Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    I think you'll find Russia is the toddler running around smashing things here. The whole "acting on your emotions" thing is weapon grade projection.
    People constantly shift to emotions here when cold look at facts and options would allow to do a lot more damage to Russia.

Suggesting that Ukraine should have negotiated a better deal for peace with Russia than the last one is also hilarious.
    No, it was best deal they could get after two military defeats (that's what 2 stands for in Minsk-2).

The only thing they understand is a foot on the throat. Hopefully, with western help, Ukraine will apply that foot.
    Or West will prove impotent and Russian energy paw will happen to be stronger.

Either way we will be living in interesting times.
    Last edited by Shalcker; 2022-06-20 at 12:39 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Is almighty West incapable of solving such problems on their own?

Well, maybe you should have listened to actual experts and run projections before acting on your emotions.
    Give us a minute to make preparations will you please?, we are coming...tick tock...

UK tipped to 'go in and kick Putin out' of Ukraine

https://www.express.co.uk/news/scien...-defence-lates

UK Army chief issues Russia rallying cry

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-61858476

British troops must prepare "to fight in Europe once again" as the war in Ukraine continues, the new head of the Army has warned

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ht-Europe.html
    https://news.sky.com/story/ukraine-w...-army-12636637
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Give us a minute to make preparations will you please?, we are coming...tick tock...

British troops must prepare "to fight in Europe once again" as the war in Ukraine continues, the new head of the Army has warned

oh SHIT, is it finally happening?
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    Yes, your wild fantasies will finally happen. Shelter prepped and stocked?
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Yes, your wild fantasies will finally happen. Shelter prepped and stocked?
    given how Russia maintained their army, I don't think their nukes will work.

On another note, I'm very disappointed in the West's reconnaissance and secret service capabilities because it's been touted to be legendary. We never knew Russia's army was incapable for all those years, assuming they were strong as fuck instead, and we still don't even know whether they have functioning nukes or not. And despite the aforementioned fame and America's infamy for foreign intervention, Putin wasn't assassinated before the Ukraine invasion. We knew he would eventually do it from at least 2013 too.

How many lives could have been saved with him dead so long ago? And not just Ukraine, but the destabilized regions he's ruined or annexed and is currently sending cannon fodder into Ukraine from.

It honestly enrages me for how much there are people chanting for his death now and doing these scary practices, there are people that say it's wrong to wish him dead, or that he can have an out (Joe Biden).
    Last edited by YUPPIE; 2022-06-20 at 02:42 PM.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah. I wish we went there to fight this and kick Russians out of Ukraine, but I doubt there is any intervention beyond some volunteers from individual countries.

But who knows. Maybe we will do so, out of our own interests. Trade, for the most part.
    Last edited by Santti; 2022-06-20 at 02:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

No, express is a newspaper that openly admits to bullshitting, what was said was be prepared if Russia escalates.

'Don't look at the shitshow of Brexit and us trying to break agreements we negotiated (just like Russia does huh?) because we're going to do something! I mean we're not going to do anything but the idiots who love Brexit will lap this shit up.'

That's what I get from that to be honest. Lets face it, the UK is not going to go in alone no matter what the new head of the army wants but will go in as part of a NATO force if it comes to that and I don't know if you've noticed but that's something that pretty much everyone is trying to avoid....

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    beyond some volunteers from individual countries.
    you know they're executing captive American and British volunteers from that war? They still have them captive too.

Why don't we fight over that?

10+ Year Old Account
    you know they're executing captive American and British volunteers from that war? They still have them captive too.

Why don't we fight over that?
    I doubt that's ever going to be a reason. They volunteered, despite our countries telling them not to go.
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

I doubt that's ever going to be a reason. They volunteered, despite our countries telling them not to go.
    but they're making a big show of it, like they're goading us into doing something. And we're not? That's kowtowing.

Oh dear god, yuppie and dribbles are joining up for their "expert" view on what's going to happen in the Ukraine war. I know right and wrong are supposedly binary, but it's quite possible this could be the most wrong ever seen in this forum.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

10+ Year Old Account
    but they're making a big show of it, like they're goading us into doing something. And we're not? That's kowtowing.
    It's not like they are doing nothing about it. I'm sure they are trying to free them, diplomatically. Which is probably not going to be very effective, I admit.

Other countries directly intervening on behalf of Ukraine is the last thing Russia wants. They are struggling as it is.

7+ Year Old Account
    No one is talking about a nuclear exchange with Russia or a war for that matter.

But yes a British special military operation, perhaps in coalition with other nations of the willing, to surgically remove Russia from Ukraine is the most likely outcome and would be quite easy. What else is the end game?

Those headlines I posted from across the UK media spectrum would not have been seen just a month ago. It is telling, to prepare the UK public, that they are being broadcast/printed on an almost daily basis now.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Those headlines I posted from across the UK media spectrum would not have been seen just a month ago.
    That would be due to the fact that the guy who is making these statements only attained his position last week.
    As far as Nicholas Drummond's article (your first link) is concerned he closes out the article with “The answer to solving the problem lies with China.”

But yes a British special military operation, perhaps in coalition with other nations of the willing, to surgically remove Russia from Ukraine is the most likely outcome and would be quite easy. What else is the end game?
    yeah, that'd be awesome and all, but remember: if you surgically remove Russia like that from Ukraine, and with ease no less, Putin may launch WMDs just because he's losing. They should technically direct their attention to assassinating Putin instead. Which may be easier said than done because who knows where the bastard is hiding or what measures he's taking. And even then, who knows where the reins to the evil Russian empire will go to after? He's just a cog in the machine and someone just as evil or worse is going to take his place.

It's a tough no-win scenario in both. And even if Ukraine hypothetically wins on their own without foreign intervention, the fear of how Putin may react is always there.
    Last edited by YUPPIE; 2022-06-20 at 03:13 PM.

No one is talking about a nuclear exchange with Russia or a war for that matter.

Those headlines I posted from across the UK media spectrum would not have been seen just a month ago. It is telling, to prepare the UK public, that they are being broadcast/printed on an almost daily basis now.
    And that shit would pull russians anger towards the west, giving them a justified casus belli to attack Europe and the west.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    And that shit would pull russians anger towards the west, giving them a justified casus belli to attack Europe and the west.
    Are you serious? Russia can't deal with Ukraine, and you think they might attack EU/NATO?

Are you serious? Russia can't deal with Ukraine, and you think they might attack EU/NATO?
    it's NOT a matter of thinking they can win, it's their little MAD/taking you with me card.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh shit this must be the weirdest couple this site ever had. YUPPIE and dribbles.