1. #20941
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    When you interfere with Russia accessing other parts of Russia, you are messing with their territorial integrity, which is what often starts wars between countries.

    Did Russia make Lithuania go down this road? No.

    Lithuania backing down would de-fuse this whole situation, but you seem only interested in escalating. Do you like problems, or something?
    Lithuania has no obligation to accommodate Russia accessing another part of Russia through Lithuanian sovereign territory. This is the bit Russlamists can't seem to grasp, nobody is under the obligation to accommodate Russia outside Russia.

    This is the problem with exclaves. They tend to be easily isolated when you piss off everyone whose territories you need to cross to access your exclave.

  2. #20942
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Again, Russia's strategy seems to be, "See how much harm we can cause you and global economies if you refuse to be our friend?"
    What is EU strategy? "See how much harm we can cause to Russia, even if it will bankrupt ourselves and undermine our own security"?

    There doesn't seem to be any "strategy", it's just pure reactions on both sides.

    Result is going to be net positive for the world no matter how this ends though.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    The video is not only about those .
    This forum doesn't have option to search for video content.

  3. #20943
    hey so for those of you that have said the war ends when "Russia crawls into their shithole and leaves everyone alone":

    what are we going to do about the Ukrainians they've kidnapped by thousands/million and enslaved in Russia right now? The enslavement and brainwashing and cultural genocide is something that needs to be brought up more often
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

  4. #20944
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    What is EU strategy? "See how much harm we can cause to Russia, even if it will bankrupt ourselves and undermine our own security"?
    Russia invaded another country and started a war, and has been credible accused of committing multiple war crimes and massacring civilians.

    You don't get a soapbox to stand on and cry "victim!". These are the consequences of your government's actions.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    There doesn't seem to be any "strategy", it's just pure reactions on both sides.
    Russia was "reacting" when they decided to start a "3 day special operation" that's in its fourth(?) month?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Result is going to be net positive for the world no matter how this ends though.
    Realistically, probably. Even if Russia is successful in taking Ukraine, the rest of the world will spend the next decade+ pivoting away from and isolating Russia until they're sanctioned back to the stone age. Which I have no problems with based on their current behavior.

  5. #20945
    Titan Yunru's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    The Continent of Orsterra
    Posts
    12,365
    Ok this is comedy:


    That girlfriend probaly got like 1000x deathtreats after the original video was posted.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

  6. #20946
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    There doesn't seem to be any mentions of CAESAR in any of your other posts.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Threat of it isn't, and given that Lithuania made first move it isn't obvious it can be seen as one-sided aggression to trigger Article 5.

    ...lots of other things could also suddenly happen by chance.
    Lithuania is not blocking international waters, but access to their land, there's a major difference.

    And yes NATO would remove any blockade done by Russia on a NATO country, no need to entertain such a stupid idea.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    There doesn't seem to be any mentions of CAESAR in any of your other posts.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Threat of it isn't, and given that Lithuania made first move it isn't obvious it can be seen as one-sided aggression to trigger Article 5.

    ...lots of other things could also suddenly happen by chance.
    lol gotta love that Russian childish "It wasnt me ". No one will believe your stupid lies and hold you accountable. Russia has zero credibility, so them claiming innocence is useless.

  7. #20947
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    until they're sanctioned back to the stone age.
    see, this talk right here is why I mention nukes a lot. You can't sanction a nuclear power to the stone age if that means the kind of societal collapse where people are building mud huts and food is non-existent. They will use nuclear weapons, in that case, to coerce people into giving them resources back.

    And overall, that's why it's hard to say how Russia can be defeated at all.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

  8. #20948
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    see, this talk right here is why I mention nukes a lot. You can't sanction a nuclear power to the stone age if that means the kind of societal collapse where people are building mud huts and food is non-existent. They will use nuclear weapons, in that case, to coerce people into giving them resources back.

    And overall, that's why it's hard to say how Russia can be defeated at all.
    Yes nuking to peace lol, MAD is still in place, how old are you, 14?

  9. #20949
    and I feel like that nuclear arsenal is why Putin remains so insufferably smug and indifferent to his losses. In his mind, he probably does genuinely think he can lose a million (currently 100,000+) soldiers and be fine because he has that card. That he can never be pushed into a corner.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

  10. #20950
    "Putin has nukes so we can't get him into a corner"
    "putting sanctions on Russia WILL absolutely back Putin into a corner"

    and you wonder why everyone rolls their eyes at your presence in this thread.

  11. #20951
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    and I feel like that nuclear arsenal is why Putin remains so insufferably smug and indifferent to his losses. In his mind, he probably does genuinely think he can lose a million (currently 100,000+) soldiers and be fine because he has that card. That he can never be pushed into a corner.
    source for the 100.000+ soldiers lost?

    You need to get it through your head, that the minute Putin starts lobbing nukes, is the minute he'll be at the receiving end aswell. He gains nothing by throwing nukes at NATO members, it's the exact opposite, it's a situation where both sides loose, now re-read that 200 times, and you might somewhat begin to understand why a nuclear situation wont happen.

  12. #20952
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    source for the 100.000+ soldiers lost?

