Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    It hasn't happened yet - it is just what they are planning on doing.

Also, BoJo has accused Putin of toxic masculinity, saying a woman would never have started the war. I mean, he isn't exactly wrong, its just kind of ironic that BoJo was the one saying it. Russia runs on toxic masculinity, which is why the far right elements in the west tend to love Putin and Russia.
    I guess he forgot about Catherine the Great.

Russia have abandoned snake Island. They claim they have finished their tasks there and this is a gesture of goodwill to show they aren't blocking Ukrainian grain exports. The reality is they were getting hammered there repeatedly for no gain.
    Even if that's the case it's still a HUGE symbolic victory for Ukraine. (Also it seems russians are very susceptible to tit-for-tat, yesterday it was made known that a compromise would be possible on Kaliningrad, so I would not be surprised if that was part of the deal.)
    Last edited by Iphie; 2022-06-30 at 10:25 AM.

Russia have abandoned snake Island. They claim they have finished their tasks there and this is a gesture of goodwill to show they aren't blocking Ukrainian grain exports. The reality is they were getting hammered there repeatedly for no gain.
    We're not retreating because we lost a dozen ships+flag ship and got everything we put on the island bombed and shelled, we're leaving cuz we want to!

Ok.

This was Snake Island the day before so it is little wonder the Russians bravely turned their tails and fled.

Man, even a soldier who was used in propaganda is shocked that they use him as a lie.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

More proof, as if we need it, on how thin skinned Putin is. At the NATO conference there was some mild mocking of Putin's shirtless posing, and BoJo (of course it was BoJo) suggested maybe they should do the same for the group photo. Putin shot back (and of course he did), saying it would be a 'disgusting sight.' I don't know, there are a few NATo leaders, like Trudeau and Macron, who are much younger, fitter and better looking than Putin who probably wouldn't look too bad with their shirts off.

- - - Updated - - -

And more on the wonderfully performing Russian economy. This comes from the Russians themselves, but car manufacturing fell in May 97% compared to the same time last year. Just 3,700 cars were made in May - it was 97,000 in January, 108,000 in February, then down to 40,800 in March, only to collapse in May. Yay sanctions. Trucks were down 40% as well, and buses 6.5%. Guess it'll be 10 year waits for cars again and buses will be the only way to get around.

Despite all the artificial props in place, the MoEX had a bad day, down over 7%. That was largely due to Gazprom tanking 30% after declining to pay dividends. Given all the oil money coming in, that seems an unusual thing to be doing. Oh, wait, Putin's piggie bank. No doubt its been looted for spare change leaving none for investors.

More proof, as if we need it, on how thin skinned Putin is. At the NATO conference there was some mild mocking of Putin's shirtless posing, and BoJo (of course it was BoJo) suggested maybe they should do the same for the group photo. Putin shot back (and of course he did), saying it would be a 'disgusting sight.' I don't know, there are a few NATo leaders, like Trudeau and Macron, who are much younger, fitter and better looking than Putin who probably wouldn't look too bad with their shirts off.
    Not a fan of Bojo but props for getting under Putin's skin. First with the female Putin meme, now with the shirtless NATO heads meme.

I guess he still has a bit of his tabloid journalist talents.

At least 21 people, including one child, have died in overnight Russian missile strikes on Ukraine's southern Odesa region, Ukrainian officials say.

The state emergency service, DSNS, says 16 people were killed in a nine-storey building hit by one missile in the village of Serhiyivka.

Another five people, including the child, were killed in a separate strike on a holiday resort in the village.

Russia has fired dozens of missiles on Ukrainian cities in the past few days.

On Friday Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov again denied that Russia was hitting civilian targets.

"We heard three explosions and now there is nothing left of the recreation centre," local resident Yulia Bondar, 60, told the BBC.
    God I hate those fucking facist scum in Kremlin.
    Bolder part, the number of health/hospitals hit 1,5 month ago was up at 200 right?
    Scum of the earth.
    Ukraine’s government has officially registered the Moskva cruiser wreck on the Black Sea bottom as a national underwater cultural heritage site.

