Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    An entire new generation learning that you should never trust anything that Russia says or does.

I'm so happy.
    As an old Finnish idiom goes: "A Ruskie is a Ruskie even if you fried them in butter."

Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-matters-today

Russia even tried to avoid this war multiple times by getting NATO and the US to sign legal assurances in 2021
    It's never Russia's fault, is it? Whether it's poisoning people, cheating at sport or committing genocide there is always someone else to blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    As an old Finnish idiom goes: "A Ruskie is a Ruskie even if you fried them in butter."
    I know. Though I like our way of saying ryssä a lot more. The English word for it doesn't capture the contempt as well.

Russia even tried to avoid this war multiple times by getting NATO and the US to sign legal assurances in 2021
    You know no one believes you, right? That's because we know what happened in the past and we don't ignore reality. Russia absolutely started this war, if they want to avoid it they can stop, pull out all of their troops, return the land that was annexed, rebuild Ukraine, and execute Putin.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

I think you've misunderstood. Ofc this war is despicable and ofc Russia should withdraw troops and give back the land it has captured.

I am just pointing out, that this war we knew it would happen many many many years ago, and not only we didn't do anything to stop it, but rather we kinda helped it to take place.

I think you've misunderstood. Ofc this war is despicable and ofc Russia should withdraw troops and give back the land it has captured.

I am just pointing out, that this war we knew it would happen many many many years ago, and not only we didn't do anything to stop it, but rather we kinda helped it to take place.
    Indeed. We should have kicked russia to the curb way way sooner.

Your article is talking about the 90s.

Were these promises ever written down in a treaty?
    No, largely because Bush felt Baker and Kohl had gone too far, or in Baker’s words he had “got a little forward on his skis”.

The final agreement signed by Russia and the west in September 1990 applied only to Germany. It allowed foreign-stationed Nato troops to cross the old cold war line marked by East Germany at the discretion of the German government. The agreement was contained in a signed addendum. Nato’s commitment to protect, enshrined in article 5, had for the first time moved east into former Russian-held territory.
    That is from the article. Now, if you referring to legal assurances is about NATO promising not to expand (in 2021?)...It is no argument to begin with - NATO still remains a defensive alliance where members independently wish to join the organization to shield them from Russia's aggression.

As we could see already back in the Crimean invasion, it is clearly needed. No amount of NATO/West blaming can hide the facts here - Russia started this all, they will always solely be responsible.

Oh and also, any agreement with Russia is worthless because Russia NEVER keeps their word. Blaming boogieman West or Ukraine is utterly pointless.
    Last edited by Saradain; 2022-07-05 at 10:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    Now, if you referring to legal assurances is about NATO promising not to expand (in 2021?)...It is no argument to begin with - NATO still remains a defensive alliance where members independently wish to join the organization to shield them from Russia's aggression.
    "Your 'defensive alliance' is a slap in the face to our offensive country!"

...or something...

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post

...or something...
    It really DOES suck in strategy games like Stellaris or Civilization series when I want that small rich piece of land but they have big friends with defensive pacts. Only difference is, when I hit doomsday weapon buttons, no actual people die...

It tells a lot when I, a random poster here on WoW-based forum, am equally capable leader as Vladimir "Putler" Putin.

I can almost feel Vlad's pain as a gamer who wants all the loot and riches but in real life it's not just that simple, can always start a new game if all the sanctions ruin your economy and send your shithole dictatorship to stone age. But alas, real life doesn't work like that...
    Last edited by Saradain; 2022-07-05 at 10:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post

...or something...
    Please allow me to complete the "...or something..." part:

Our 'defensive alliance' was bombing Yugoslavia for 77 days, w/t any UNSC or UN approval or what so ever
    Our 'defensive alliance' is compromised by countries that have bombed the sh*t out of middle east, Asia and Africa
    Our 'defensive alliance' when asked by Russia to sign a paper that guarantees that in the Mark-41 VLS in Romania, no Tomahawks (which are nuclear capapble) will ever be installed, never agreed to.

So yeah...

Our 'defensive alliance' was bombing Yugoslavia for 77 days, w/t any UNSC or UN approval or what so ever
    Our 'defensive alliance' is compromised by countries that have bombed the sh*t out of middle east, Asia and Africa
    Our 'defensive alliance' when asked by Russia to sign a paper that guarantees that in the Mark-41 VLS in Romania, no Tomahawks (which are nuclear capapble) will ever be installed, never agreed to.

So yeah...
    Nice whataboutisms Russian shill.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcellus1986 View Post
    Nice whataboutisms Russian shill.
    Not sure how to answer when someone lays down historical facts so I type whataboutism, russia, shill and life is good.

cool

So yeah...
    Our defensive alliance has sat back whilst you... sorry Russia... has poisoned people with radioactive material and nerve agents. We also sat back whilst you annexed part of a sovereign nation. Helped shootdown an airliner. Carried genocide in Syria and now Ukraine.

So yeah...

So yeah...
    Why should anyone make concessions to russia, when the only question we should ask ourselves, when russia gets uppity and flexes their shrivelled military penis outside their borders, is that are we going to bomb Moscow too, or just their expeditionary forces?

Not sure how to answer when someone lays down historical facts so I type whataboutism, russia, shill and life is good.

cool
    You bringing up Kosovo, Libya or whatever else you are regurgitating is irrelevant to the thread and is just whataboutisms to deflect blame away from Russia, like you always do. Trying to make yourself appear neutral in every thread when anyone who has interacted with you over any period of time knows you throw out as much propaganda as Shalcker.

cool
    "But they lynch blacks!"

As it has been stated in numerous mod warnings, including one edited into the opening post, the topic of this thread is the Russian invasion of Ukraine. Must be surprising for a thread titled Russian invasion of Ukraine. Crazy, huh?

Whataboutism is still an effort to derail the thread. Cease and desist.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    As it has been stated in numerous mod warnings, including one edited into the opening post, the topic of this thread is the Russian invasion of Ukraine. Must be surprising for a thread titled Russian invasion of Ukraine. Crazy, huh?

Whataboutism is still an effort to derail the thread. Cease and desist.
    I'd say that countering people who try to claim the moral high ground is not whataboutism. Personally I'd rather have pragmatism.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I'd say that countering people who try to claim the moral high ground is not whataboutism. Personally I'd rather have pragmatism.
    Nothing Ulmita or any of these other Russian posters post is pragmatic at all. Most people who regularly posted in the old threads know how they operate.

10+ Year Old Account
    russia's emptying the bases around Finland

So it seems Finland is so much not a threat that russia can just leave the border defense with less men...

Early on we had already heard that several units had gone to fight in Ukraine but now it appears that also the last base is sending troops.
    Last edited by Iphie; 2022-07-05 at 08:04 PM. Reason: Double post