Poll: Opinion on the design of the new zone

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    even the art team decided to fuck it and be done with shadowlands. copy a few nagrand rocks and add a bit of bloom, move on to 10.0. its whatever, final zone, just there so everyone can finally move on to 10.0.

The environment is meh, and it's also rather unoriginal given that it's the same generic "lush greenery with titan architecture" aesthetic we've seen before with Sholazar Basin, Freya's garden in Ulduar, and Eonar's room in Antorus. The raid has a few interesting rooms but that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    the design of it looks very interesting and the part of it being a massive circle in the middle of the zone sure does look good!
    Anyone else very excited to see what the zone has to bring and to just hang in there?

Korthia was already well done, i am expecting more from the new zone!
    hmmm, from my point of view, its just you.

i am not sure yet, what i should think about 9.2. but i can definetely not share your opinion on Korthia. so, we will see… i am rather neutral at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    The environment is meh, and it's also rather unoriginal given that it's the same generic "lush greenery with titan architecture" aesthetic we've seen before with Sholazar Basin, Freya's garden in Ulduar, and Eonar's room in Antorus. The raid has a few interesting rooms but that's it.
    Sholazar basin barely has titan stuff in it, and yeah it's green and has plants, that's about it. One room in a raid and another room in a raid that are slightly similar. If that is your limit on what is original, then nothing is. I would like for you to post picture of Sholazar basin and put in next to Zereth Mortis and you would see that they have just about color and having plants in common.

That desert section just scream "i loved Nier Automata" to me.
    I like the big round thing in the middle of the place. That feels a bit alien compared to the rest.

Other then that it looks fine, lots of floating trees, many triangles, plenty of 90° angles on rocks .... it just feels like more of the same for 90% of it.
    This is supposed to be the 3D printer of the god's God, they should have gone with something 1000% more alien then water you walk on and flaoting balls if they want to go that way. Give us a whole zone that looks like it came from Tron, or something that looks like Algalon's chamber but stretched to a whole zone, or maybe something so clean and slick that Apple would steal the design of it.

That zone really looks like more of the same, but it also looks fine. Forests, lakes, ruins, desert ... at least it's not a big grey expanse.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    Literally the only thing it has in common with Jade Forest and Volduun is trees and sand. With that logic every zone in the game can be called boring too. How can you even judge something you've only seen an incredibly tiny amount of even?
    Well, the OP created this post asking what we thought about it. So an answer was given. You sound offended. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    it looks unfinished which it is I suppose
    the plants looks too "foamy"
    I guess that’s the only time they can get away with the excuse of things looking unfinished as it is the melting pot/experimentation room of the first ones XD

Don't like the new zone at all, enviorments and mobs looks bland and lame to me.
    Last edited by Azerox; 2021-11-29 at 07:30 AM.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie,
    and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    I mean, the zone story wise is literally "unfinished". It is a testing ground for creating new realms and w/e inhabits them.
    Oh hey, its the same excuse as the Maw. And that was such a well loved zone wasn't it.

Also love how they added an ungodly amount of fog so the art team didn't have to make a skybox.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by saixilein View Post
    Im sure Korthia just look so boring because they need something generic. It was planned that every covenant have their own 9.1 kampagne. But cause they scraped 9.3 For sure they just changed things... Like they did with WoD, unfortunately

I like Zovaals Grasp & Endless sand.

Personally i miss a snowy region. Im a big fan of snowy zones. My favorite zone of all time is still wintergrasp. Looks gorgeous and the Theme song is just blasting.

Every Winter i try to go outside (if its possible at night), listening to Wintergrasp theme in a loop and walking around the Forest. Haha.
    Hey good point. I wonder why? There might be some technical reason surely. Have we ever got any snow area on the last 7 years or more? I can´t think of any.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thestrawman View Post
    Oh hey, its the same excuse as the Maw. And that was such a well loved zone wasn't it.

Also love how they added an ungodly amount of fog so the art team didn't have to make a skybox.
    The fog goes with the theme... Also, it is an experimental place, it should be more like the gm design areas than a finished area.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Hey good point. I wonder why? There might be some technical reason surely. Have we ever got any snow area on the last 7 years or more? I can´t think of any.

- - - Updated - - -

The fog goes with the theme... Also, it is an experimental place, it should be more like the gm design areas than a finished area.
    But there are so many better ways to convey that, but those would require effort.

I like it too and glad see someone interested in it too
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post

- - - Updated - - -
    I guess the only snowy region we got was frostfireridge in WoD. But theres so many lava and "unsnowy" mountains its loosing the snowy-flare for sure. And thats it. All other snowy Regions are from WOTLK or classic. Ofc there are som "snowy" areals in some regions, mostly on the peake of some mountains.

Lets hope we get some new region in 10.0

It looks OK, it's probably the best looking zone in the expansion.

That said, I think this expansion had extremely poor zones compared to even BFA. I also think there's a lot of additional expectation when this is supposed to be the afterlife and the employees in the reveal video are pouring on syrup thick PR to make something that looks fairly standard come across as far more exotic and wonderous

The desert biome looks amazing, especially the part when we could see remains of Guardian of the Fist Ones stage from SoD raid. The forest biome is okay, I never cared for more grassy/forest types of zones.

Don't like that it's filled with mechanical and elemental characters. Feels very impersonal and cold.

The zone is thoroughly unimpressive and nothing in it says Warcraft to me.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

I think it would be decent as a standalone zone. As the zone were all creation starts it looks a little underwhelming