1. #21741
    Herald of the Titans Iphie's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Suomi/Nederland
    Posts
    2,963
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    The guard held, the planet broke. I've been comparing the Ukraine soldiers to Cadians.
    But Spess Morons is a step too far.
    Myeah, agreed, but the russians are more like the Valhallans. Any case it was more an idea like, in the stories of the russians the Ukrainians are growing until they're these hulking beasts that just won't die, like space marines. (I'd get worried when they start talking about these walking coffins with miniguns.... XD)

  2. #21742
    Banned Strawberry's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Sweden/Yugoslavia
    Posts
    3,752
    Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    Russophobia, lol.

    More like fuck Russia and everything it stands for. And I agree, being a citizen of a hostile, foreign state is a big no-no. Choose your side, or go home.
    I'm not even sure where to begin, but yeah, good thing people like you can't do more than post trash on internet.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/russia...ecret-biolabss

    So...we went from, "Ukrainians are basically Russians, that's why it's taking us five months to complete a 3-day operation!"

    to

    "HOLY SHIT MUTANT URKAINIANS ARE KILLING US"
    Posting conspiracy theories is not allowed on this forum.

  3. #21743
    Immortal Poopymonster's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Neverland Ranch Survivor
    Posts
    7,104
    Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    Myeah, agreed, but the russians are more like the Valhallans. Any case it was more an idea like, in the stories of the russians the Ukrainians are growing until they're these hulking beasts that just won't die, like space marines. (I'd get worried when they start talking about these walking coffins with miniguns.... XD)
    Great, the Russians aren't just claiming the Ukrainians are space marines, they're claiming they are traitor astartes...
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok


    If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

  4. #21744
    The Unstoppable Force Belize's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Gen-OT College of Shitposting
    Posts
    21,931
    Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    I...I...Ok, this is when we say russia has collectively jumped the shark, right? I mean Mutant Soldiers...what's next? Space Marines?
    If Ukraine does multiple, simultaneous and devastating defensive deep strikes on Russian positions with Space Marine battle brothers, I'm wire transferring them my life's savings, they deserve it more than me.

  5. #21745
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    I'm not even sure where to begin, but yeah, good thing people like you can't do more than post trash on internet.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Posting conspiracy theories is not allowed on this forum.
    oh wow, you have not read the article? it says some cray cray russian claims ukranians got mutant biosuper soldiers. But fuck man your whataboutism makes me cry.

  6. #21746
    I'd seen the mutant soldiers claim and first thought was it must have been an Onion article or other hoax. Nope, turns out the Russian politicians really are on krokodil.

    And now they are proposing using North Korean slave labour to rebuild the Donbas. Just another tick on the Nazi checklist.

  7. #21747
    The Unstoppable Force Belize's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Gen-OT College of Shitposting
    Posts
    21,931
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    I'd seen the mutant soldiers claim and first thought was it must have been an Onion article or other hoax. Nope, turns out the Russian politicians really are on krokodil.

    And now they are proposing using North Korean slave labour to rebuild the Donbas. Just another tick on the Nazi checklist.
    Damn, did they run out of Russians already? The war must be decimating their male population harder than thought

  8. #21748
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Damn, did they run out of Russians already? The war must be decimating their male population harder than thought
    All the able-bodied men have been sent to the front at this point. All the non-able bodied men have also been sent to the front. Russian women are doing their job in creating more soldiers for the Russian military.

    So they've got nobody left, short of child labor. And they can't risk the health of those children, as they'll soon be child-soldiers when Russia runs out of adults and "adults" to send to the front.

  9. #21749
    Russia appears to have shot down another of their jets - an SU-35. Thats 2 in two days now. This one was over Kherson.

    Speaking of Kherson, Ukraine struck one of the two bridges that cross the Dnipro. Russians claims are Ukraine fired 6 HIMARs at it, they shot down 5 - and 4 hit the bridge. Russian no good at maths. But it looks like artillery hit it, not HIMARs. Which means Ukraine really are closing in.

    It takes a lot to take down a bridge though. If they can take down the bridges, then the Russians on the other side are stuffed. It could be trying to get the Russians to withdraw from Kherson before they get cut off.

  10. #21750
    Over 9000! Santti's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    9,114
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/russia...ecret-biolabss

    So...we went from, "Ukrainians are basically Russians, that's why it's taking us five months to complete a 3-day operation!"

    to

    "HOLY SHIT MUTANT URKAINIANS ARE KILLING US"
    Well, how else would you explain this situation?
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

  11. #21751
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    So they've got nobody left, short of child labor. And they can't risk the health of those children, as they'll soon be child-soldiers when Russia runs out of adults and "adults" to send to the front.
    Child-soldiers you say. Have some hitlerjugend flashbacks.

  12. #21752
    Over 9000! zealo's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    9,513
    Quote Originally Posted by Vladier View Post
    A person shall not be arbitrarily deprived of a nationality. Such an ultimatum would, I am pretty sure, be illegal.
    Countries deny people the right to hold dual citizenships all the time.

    That's not illegal or unusual, making them entirely stateless is what would be sketchy, which is not what was suggested in the post you responded to.

