3
    Master of the Void The Dark One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Void
    Posts
    2,064
    I don't hate.

    I think it's sad that people use the internet as an outlet for their rage/venom/spite rather than dealing with their own issues.
    Fundamental civil rights are only "political" if you're trying to take them away from people.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkHarvey View Post
    Great swathes of the internet are a miasma of judgement, cruelty, suffering and despair.
    This feeds me.
    Colin Robinson? Is that you?

  5. #5
    Honestly i don't like to hate... but sometimes the internet reads everything "against" anything as being triggered. Then people try to mock you for being triggered whitch in turn actually triggers me sometimes^^

    Also: Everyone is always right, everyone who is not of whatever someones opinion is is completly wrong and stupid, arguments that are quite obviously ment in a certain way get nitpicked into oblivion for being not 100% worded correctly and therefore irrelevant, wrong and again stupid.

    Best example is the whole Tinker discussion or the flying discussion. There is no middle ground. It is all or nothing. And got forbid you have even one thing wrong anywhere or have a slightly middleway opinion everything gets devalued and you are wrong for everything you will ever say... period...

    at that point it is really hard not to hate some very pedantic people...

    Same on other sites. Mainly in the internet. Next to no one is like that in real life.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    Colin Robinson? Is that you?
    I love that show so much <3

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkHarvey View Post
    Fun question here, feel free to answer as honestly or dishonestly as you please.

    I tend to use MMO Champion at downtime during work and travel. Whilst I myself am rather chilled and don't personally attack individuals over their opinions, I absolutely love it when people do.

    Great swathes of the internet are a miasma of judgement, cruelty, suffering and despair.

    This feeds me.

    For every subjective opinion turned into objective fact, for every misrepresented quote, every reasonable discussion dashed against the rocks of someone just deciding to be cruel to a digital stranger because they can with impunity... I grow stronger.

    So. Why do you love to hate on the internet? Are you bored? Do you resent your job for depriving you of time spent with friends and loved ones? Do you enjoy trolling and the salt-tang of tears streaming through your notifications inbox? Do you simply reflect your own treatment at the hands of the real world?

    Tell me.
    Personally i find that people learn best when they are confronted with themselves, when they look into the metaphorical mirror.
    Likewise it is very useful to confront them eith the restraints of reality, whether that is through logical reasoning in words or more practical set ups.

    Neither of these things makes people happy and frequently it incites anger, but to those who pick up on these lessons they provide a structural improvement they are, in practice, otherwise incapable of obtaining or retaining.

    This is also often misrepresented as hate when in practice it is more akin to eating chocolate or something: i just like it.
    No emotion required.

    And as i can't get fat the downsides are nearly nonexistent for me as well, both in the literal and metaphorical sense. ^^
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

    Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkHarvey View Post
    Fun question here, feel free to answer as honestly or dishonestly as you please.

    I tend to use MMO Champion at downtime during work and travel. Whilst I myself am rather chilled and don't personally attack individuals over their opinions, I absolutely love it when people do.

    Great swathes of the internet are a miasma of judgement, cruelty, suffering and despair.

    This feeds me.

    For every subjective opinion turned into objective fact, for every misrepresented quote, every reasonable discussion dashed against the rocks of someone just deciding to be cruel to a digital stranger because they can with impunity... I grow stronger.

    So. Why do you love to hate on the internet? Are you bored? Do you resent your job for depriving you of time spent with friends and loved ones? Do you enjoy trolling and the salt-tang of tears streaming through your notifications inbox? Do you simply reflect your own treatment at the hands of the real world?

    Tell me.
    Read The True Believer by Eric Hoffer. You will find your answer.

  9. #9
    I love when i smoke and hate when another people smoke

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by marina34 View Post
    I love when i smoke and hate when another people smoke
    You obviously didn't read the thread.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •