10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Sorry, same videos may not be available on other languages due to "censoring" reasons.
    Probably because they're Kremlin propaganda. Shocking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    There is a reason why companies cancelled all flights on 21th (before Putin's announcement)...
    Yeah there is, and that reason is that everyone expected Russia to do invade Ukrainian territory, and lo and behold. Russia's involvement in the shooting down of MH17 is also hard fact.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Yeah there is, and that reason is that everyone expected Russia to do invade Ukrainian territory, and lo and behold. Russia's involvement in the shooting down of MH17 is also hard fact.
    As hard fact as Saddam's WMDs

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Wasn't it already proven that the Russians did that? Like a long ass time ago?
    Yes it was, but he's not the only one using lies, gaslighting and desinformation in here.

and there goes nord stream 2 byeeee

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    I understand this might be a bit difficult of a concept to grasp for anyone in a country where you can get thrown out of a window for making too much noise, but in legitimate democracies people don't have this big of a problem with criticising bad things their governments have done.

Saddam had no WMDs and it were wrong for the US to invade Iraq, but that does not change Russian involvement in MH17.

Saddam's problem was he had lied so often when he did have the WMDs that when he started to tell the truth about destroying them noone believed him.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    Nice. Hopefully they will stick to it and dont reapprove it in a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreuger View Post
    Nice. Hopefully they will stick to it and dont reapprove it in a few weeks.
    They won't. All that's been stopped is the paperwork to make the final approval on the side of the German government. Too much has been invested, it's not going anywhere.

And people were saying that NS2 would never be part of any sanctions....

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    They won't. All that's been stopped is the paperwork to make the final approval on the side of the German government. Too much has been invested, it's not going anywhere.
    Oh im sure it will be used later. But my hope is that it wont be untill russia has withdrawn completly. EU have to stand strong on this.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    Now that's what I was waiting for. And I think that's why Russia has been such a tease. Germany has been too coy on its statements.
    Russia may be too committed at this point however. *flips coin*

Putler seems to have underestimated the resolve of Europe in the face of his fascism.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreuger View Post
    Oh im sure it will be used later. But my hope is that it wont be untill russia has withdrawn completly. EU have to stand strong on this.
    They won't. Neither will Germany.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Now that's what I was waiting for. And I think that's why Russia has been such a tease. Germany has been too coy on its statements.
    Russia may be too committed at this point however. *flips coin*
    Don't worry, it won't hold.

10+ Year Old Account
    They won't. Neither will Germany.

Don't worry, it won't hold.
    He said to himself, desperately hoping that repeating it enough times will convince the German government not to do anything that might increase his energy bill because that is apparently what's important in a discussion of Ukraine being invaded.

I see we've gone from "NS2 will never be part of a sanctions package" to "well it might for now but it won't last." Waiting for "well it might have lasted but it really didn't matter."
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    He said to himself, desperately hoping that repeating it enough times will convince the German government not to do anything that might increase his energy bill.
    Again, I'm heating my home with wood. Also, don't you think that if they wanted to stop it they'd have done it when Russia annexed the Krim? What do you think is different this time?

With the EU it's about stability, and Russia is upsetting it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again, I'm heating my home with wood.
    Sure, Jan.

Also, don't you think that if they wanted to stop it they'd have done it when Russia annexed the Krim? What do you think is different this time?
    Something something straw breaking the camel's back something something Putain's little Nuremberg redux making it abundantly clear that this isn't going to stop with 'separatist regions of Ukraine' unless doing so represents a significant political and economic liability.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    It was, but you'll never get fascist apologists to admit it. Even the Iranians owned up to the one they shot down.
    I know, and it isn't surprising we have people I have NEVER seen before in this forum, suddenly simping for Russia, and not surprising, that all of the known Russian propagandists are in this channel outright fully defending Putin and Russia's invasion here, and not blaming it on Russia, but anyone else but Putin. Seems the Internet Research Agency in St. Petersburg is paying for overtime.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Not surprising you are defending Russian terrorist attacks, and Putins invasion of Ukraine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    I know, and it isn't surprising we have people I have NEVER seen before in this forum, suddenly simping for Russia, and not surprising, that all of the known Russian propagandists are in this channel outright fully defending Putin and Russia's invasion here, and not blaming it on Russia, but anyone else but Putin. Seems the Internet Research Agency in St. Petersburg is paying for overtime.
    Don't forget the GOP and their propaganda arm in Fox are still churning out pro-Putain bullshit as a function of having caught the Trump brainworms. See: Them taking more issue with "Biden being weak" than with Putain actually invading Ukraine, and immediately switching to "Biden's a warmonger" at the mention of sanctions.

Like, I'm just gonna say it: the Republican Party may as well be a Russian fifth column at this point. Which is so fucking ironic for the party of McCarthy.
    Last edited by Elegiac; 2022-02-22 at 11:41 AM.