    You need to get it through your head, that the minute Putin starts lobbing nukes, is the minute he'll be at the receiving end aswell. He gains nothing by throwing nukes at NATO members, it's the exact opposite, it's a situation where both sides loose, now re-read that 200 times, and you might somewhat begin to understand why a nuclear situation wont happen.
    But see, I mean that nuke lobbing would happen if he is backed into a corner and has nothing left to lose like the other poster illustrated with Stone Age sanctions. It’s why Joe Biden keeps saying he’s worried and wants Putin to have an out despite everything.

    BUT if he’s NOT pushed into a corner, then there’s no way to defeat him.

    So see what I’m getting at? It’s a lose lose scenario.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

  13. #20953
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    What is EU strategy? "See how much harm we can cause to Russia, even if it will bankrupt ourselves and undermine our own security"?

    There doesn't seem to be any "strategy", it's just pure reactions on both sides.

    Result is going to be net positive for the world no matter how this ends though.

    - - - Updated - - -

    This forum doesn't have option to search for video content.
    Every Russian soldier killed is a direct increase to our security. Shipping EU arms to Ukraine has more for European security then everything else in the last few decades.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

  14. #20954
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    But see, I mean that nuke lobbing would happen if he is backed into a corner and has nothing left to lose like the other poster illustrated with Stone Age sanctions. It’s why Joe Biden keeps saying he’s worried and wants Putin to have an out despite everything.

    BUT if he’s NOT pushed into a corner, then there’s no way to defeat him.

    So see what I’m getting at? It’s a lose lose scenario.
    They do not literally mean the stone age, and nuclear armageddon is still far worse.

    And the source for the 100.000+ dead?

  15. #20955
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Russia invaded another country and started a war, and has been credible accused of committing multiple war crimes and massacring civilians.
    The question was "what is EU strategy", not "what Russia did".

    There are none as far as i see.

    No gas replacement contracts in sight - it's "memorandums" like with Israel ("we'll think about it"), or "sign up for 20 years, then come in 2027 when capacity gets higher" like with Qatar; all-spot and various supply crunches like Freeport already sees European gas at 1400$

    Realistically, probably. Even if Russia is successful in taking Ukraine, the rest of the world will spend the next decade+ pivoting away from and isolating Russia until they're sanctioned back to the stone age. Which I have no problems with based on their current behavior.
    Pivoting away from West (as it proven investments there can be frozen with no warning) and diversifying their investments elsewhere too (like Saudis).

    World will not forget West have chosen "punish Russia" over "feed the world" too.
    Last edited by Shalcker; 2022-06-21 at 08:29 PM.

  16. #20956
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    Blockade what? there ports? isnt that an act of war in itself?
    Yes, Encyclopedia Brittanica defines it: "blockade, an act of war whereby one party blocks entry to or departure from a defined part of an enemy’s territory, most often its coasts" Denying use of your own territory isn't blockade.

    And I find it amazing that our what-about-ism focused Russian-supporters missed the fact that early in the cold war a western enclave was denied use of roads and rail-roads to supply it.

    What did the west do? Surrender? Start a war?

    No, they made an air-bridge to west-Berlin; including flying in coal for heating - at the end it was 12,000 tons of transport per day. However, west-Berlin just had a population of a bit over 2 million, whereas the Kaliningrad Oblast (checks sources) has about 1 million (ooops).
    Last edited by Forogil; 2022-06-21 at 08:33 PM.

  17. #20957
    Scarab Lord Zaydin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    FL, USA
    Posts
    4,603
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    When you interfere with Russia accessing other parts of Russia, you are messing with their territorial integrity, which is what often starts wars between countries.

    Did Russia make Lithuania go down this road? No.

    Lithuania backing down would de-fuse this whole situation, but you seem only interested in escalating. Do you like problems, or something?
    And Russia could end the sanctions against it by pulling its troops out of Ukraine, including Crimea and the terrorist states they have been propping up in Donetsk and Luhansk for eight years now and paying trillions in reparations to Ukraine.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

  18. #20958
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Lithuania is not blocking international waters, but access to their land, there's a major difference.
    Rail transport to Kaliningrad is subject to international agreement too - which is broken by Lithuanian actions.

    There is no difference. Lithuania will still have truck and rail transport too, so clearly they aren't going to be considered blockaded just like Kaliningrad!

    And hey, some transports might even be allowed through after inspection!
    Last edited by Shalcker; 2022-06-21 at 08:35 PM.

  19. #20959
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    World will not forget West have chosen "punish Russia" over "feed the world" too.
    I mean, Russia could end the war in Ukraine at literally any time, broskito. They could just say, "sorry, we dun goofed." and while that wouldn't reset everything, it could allow for more trade to help feed developing countries.

    But of course, Russia has no responsibility in any of this and it's all the fault of "the west".

    "The west" is Russia's Newman.

  20. #20960
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I mean, Russia could end the war in Ukraine at literally any time, broskito. They could just say, "sorry, we dun goofed." and while that wouldn't reset everything, it could allow for more trade to help feed developing countries.
    And so does West. Just stop supporting the war and it'll end soon enough.

    But of course, Russia has no responsibility in any of this and it's all the fault of "the west".
    Both sides have responsibility; Russia is acting on it, West feeds the flames.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •