10+ Year Old Account
    How dare those Ukranians dare to invade a sovereign country? The west made them do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Coal is a short term fix for a faster transition.
    Coal which Europe buys now from Russia too ahead of upcoming ban.

And that "faster transition" will take many years; likely several decades.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Someone kamikazed a drone into a Russian oil refinery in Rostov, about 100 miles from the border, setting it on fire.

while deniability can be in effect, didn't Russia say they would immediately use nukes if any attacks went into Russia itself?
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    while deniability can be in effect, didn't Russia say they would immediately use nukes if any attacks went into Russia itself?
    I can almost guarantee they did not, regardless of what wild implications you drew from their threatening, yet purposely vague, saber rattling.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    And this is why sanctions won't work:

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/06/22/a...mic/index.html
    So we should just sit back while Russia rolls over eastern Europe?

In the end, the West should just drop Russia as a partner, sanctions are a part of that.

- - - Updated - - -

Can we talk about the latest in war crimes than economics or "what could have been" for a change? 40 minutes ago:

Russians are hunting down gay people in Ukraine and raping and castrating them(?)

War crimes are a barbaric byproduct of conflict and combat. In an era of near incessant news coverage, the phrase has become a catch-all for heinous acts committed by soldiers and contractors in military theatres across the globe.

Officially defined by the United Nations as “violations of international humanitarian law (treaty or customary law) that incur individual criminal responsibility under international law,” during the almost four months of Russia’s full-scale invasion of Ukraine an unfathomable number of accusations have been levied against the terrorist intruders.

https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2022/06/...e-can-imagine/
    lol unreal, you on this same page had posts going "we should have"

Still waiting for why this year has almost passed, the 100.000+ killed Russian soldiers sources.

- - - Updated - - -

No they did not. You're fucking obsessed with nukes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Coal which Europe buys now from Russia too ahead of upcoming ban.

And that "faster transition" will take many years; likely several decades.
    Till August 10th, the advantage of coal is how much easier it is to transport and store.

You're loosing your prime gas customer faster and you'll loose out on the coal exports by 10th of August.

I'm sure you realise what faster means, no one is expcting fossil fuels to be a thing of the past this decade or next, Russian imports will however be.

10+ Year Old Account
    No they did not

Yeah they did. I have a citation on hand but the fact they haven’t despite multiple sky attacks from Ukraine already going into their oil depots and weapon facilities makes it seem like it’s just bluffing.

Russia explicitly said any attack on their soil would be violating their sovereignty and that they would have no choice. Zelenksy is trying to maintain plausible deniability of any internal attacks and keep it a defensive war because of nuclear retaliation.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

10+ Year Old Account
    No they did not. Even if they said something about it, it wasn't about nukes.

It was about nukes. My citation source is Dmitry Medvedev, a person important in Russian politics.

And what’s more, we need to stop denying the existence and threat of Russia’s nuclear arsenal because we and they all know that is what is holding everything together. You don’t have to be descriptive and just state that without nukes, this terrible genocide war would already be over. Ukraine would be at their doorstep. But the presence of nukes means they can never mount an offensive, which greatly hinders their chances of coming out on top.

And the presence of nukes means we can’t shoot them down for violating our air space among other petty but grave grievances; they can enforce a food blockade, and get away with all kinds of other evil shit like ethnic genocide. If they didn’t have nukes, do you think we would just be laying out ineffectual sanctions and call them mean words? No, we would decimate them from where they live. Don’t forget Ukraine isn’t the only nation Russia has wronged, they’ve assassinated and destabilized countless regions including America.

Just please acknowledge how much Russia being a nuclear power enables an otherwise worthless empire of depravity.
    Last edited by YUPPIE; 2022-06-22 at 09:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    And for those of you that claim America reshaping Russia and China post-WW2 would have been wrong and Imperialist:

Remember Japan and Germany used to be unspeakably evil warmongering nations of cannibals and absolutely xenophobic psychopaths destroying everything in their path like Russia now. They're cool since WW2 and produce the toys and memes you like now because we reformed them internally.