No doubt they are trying to hit civilian infrastructure but accuracy isn't a thing Russia does. Their 'precision' missiles regularly miss their targets and hit nearby buildings and their artillery works on the principle that if they level everything in a 5 mile radius they may hit their intended target.

No doubt they are trying to hit civilian infrastructure but accuracy isn't a thing Russia does. Their 'precision' missiles regularly miss their targets and hit nearby buildings and their artillery works on the principle that if they level everything in a 5 mile radius they may hit their intended target.
    "Accuracy through saturation". What a depressing strategy.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

What was it again? 60% failure rate? And that was with "high-precision" missiles...

Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    What was it again? 60% failure rate? And that was with "high-precision" missiles...
    That was back when they were using their modern missiles. Now they are using Soviet era antiship missiles to strike ground targets, which as the MoD pointed out in one of their updates, is causing a lot of civilian deaths from poor accuracy.

- - - Updated - - -

The governor of Belgorod in Russia says an explosion there has partially destroyed 11 apartments and 39 houses, killing 3.

One Russia lawmaker blamed Ukraine and said they will respond militarily. So random bombing of more Ukrainian cities I guess.

Smells a bit false flag really, coming on the heels of Lukachenko claiming Ukraine fired missiles at Belarus (but they were all shot down. ) Ukraine doesn't really have anything to cause that much damage unless with a really large volley and Putin has form of blowing up Russian apartments to stage false flags.

Unfortunately it's starting to look like Ukraine won't be able to hold the Donbass.

It has always been a race between how fast western weapons can make it to the front lines v how fast the Russians can pulverize everything within reach of their artillery.

And the Russians seem to be winning.

It's not a done deal yet, and I wouldn't discount the Ukrainians pulling a fast one here as they have done several times before.

Honestly I kinda blame the NATO foot dragging in the past months.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Unfortunately it's starting to look like Ukraine won't be able to hold the Donbass.

It has always been a race between how fast western weapons can make it to the front lines v how fast the Russians can pulverize everything within reach of their artillery.

It's not a done deal yet, and I wouldn't discount the Ukrainians pulling a fast one here as they have done several times before.

West should have helped with denazifying Ukraine several months back already. Still not too late, as there's plenty of RuZZlamists still terrorizing around. Hasn't it gone on long enough, for the time to end it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Well, Luhansk looks iffy I agree, but there's still Donetsk which is about 50% under control isn't it? Let's not forget that it took Russia nearly 4 months to conquer that.

Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    Well, Luhansk looks iffy I agree, but there's still Donetsk which is about 50% under control isn't it? Let's not forget that it took Russia nearly 4 months to conquer that.
    Yeah. Question is, will the Ukrainians get enough gear in time to hold on to that. Another question is whether they do or not, how much more of their own shit are the Russians willing to lose to grab the rest.

Right now, the answer seems to be whatever it takes.

The battle in Donbas is far from over. They're losing control of the last chunk of Luhansk, but Russia still got some sizeable amounts of grounds to cover in the rest of the region
    Last edited by zealo; 2022-07-03 at 05:45 PM.

They are a long, long way from taking the Donbas. They are making some progress there while losing ground elsewhere. And the Ukrainians are falling back towards two much larger cities which you can bet they have spent months fortifying.

Meanwhile, the Russians are nightly losing ammo dumps and barracks to long range and highly accurate HIMARS fire, like this one.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JimmySecU...29586986418176

That's reportedly the 23rd ammo dump taken out in less than 2 weeks.

And that is just with the first 4 HIMARS. More will be coming as more Ukrainians are trained on them.
    Last edited by Corvus; 2022-07-03 at 11:55 PM.

So what will Russia do when they run outa ammo and gear...

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    So what will Russia do when they run outa ammo and gear...
    Fortify what they took. Declare victory. Sue for peace. Something the Ukrainians will have a very very hard time saying no to.