  13. #21753
    Herald of the Titans Iphie's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Suomi/Nederland
    Posts
    2,963
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Russia appears to have shot down another of their jets - an SU-35. Thats 2 in two days now. This one was over Kherson.

    Speaking of Kherson, Ukraine struck one of the two bridges that cross the Dnipro. Russians claims are Ukraine fired 6 HIMARs at it, they shot down 5 - and 4 hit the bridge. Russian no good at maths. But it looks like artillery hit it, not HIMARs. Which means Ukraine really are closing in.

    It takes a lot to take down a bridge though. If they can take down the bridges, then the Russians on the other side are stuffed. It could be trying to get the Russians to withdraw from Kherson before they get cut off.
    When I saw that the bridge had been hit my first thought was: "They're trying to cut of the russians in Kherson.", but trying to get them to leave so they don't get cut off is probably just as good. At this point it is very clear what going to happen soon and any russian caught there will have problems.

  14. #21754
    More from the Kherson region - and Ukraine has bagged a major target. A Podlet-K1 mobile radar station, plus its command vehicle and generator. This is Russia's most advanced and newest radar station, with only a handful made and costing many, many millions of dollars. They claim they can detect stealth aircraft with it but it seems to have failed to spot the incoming missile that took it out - most likely a HIMARs given the range. It works as the eyes of S-300 and S-400 units so knocking it out kind of blinds them. Plus it handles IFF for Russian planes. Which may explain the Su-35 shot down after this was taken out.

    Russia's full claim is that it is is an automated 3D low-altitude radar designed to be fitted in automated and manual control systems of the Air Defense and Air Force for automatic (semi-automatic) detection, coordinates management, tracking, state attribution (identification), flight information obtaining from aerial objects and prospective low-altitude means of air attack, including stealth ones, in forested and moderately rugged terrain and contested jamming and fire-intensive environment.

    - - - Updated - - -

    No a fan of Erdogan but in his meeting with Putin he made Putin stand around waiting like a naughty schoolboy for the photo-op and Putin was looking uncomfortable with the whole thing.

  15. #21755
    Merely a Setback Kaleredar's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    25,617
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    No a fan of Erdogan but in his meeting with Putin he made Putin stand around waiting like a naughty schoolboy for the photo-op and Putin was looking uncomfortable with the whole thing.
    I think this whole debacle has proved at the very least that Russia is not exactly to be "respected" on a world stage.

    They pick on countries that (they think) don't have big strong friends, and can't even do that well. Their economy is collapsing and the world knows that any "promises" they make don't mean jack shit.

    So why not mess around with Putin? What's he gonna do? The rest of the world is only going to applaud someone for doing so.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  16. #21756
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/russia...ecret-biolabss

    So...we went from, "Ukrainians are basically Russians, that's why it's taking us five months to complete a 3-day operation!"

    to

    "HOLY SHIT MUTANT URKAINIANS ARE KILLING US"
    If God is sinking all your ships in storms, Ukrainians are successfully using black magic against you, and now Ukraine is also using American made mutant super soldiers wouldn't the smartest thing to do is quit invading and stop pissing everyone off?

  17. #21757
    Banned Strawberry's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Sweden/Yugoslavia
    Posts
    3,752
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    oh wow, you have not read the article? it says some cray cray russian claims ukranians got mutant biosuper soldiers. But fuck man your whataboutism makes me cry.
    Sensationalist newspaper. "Two russian lawmakers" with no names except some random "journalist" saying it's "two russian lawmakers" is not source. It's a sensationalist conspiracy theory and this is what TDB wiki page says:
    In a 2015 interview, former editor-in-chief John Avlon described the Beast's editorial approach: "We seek out scoops, scandals, and stories about secret worlds; we love confronting bullies, bigots, and hypocrites.

    Here's some more news for you with no true source:

    The war in Ukraine is over.
    Both sides turned out victorious.
    Putin and Zelensky have become best friends now, spending time together in Crimea, drinking vodka and talking about how they are going to invade NATO countries together.

    I'm sure the morons here are going to pick it up and start discussing as if it's actually true.
    Get the fucking source or GTFO. The fear/hate here towards Russia is ridiculous, lol. You all need to get out more and get a life.

  18. #21758
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Aelia Capitolina
    Posts
    59,344
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Get the fucking source or GTFO. The fear/hate here towards Russia is ridiculous, lol. You all need to get out more and get a life.
    This is hilarious coming as it does from an anti-vaxxer.

    See the difference is that Russia is actually invading Ukraine and is actually doing war crimes, which is a perfectly reasonable basis for fear and antipathy versus refusing to take a very basic public health measure because one's afraid of needles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

  19. #21759
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    The fear/hate here towards Russia is ridiculous, lol.
    its probably because they invaded Ukraine and committed mass murder + atrocities. Glad to clear it up for you.

  20. #21760
    Banned Strawberry's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Sweden/Yugoslavia
    Posts
    3,752
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    its probably because they invaded Ukraine and committed mass murder + atrocities. Glad to clear it up for you.
    Sure, but you might want to read up on AZOV as well as what happened to russian citizens in Ukraine a few years ago.
    If you need any more history lessons let me know.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •