Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    As if there weren’t enough parallels about who the real fascists are already, the germans did the exact same thing during the 1930s and 1940s.

Got to admire the sense of humour from the Ukrainians - their Defence Intelligence has given an award to the Russian journalist who accidently revealed the location of the Wagnerite headquarters.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    And they're now doing the, "And Russian women will bear more sons" bit too? Fuckin wild how quickly history seems to repeat itself in Russia.

This 3-day special operation keeps getting worse all the time.

Honestly I wouldn't even trust the Russia government to pay up, because that's at minimum what, 100 +12 month investment if you're speed running that shit like a madwoman? Lot of expenses in the interim on top of that and I don't think the $16K is gonna quite cover erm...um...well...much of that at all even with lower cost of living. Seems like a losing investment on all sides, it's a bad deal ladies. Unless you just wanna have 10 kids, then slay queen. But otherwise definitely a bad deal. I wouldn't even expect the Russian government to have liquidity that far out at the rate things are going.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Got to admire the sense of humour from the Ukrainians - their Defence Intelligence has given an award to the Russian journalist who accidently revealed the location of the Wagnerite headquarters.
    YEP.

Gotta love em for that.

How is Putin making boasts of arming other terrorist states right now if the news media always claims he's losing most of his equipment and forces in Ukraine?
    Lazarević: Are you a student of history, Mr. Drake? Nathan Drake: ...I've read a book or two. Lazarević: Genghis Khan, Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot - they were all GREAT men. But do you know why they prevailed? [beat] Because they had the will to do what other men could not. - Uncharted 2

Bloodsail Admiral
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    How is Putin making boasts of arming other terrorist states right now if the news media always claims he's losing most of his equipment and forces in Ukraine?
    Have you heard of a concept called "deception"?

russians really ought to quit smoking

"No serious casualties", uh-huh.

Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    russians really ought to quit smoking

"No serious casualties", uh-huh.
    It was another impressive special smoking operation. Lots of cook offs.

And HIMARS has hit another base - this one apparently a SOF one.

Russia is also hosting its annual arms expo - Army 2022. They have a habit of trotting out wunderwaffe that never ends up being built. This one had a robodog carrying a rocketlauncher. The problem with it? Its actually a chinese robot that can be bought on Alibaba.

It was another impressive special smoking operation. Lots of cook offs.

And HIMARS has hit another base - this one apparently a SOF one.

Russia is also hosting its annual arms expo - Army 2022. They have a habit of trotting out wunderwaffe that never ends up being built. This one had a robodog carrying a rocketlauncher. The problem with it? Its actually a chinese robot that can be bought on Alibaba.
    The robot dog reminded me of a soviet WW2 tactic that backfired big time.

The Soviets were teaching dogs to run under tanks so they'd run under German tanks and the explosives they carried would be set off. But for many reasons it was just a terrible idea.

One reason vein Soviet tanks used diesel, Germans Petrol, so dogs trained were used to diesel smell and ran to soviet tanks, not German

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    The robot dog reminded me of a soviet WW2 tactic that backfired big time.

The Soviets were teaching dogs to run under tanks so they'd run under German tanks and the explosives they carried would be set off. But for many reasons it was just a terrible idea.

One reason vein Soviet tanks used diesel, Germans Petrol, so dogs trained were used to diesel smell and ran to soviet tanks, not German
    Also sometimes dogs got scared and ran back to their owner and exploded on them instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    Russia is ready to arm its allies

I'm not sure I'd take it, not even if they paid me to and the question is also: WHICH weapons?
    They might have a few Napoleonic war era cannons and muskets left lying around

This is a stunning piece of journalism, an essential read about the period before Russian war of aggression, expansionism and irredentism. It details many things, such as the reluctance of Western European diplomats to engage with US intel and Russians flipping a bird to all attempts of preventing this war in the first place.

Here is an archived version: https://archive.ph/aau5d

Some relevant bits.
    US intel did a stunning job on Russia and Ukraine. Anyone who stills bleats about the failures of 20 years past can go and fuck themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    US intel did a stunning job on Russia and Ukraine. Anyone who stills bleats about the failures of 20 years past can go and fuck themselves.
    Rule of thumb, do not trust any of the great powers without verification.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Rule of thumb, do not trust any of the great powers without verification.
    How does a member of the public verify top-secret intel assessments?

They don't, that is the job of their respective government, in that regard outside sources have usually their own interest in mind. The US was right this time nice for them, doesn't make them immediately trustworthy.

This situation just embarrassed the intelligence agencies of most of europe.

The intel is verified as correct when the enemy's stuff goes "Boom" in places they did not expect it to go "Boom".
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

Ukraine should be supplied with ATACMS. They will be phased out and replaced by PSM. Since we know US to some degree yays or nays certain strikes, with the promise that they will be used only against critical infrastructure such as bridges, oil refineries, railways and depots, I see no reason for the delay.
    Last edited by Voidwielder; 2022-08-16 at 05:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    They might have a few Napoleonic war era cannons and muskets left lying around
    My buddy made the same remark, I said to him that we might need to convince the Ukrainians in that case to cede 1 square metre of soil because of perseverance. (Properly mined of course)

(No I don't think Ukraine should cede any soil under any circumstance.)

The flight from Crimea continues, with a record almost 39000 cars crossing the bridge in just 1 day.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Gerashche...viP5LcA-XJrMow

The flight from Crimea continues, with a record almost 39000 cars crossing the bridge in just 1 day.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Gerashche...viP5LcA-XJrMow
    I've not been watching the news lately, but what with this? Is Ukraine actually possibly going to take Crimea back, or some general panic, or just the tourists going back to their country?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    Money laundering, especially prior to his election? I couldn't give a flying fuck.