Hearthstone Desktop and Mobile App feel poorly designed

I've been playing Hearthstone more lately, hitting up Merc mode in my down time.
    The mobile app constantly disconnects if your phone goes into standby or lock screen. You can randomly touch through the screen and the app minimizes/crashes. The interface is sluggish at best. Opening multiple packs feel more like a chore than a fun experience.

The desktop app is insanely slow, somehow the interface is worse than the mobile app. It has crashed more than every other thing combined I have run on my PC in the last 3-4 weeks. In fact, the only other crash I had was WoW during that time frame...

For the insane prices they charge and comparing to other "F2P" games, Hearthstone feels like it was made overnight in some dude's basement rather than a title put out by a AAA developer that has been around for years.
    For reference my PC is a serviceable machine, running WoW on med-high settings with no issues. Intel i5, 64gb ram, 1060 6gb, SATA SSD.
    The phone I use is a Samsung S21+.

Nintendo makes better optimized mobile games than Blizzard, of all companies.

I can't say I've had similar issues to that degree honestly.

The biggest repeated issue I've had is sluggish UI, specifically when browsing the shop or when trying to clear out new achievements. Trying to scroll to the bottom to buy a pack with coins causes the scroll to freak out sometimes, other times it just doesn't even want to budge. This clears up after like 5 seconds but it's still weird that it even happens quite honestly every time I open the shop.

Similar issues happen with the achievements, where it's a pain to scroll to, and then sometimes to actually check the achievement off it takes a few seconds of spamming click on it.

I'd be willing to accept some could just be server lag at times, but the shop is always a frustrating experience.

All my stats are a bit behind you too, my phone is a Samsung S20, and computer has 1060 3GB, with intel i5-6600k.

I haven't had issues with opening packs but I also use the space bar to move the pack to the middle instead, dunno if you're dragging them with the mouse every time.

My one and only complaint with the mobile app is that on IOS, the home bar never disappears from the bottom of the screen. It just goes into this faded version of it. Thanks, I know where the bottom of the screen is. I wish they'd remove it.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Quote Originally Posted by Mokrath View Post
    I've been playing Hearthstone more lately, hitting up Merc mode in my down time.
    The mobile app constantly disconnects if your phone goes into standby or lock screen. You can randomly touch through the screen and the app minimizes/crashes. The interface is sluggish at best. Opening multiple packs feel more like a chore than a fun experience.

The desktop app is insanely slow, somehow the interface is worse than the mobile app. It has crashed more than every other thing combined I have run on my PC in the last 3-4 weeks. In fact, the only other crash I had was WoW during that time frame...

For the insane prices they charge and comparing to other "F2P" games, Hearthstone feels like it was made overnight in some dude's basement rather than a title put out by a AAA developer that has been around for years.
    For reference my PC is a serviceable machine, running WoW on med-high settings with no issues. Intel i5, 64gb ram, 1060 6gb, SATA SSD.
    The phone I use is a Samsung S21+.

Nintendo makes better optimized mobile games than Blizzard, of all companies.
    I have a similar experience. I've been playing on a 2021 fire 10 hd and it locks up randomly. It's especially when there's a big change in ui. Like right after opening, opening the store or achievements. One bad one is right after the first phase of mercenaries.

I played rank for the first year or two, so opening it up and playing now there were all sorts of return player toast. I can't stand this in mobile games. But it seems some of it might have been lock ups when I was supposed to receive toast.

But that's another thing: the UI is clunky. It's the same four line menu from launch. And certain things are buried awkwardly.

Just a lot of bloat and probably a lack of QA.

I can't speak for the desktop interface, I haven't played it for years.

I'm a usual phone game player along with computer ones, and Hearthstone is the one that irks me the most when switching to phone. Sluggish, the UI feels 'weird', don't know how to better say it, and overall I don't enjoy playing that much on phone so I always go to desktop. I play tons of phone games and I'm very comfortable with them but Hearthstone feels different. As OP said, somehow it feels like visually it's a AAA, so much care about art department which I appreciate, but then while playing everything feels like some sort of passion project from a bunch of people. It's cool, I like it, but... it feels clunky.

I play on a Oneplus 5, have no issues with any other games and play other 'heavy' ones with no problems at all. Not sure if it has to do with phone or with some interaction between phone system and game, I'm not proficient in these things to tell it better. I still have it installed but it's pretty much for when I'm travelling tbh. Computer just beats it.