That nice reformation is basically what should have happened with the other communist threats when we had the chance, if "annex" or "reform" sounded too ominous

We could have had world peace short of the Middle East. Now we have a modern Hitler committing genocide with nuclear warheads as leverage.
    Is this sarcasm, or do you really think this is what happened? Because man... if this is not sarcasm you know nothing about pre-war germany or denazification.

The drone in the video doesn't match Ukraine's main drones. If it was Ukraine though, Russian defences are inept to allow a large, slow drone that far into Russia in the middle of the day during a war to hit vital infrastructure.

It was about nukes. My citation source is Dmitry Medvedev, a person important in Russian politics.

And what’s more, we need to stop denying the existence and threat of Russia’s nuclear arsenal because we and they all know that is what is holding everything together. You don’t have to be descriptive and just state that without nukes, this terrible genocide war would already be over. Ukraine would be at their doorstep. But the presence of nukes means they can never mount an offensive, which greatly hinders their chances of coming out on top.

And the presence of nukes means we can’t shoot them down for violating our air space among other petty but grave grievances; they can enforce a food blockade, and get away with all kinds of other evil shit like ethnic genocide. If they didn’t have nukes, do you think we would just be laying out ineffectual sanctions and call them mean words? No, we would decimate them from where they live. Don’t forget Ukraine isn’t the only nation Russia has wronged, they’ve assassinated and destabilized countless regions including America.

Just please acknowledge how much Russia being a nuclear power enables an otherwise worthless empire of depravity.
    Source or you’re full of shit (again)

7+ Year Old Account
    Tell us Yuppie, how does your family and friends react to your paranoia? Are you invited often to gatherings and parties?
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Reality is that Yuppie probably is too young, to realise that it’s a waste of time to worry about shit you cant influence or control.

7+ Year Old Account
    Reality is that Yuppie probably is too young, to realise that it’s a waste of time to worry about shit you cant influence or control.
    From what I gathered I think he thinks that he is on a mission of convincing others about dem n00kz. Threat is super real in his confused head, so he desperately tries and tries again.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-06-22 at 10:20 AM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

So we should just sit back while Russia rolls over eastern Europe?

In the end, the West should just drop Russia as a partner, sanctions are a part of that.
    No, we could send shitons more weapons. Sanctions are just a retarded plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    No, we could send shitons more weapons. Sanctions are just a retarded plan.
    Is that why your billionaires are fleeing Russia and that your economy is in worse shape than 90% of the rest of the world?

10+ Year Old Account
    That's Ukrainian "translation", not Russian admission; actual Interfax article they link to says 1.9 million were evacuated from Ukraine to Russia, including 307 thousand kids.

Given how many people try to escape war and have relatives and friends in Russia (including Crimea), this number isn't surprising.
    Forced deportations of children isn't "evacuations", it is genocide by the textbook definition.

The central point there is rather that Russia admitted to that they did take those people to Russia that Ukraine accuses them of having done.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    No they did not. Even if they said something about it, it wasn't about nukes.
    https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/...nce-threatened

I said "seeing", i said nothing about "supporting".

You see plenty of examples of people here perfectly willing to endure hardships to benefit of their country/ideology - and yet you're incredulous at Russians daring to do the same.
    What? That makes no sense and is once again another attempt at obfuscation.

People are willing to endure hardships because they do not have a choice thanks to Russia's actions and they see that whatever hardship they face it is nothing compared to misery and suffering your country has wrought upon Ukraine.

Aw, poor, poor Russia they just can't catch a break, can they? Can't a country go and commit genocide and war crimes on an industrial scale without people getting all uppity?!?

Are you for real? No-one is doing the same as Russia. The fact that you are again cheerleading the actions of your country and boasting that you are willing to enjoy hardships in order for them to continue to slaughter, rape and/or kidnap innocent Ukrainians is absolutely vile.