1. #1

    Addons do not disable for all characters properly

    When you disable addons and choose all characters, it will still only disable for that one character, and if you log into another character, it will still be enabled.

    This problem has existed for a long time and still remains to be fixed.

  2. #2
    Brewmaster Pakheth's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    The cold hell known as Norway
    Posts
    1,276
    Quote Originally Posted by orderchaos View Post
    When you disable addons and choose all characters, it will still only disable for that one character, and if you log into another character, it will still be enabled.

    This problem has existed for a long time and still remains to be fixed.
    Then report it on the official forums or ingame. This one is not an official one.

  3. #3
    might want to make a ticket

  4. #4
    The Undying Gehco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    34,543
    Quote Originally Posted by orderchaos View Post
    When you disable addons and choose all characters, it will still only disable for that one character, and if you log into another character, it will still be enabled.

    This problem has existed for a long time and still remains to be fixed.
    I suggest posting it on the official forum, as well as a bug report, and making a ticket if need be. I, myself, have not experienced it but that does not mean it cannot happen to others.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

  5. #5

  6. #6
    Honorary PvM "Mod" Darsithis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    51,194
    Quote Originally Posted by orderchaos View Post
    Blizzard doesn't care.
    What's the point of the thread?

    As far as bugs go, it's hardly a game-breaking one. It's a minor inconvenience, if it's still even a valid bug today.

  7. #7
    Scarab Lord Maljinwo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    4,149
    Quote Originally Posted by orderchaos View Post
    Blizzard doesn't care.
    And so you decided to post in a fan forum...
    Ok?
    What did that accomplish?
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    And so you decided to post in a fan forum...
    Ok?
    What did that accomplish?
    Are you saying this forum is irrelevant? Why even post anything here?

  9. #9
    Spam Assassin! MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Tralfamadore
    Posts
    31,327
    Quote Originally Posted by orderchaos View Post
    Are you saying this forum is irrelevant? Why even post anything here?
    Compared to the official forums that Blizzard maintains, yeah, pretty much. The second question is one I ask myself a lot. Read through the comments on the news article about John Yang leaving Blizzard which is pretty much the standard response here and then ask yourself if you were them would you bother? I'm not sure I would.

    Bugs and requests should be sent to Blizzard directly.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2021-11-28 at 05:54 AM.
    “We live in a moment where everything immediately seems to default to outrage. There’s a kind of M.O. of either it’s exactly how I see it, or you’re my enemy.”

  10. #10
    Scarab Lord Maljinwo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    4,149
    Quote Originally Posted by orderchaos View Post
    Are you saying this forum is irrelevant? Why even post anything here?
    If it's to report a bug, yes. This forum is irrelevant. Blizzard won't look at MMO Champion for a bug report
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Compared to the official forums that Blizzard maintains, yeah, pretty much.
    Ok then why post anything here at all? Every post made here is better made on the official forum.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    If it's to report a bug, yes. This forum is irrelevant. Blizzard won't look at MMO Champion for a bug report
    Why only bugs? What if I say "I don't like this thing in WoW". That's like every thread here. Every thread is discussing some issue in wow. Why ever make that thread here where blizzard won't read it? Why not go over to the official forum?

    You are making an argument for this forum being irrelevant.

  12. #12
    Spam Assassin! MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Tralfamadore
    Posts
    31,327
    Quote Originally Posted by orderchaos View Post
    Ok then why post anything here at all? Every post made here is better made on the official forum.
    Theoretically you would like to have a conversation with people. Alternately many posts are solely for the purpose of getting a lot of attention. That's why forums exist mainly, depleted as they are these days by discords and such. And that's fine.

    If you want Blizzard to make some change and have a chance at it being an effective post you're better off at the official site. This is just a fact. I have a lot of reasons why I post here but anything serious I want someone to see gets posted at Blizzard.

    There's lots of places that I think are more relevant: Twitter for one. Facebook for another. Most here don't realize that Facebook hosts a number of World of Warcraft public groups that have members than number into the tens of thousands.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2021-11-28 at 06:48 AM.
    “We live in a moment where everything immediately seems to default to outrage. There’s a kind of M.O. of either it’s exactly how I see it, or you’re my enemy.”

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by orderchaos View Post
    Ok then why post anything here at all? Every post made here is better made on the official forum.

    Why only bugs? What if I say "I don't like this thing in WoW". That's like every thread here. Every thread is discussing some issue in wow. Why ever make that thread here where blizzard won't read it? Why not go over to the official forum?

    You are making an argument for this forum being irrelevant.
    Your argument is based on the assumption that posts on this forum are made in order to communicate with Blizzard.

    That might be true for you, and in that case you should post on the official forums where the chance of your post being read by blizzard is higher.

    I personally post here because I want to read and discuss what other gamers think about the game. And this is the least bad place to do so.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Theoretically you would like to have a conversation with people.
    Yeah but why here, why not on the official forum, where blizzard can read that discussion?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    Your argument is based on the assumption that posts on this forum are made in order to communicate with Blizzard.
    If they're not then whats the point? Circlejerk?

  15. #15
    They have long said the only way to truly disable a addon is to delete it. Disabling it has never truly worked.
    Noirluna the Immortal of Proudmoore

  16. #16
    I opened a ticket about that yrs ago, you can see how important it is..

    I had a char issue where every time I went into a MOP zone back in 5.0 I would become translucent. Only happened on 1 toon no matter what I did and it was finally fixed in 8.3 lol
    Last edited by darklogrus; 2021-11-28 at 07:34 AM.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by orderchaos View Post
    When you disable addons and choose all characters, it will still only disable for that one character, and if you log into another character, it will still be enabled.

    This problem has existed for a long time and still remains to be fixed.
    I am having the same issue.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •