10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    [MENTION=587627]
    There's no realistic way for Ukraine to evict Russia in any time frame, period.
    Everyone expected Russia to steam roll Ukraine in a matter of days or weeks. We are about four months and some change into the war.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    Everyone expected Russia to steam roll Ukraine in a matter of days or weeks. We are about four months and some change into the war.
    That doesn't mean Ukraine will be in a position to retake either the South or East. Ukraine has just lost Luhansk, if they lose Donetsk then you can expect wide swaths of the east of the Dnieper to fall under Russia's control.
    Last edited by CostinR; 2022-07-04 at 07:38 AM.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    @Mihalik- Ukraine will never accept a peace deal that doesn't see a significant return of territory.
    And why would they? You say you're from Romania, if ruSSia invades you which part would you give up... Banat or what? And make no mistake, if ruSSia doesn't get kicked out it will not be the last country they invade.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    That was back when they were using their modern missiles. Now they are using Soviet era antiship missiles to strike ground targets, which as the MoD pointed out in one of their updates, is causing a lot of civilian deaths from poor accuracy.
    I bet dead civilians are just a bonus for the orks.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    oh look the russian shill appeared. Also hows your economy doing? last time I heard it was shit.
    Are u enjoying ur 4th of july bbq with everything on the grill more expensive? gas prices more expensive? Enjoying your inflation? Are you sure u are not sanctioning yourself?

Russia's currency is strongest it has been in 7 years, last I looked recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    How much did the war in Aghanistan cost US taxpayers? Seems Russia decided to budget this war in ukraine, like they expect to win but as cheaply as possible, as little as possible n apparently their soldiers lives are still viewed cheaply, soviet mind-set they haven't gotten rid of, which I disapprove of..

Fighting with ca 200,000 men, well less than ukraine, means they weren't in too much of a hurry, they did try a stupid shock campaign with few troops to kiev then shrugged when that didn't work. I'd not want to be a soldier in the Russian army, their mindset is basically

They could have fought with several times more men, the ukr forces would have been encircled a lot faster n contained, the front-line would have become too big n the war would have been over a lot faster. But that proper preparation, which would have been moi choice, would have been soooo more expensive to do.

I have to conclude that ukraine is nothing but a daily quest hub to Russia..

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Are u enjoying ur 4th of july bbq with everything on the grill more expensive? gas prices more expensive? Enjoying your inflation? Are you sure u are not sanctioning yourself?

Strong is such an arbitrary term for a currency. If it is a good thing that the ruble's price is high then why is your central bank trying to manipulate the price to go down?

And I guess slaughtering civilians in Ukraine is doing dailies for orcs.

How much did the war in Aghanistan cost US taxpayers? Seems Russia decided to budget this war in ukraine, like they expect to win but as cheaply as possible, as little as possible n apparently their soldiers lives are still viewed cheaply, soviet mind-set they haven't gotten rid of, which I disapprove of..

Fighting with ca 200,000 men, well less than ukraine, means they weren't in too much of a hurry, they did try a stupid shock campaign with few troops to kiev then shrugged when that didn't work. I'd not want to be a soldier in the Russian army, their mindset is basically

They could have fought with several times more men, the ukr forces would have been encircled a lot faster n contained, the front-line would have become too big n the war would have been over a lot faster. But that proper preparation, which would have been moi choice, would have been soooo more expensive to do.

I have to conclude that ukraine is nothing but a daily quest hub to Russia..
    It took Russia 8-9 years to conquer Chechnya with worse losses than it has taken in Ukraine and Chechnya is a hell of a lot smaller than Ukraine.

You put a lot of faith in a military that was running out of troop transports so was transporting soldiers and equipment in dump trucks to the front.

5+ Year Old Account
    Dude u shouldn't ur war info from tabloids n propaganda.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Strong is such an arbitrary term for a currency. If it is a good thing that the ruble's price is high then why is your central bank trying to manipulate the price to go down?

And I guess slaughtering civilians in Ukraine is doing dailies for orcs.
    Now u are complaining about the strength of the currency I think the economy is fine, u should worry about yours?

Slaughtering civilians, au contraire, has been a daily quest for ukrainian orcs, how else do u think 15.000 people died in the Donbass the last 8 years?

Ah, yes, ur selective concern isn't crocodile tears at all?..

You shouldn't run your war from Avengers movies either. I'm surprised those are even allowed in Mother Russia.
    “There you stand, the good man doing nothing. And while evil triumphs, and your rigid pacifism crumbles to blood stained dust, the only victory afforded to you is that you stuck true to your guns.”

- - - Updated - - -

Now u are complaining about the strength of the currency I think the economy is fine, u should worry about yours?

Slaughtering civilians, au contraire, has been a daily quest for ukrainian orcs, how else do u think 15.000 people died in the Donbass the last 8 years?

The pictures were posted all over the webs a while back. Russia is having trouble prosecuting a war less than 100 miles from its border in a region that is decidedly pro-Russian and against an opponent that barring western weaponry is much weaker than it.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess it is the Ukrainian that kills that 20k civilians in Mariupol ?

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Or mass murder civilians in Bucha, or bombs theaters with civilians in it, and hospitals and apartment buildings etc.

The list goes on.

Let’s see if he replies or disappears to go get his talking points again.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcellus1986 View Post
    Or mass murder civilians in Bucha, or bombs theaters with civilians in it, and hospitals and apartment buildings etc.

The list goes on.

Let’s see if he replies or disappears to go get his talking points again.
    Honestly, I did not have the motivation to list everything. But I would like to have his talking point about the commercial center bombing.

Don't bother arguing, just report any posts you think that are breaking the forum rules (and thread rules specifically regarding whataboutism that was forbidden a while ago by a mod).

5+ Year Old Account
    Guys, guys, do u even realize how u look when u post such nonsense? Besides pulling numbrrs from who knows where. You are basically accusing one guy trying to defeat his opponent by...cutting his own throat..
    Mariupol is in the Donbass region, it is populated by ethnic Russians, u are basically saying the donbass militia tried to kill their own families, relatives, friends, brethren the past 8 years n now that they are helping Russian army to do it. And also that Russian army wants to defeat Ukraine by...targeting areas populated by ethnic Russians...

I made a point before about western media (not related to Ukr conflict) n that westerners instead of being citizens have become consumers. So, when ukrainian orcs commit warcrimes the past 8 years, ignore it since that isn't part of the western good-guy self-image. Narcissism is a helluva drug...

Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    Don't bother arguing, just report any posts you think that are breaking the forum rules (and thread rules specifically regarding whataboutism that was forbidden a while ago by a mod).
    Oh way ahead of you. Good enough to get these Russian apologists out of here.

Guys, guys, do u even realize how u look when u post such nonsense? Besides pulling numbrrs from who knows where. You are basically accusing one guy trying to defeat his opponent by...cutting his own throat..
    Mariupol is in the Donbass region, it is populated by ethnic Russians, u are basically saying the donbass militia tried to kill their own families, relatives, friends, brethren the past 8 years n now that they are helping Russian army to do it. And also that Russian army wants to defeat Ukraine by...targeting areas populated by ethnic Russians...

If only Croats n Serbs had realized the road to victory was to instead target their own ethnic kin..
    Croats: "damn, the Serbs are attacking our coastal Croatian town of Vukovar, surely we'll defeat the Serbian army by targeting the Croatian civilians there? Brilliant plan!"

I made a point before about western media (not related to Ukr conflict) n that westerners instead of being citizens have become consumers. So, when ukrainian orcs commit warcrimes the past 8 years, ignore it since that isn't part of the western good-guy self-image. Narcissism is a helluva drug...
    The 20k dead were announced by separatists. It is just Russia does not care about "ethnic russian" in Dombass. They just used their standard RoE: bomb everything to dust (because we have inept soldiers).

Another Russian ammo dump goes up in smoke. An awful lot of cigarettes have been dropped in them of late.

Ukrainian flag raised over Snake Island again. The Russians ran away so fast they left millions of dollars of gear behind - radar systems, pantsir air defence, Tornado MRLS and more. They'd only just moved it there as well, so hasty was their running away.

The Gerkin is still not happy with the way the Russians are going - basically all the Ukrainian defenders got away and fell back to new defensive positions to join up with fresh Ukrainian troops. Its rather gloomy for the Russians from his perspective. And given he was the FSB officer that started the whole separatist thing, he knows a lot more than random forum commentators.

5+ Year Old Account
    The 20k dead were announced by separatists. It is just Russia does not care about "ethnic russian" in Dombass. They just used their standard RoE: bomb everything to dust (because we have inept soldiers).
    Uh-huh, I don't care who anounces, accurate numbers in the middle of a war are not possible, that takes time n research. Regardless, many died n Ukraine is to blame.

Uh-huh, I don't care who anounces, accurate numbers in the middle of a war are not possible, that takes time n research. Regardless, many died n Ukraine is to blame.
    Yeah, we do agree. All deaths in this conflict are Russia to blame for. On that, we do agree.