Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

WoW EU feels very alive

Just noticed more extremely in 9.1.5 that the activity in my realm and looks like not just mine have seem to increased a bit.
    When i go to Korthia, it is crowded from quest hub till any spot in the zone. Same goes to areas like Stormwind, Oribos, Goldshire. they seem to have increased to older state of activity.

Might just be a me thing, but the game seems to be far more active then people online make it believe to be.

Showing the trend of WoW being back at a stable 50-60k twitch views shows that interest seems to be back.

I know most of here arent subbed and got no real opinion to bring in because they don't experience it themself, but the game isn't doing as bad as most of you make it appear to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

The game's hardly dead, it's just a sad state of affairs that the best advice for anybody looking to enjoy it is to simply avoid ever discussing it on a public forum.

They just phased more so it appears less dead.
    You can see on warcraftlogs it's less people then classic and classic is hardly large.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    You can see on warcraftlogs it's less people then classic and classic is hardly large.
    That is why, when i watched someone stream i got amazed how many fucking people i saw playing around? Not only that? How is Phasing making the game appear more alive ? Did you even read what you wrote? You just said that Blizzard is allowing people to see more players playing so that the game seems to be more alive? So we don't count the activity?

Not only that, Logs mean nothing. Are trials considered? Roleplayers? Just look at it yourself and stop making use of logs.

Game feels very much alive. U won't notice a decline ingame.
    Last edited by Gimlix; 2021-11-24 at 10:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

7+ Year Old Account
    So you say Classic has more players than retail? Mkay bruh.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

What server are you on??? The five servers I have characters on are completely dead. I logged in to Orgrimmar during prime time, zero queue and I saw a total of two players

I've been playing a lot of FFXIV lately and I've gotten used to long queues and hundreds of players in the capitals, maybe even more than that.

Bit of a false equivalency when you consider M+ isn't factored into that equation.

Imagine thinking that looking at endgame content participation says anything about the amount of players.
    Most people never even raid dude, so warcraftlogs is less than useful in the real world, outside the ohnotheskyisfalling circle jerk of MMO Champ...

You're either talking utter nonsense or you meant that they're phasing less.

Hopefully what you've noticed is happening everywhere. It would be nice to see the world more active again.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    That is why, when i watched someone stream i got amazed how many fucking people i saw playing around? Not only that? How is Phasing making the game appear more alive ? Did you even read what you wrote? You just said that Blizzard is allowing people to see more players playing so that the game seems to be more alive? So we don't count the activity?

Not only that, Logs mean nothing. Are trials considered? Roleplayers? Just look at it yourself and stop making use of logs.

Game feels very much alive. U won't notice a decline ingame.
    Do you understand what phasing is? And how realms are connected?
    They can allow 2 people to be in the same phase and have 10 000 of those phases.
    OR they can allow 20 people in the same phase and have 1000 of those phases.
    Just made up numbers ^^

Still the same amount of players but one has more players and appears more alive. Not really a hard concept if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    So you say Classic has more players than retail? Mkay bruh.
    If we base it off activity on warcraftlogs? Then yes. If you have any other, more accurate method of gauging player activity, i'd be happy to know about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    You're either talking utter nonsense or you meant that they're phasing less.

Hopefully what you've noticed is happening everywhere. It would be nice to see the world more active again.
    Just poor english on my part, i meant they phased more people into the same phase.
    Last edited by tomten; 2021-11-24 at 11:07 PM.

More active than? I see a lot fewer groups than in 9.0. People doing outdoor activities also became WAY less. So from my perspective, the game lost a lot of players.

Can only speak for alliance side on EU, but there are hardly groups up for any content after ~22:00 in the evening. Yeah, you see people in Oribos and the sanctums, but as soon as you leave them, you are all alone.

If we base it off activity on warcraftlogs? Then yes. If you have any other, more accurate method of gauging player activity, i'd be happy to know about it.
    There are no reliable estimates because that information is completely immaterial for people looking to enjoy the game. The OP's observations, while completely anecdotal, are about as relevant as anything else anybody submits as evidence.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    More active than? I see a lot fewer groups than in 9.0. People doing outdoor activities also became WAY less. So from my perspective, the game lost a lot of players.
    Case in point.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    The game's hardly dead, it's just a sad state of affairs that the best advice for anybody looking to enjoy it is to simply avoid ever discussing it on a public forum.
    It'll won't be literally dead for a long time, but it's pretty dead.

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    It'll won't be literally dead for a long time, but it's pretty dead.
    It's in a pretty bad spot now, yeah. I'll agree there. The game's survived worse though.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    There are no reliable estimates because that information is completely immaterial for people looking to enjoy the game. The OP's observations, while completely anecdotal, are about as relevant as anything else anybody submits as evidence.
    While i agree to some extent, endgame is not such a far reach to use as an estimate. Will you exclude casual players? Absolutely but I would argue classic is the more casual game and would attract more casuals.

While i agree to some extent, endgame is not such a far reach to use as an estimate. Will you exclude casual players? Absolutely but I would argue classic is the more casual game and would attract more casuals.
    You have to think about what people are doing in each game -- most people playing TBC are playing it to raid...therefore WCL estimates will naturally skew in their favor. I don't know how many people are playing TBC to do Skettis dailies but I'd wager that group of players pales in comparison to those in Retail who do any number of activities which aren't going to be able to be picked up by a raid logging website.

I don’t get the same impression on my server and I play on EU Horde. Only Oribos and Orgrimmar has some players around but other than that it’s been pretty dead. Also I see a lot less groups in the custom group finder that aren’t boosts. Classic Season of Mastery has been quite active but of course it’s still new, can’t say how popular TBCC has been.

US has a 32 minute queue on battle net right now so thats either very broken or insanely crowded.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    US has a 32 minute queue on battle net right now so thats either very broken or insanely crowded.
    I think it's broken just like zones when there's more than one raid group attacking a world boss -- they downsized the shit out of the capacity so any spike (like the day before thanksgiving apparently) and it can't handle shit. I was booted from my connection mid-hearthstone game only to be greeted by unable to reconnect and then a 22 minute queue that became 30 minutes followed by the app closing itself (just checked and the app closed itself before the queue was up again.)

edit: definitely broken I was able to log right in to hearthstone moble.
    Last edited by terminaltrip421; 2021-11-24 at 11:25 PM.