seems like Putin is facing another civil revolt not long after mutilating and killing the last batch. You can only kill or disappear so many dissenters before this only ends one way.

It seems the reality Putin may be deposed is not some far-off fantasy. But like Syria, is this what you people want?
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    seems like Putin is facing another civil revolt not long after mutilating and killing the last batch. You can only kill or disappear so many dissenters before this only ends one way.

It seems the reality Putin may be deposed is not some far-off fantasy. But like Syria, is this what you people want?
    Yes. 10chars

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel sorry YouTubers trying to keep up. The changes are so rapid. Reuters has even used the word "rout". (in the url itself, not in the body of the text, perhaps an older headline.)

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe...ut-2022-09-10/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrouded View Post
    Yeah, I agree, but I'm very skeptical about the ability to evacuate 10,000 troops that quickly. From what we've heard, most of them would be going on foot. Sure sounds like the potential for many, many POWs.
    They are on foot:

Its probaly a total chaos there.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    It seems the reality Putin may be deposed is not some far-off fantasy.
    But it is, like everything you spout here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    But it is, like everything you spout here.
    I dunno, politicians from St. Peterburg and Moscow are now openly calling for putin's removal, it won't go anywhere yet, but it is telling they dare to do it openly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    I dunno, politicians from St. Peterburg and Moscow are now openly calling for putin's removal, it won't go anywhere yet, but it is telling they dare to do it openly.
    After voicing their discontent with Glorious Leader, a song was heard echoing through the streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    Russians are gullible sheep who willingly believe all the shit they're fed. Putin still has support from the vast majority of the populace. The only way he'll be "removed" is him dying.

Russians are gullible sheep who willingly believe all the shit they're fed. Putin still has support from the vast majority of the populace. The only way he'll be "removed" is him dying.
    Wake the fuck up. russians aren't stupid. They know what is actually going on, they just don't care as long as the majority is on Putin's side. When the shift happens tho, they will all spit and piss on Putin's grave and elect the next strongman and put all the blame on Putin.

If Putin isn't stupid, he will deliberately get all the Orks in Ukraine killed in the coming months, so that there won't be a sizeable body of men coming home with some combat experience and a grudge against him, as that is a recipe for coup. Mark my words.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Wake the fuck up. russians aren't stupid. They know what is actually going on, they just don't care as long as the majority is on Putin's side. When the shift happens tho, they will all spit and piss on Putin's grave and elect the next strongman and put all the blame on Putin.

If Putin isn't stupid, he will deliberately get all the Orks in Ukraine killed in the coming months, so that there won't be a sizeable body of men coming home with some combat experience and a grudge against him, as that is a recipe for coup. Mark my words.
    The smart people have fled the country, hundreds of thousands strong. Not all that remain support him, obviously, but most do. Not that it matters, he will never ever leave office by democratic means.

The smart people have fled the country, hundreds of thousands strong. Not all that remain support him, obviously, but most do. Not that it matters, he will never ever leave office by democratic means.
    most people there are apathetic.
    the big incentive obviously is whoever scalps him gets to steal all of his money. But it would be a free for all.
    I don't see it happening and a coup would come from the right wing which wouldn't be much better.

I wasn't talking about democratic means.

Putin has made his bed. Soon he gets to lie in it.

Lol Putin was opening a Ferris wheel today and it broke down. Bit obvious as a metaphor.

Re guarding the Russian army, this is what corruption does to you. We saw it with Iraq when the ghost soldiers got run over by ISIS, we saw the same thing in Afghan were ghost soldiers got run over by the Taliban. If you let you leaders loot and loot you are doomed when it comes to doing something.

This is why i worry about the tories in the UK and Republicans in the US. All these people want to do is loot the state coffers for themselves. It will ruin us down the line.

Most of those right-wingers you are afraid of in the UK and US are historically Putin's henchmen or affiliates. It just illustrates his terrifying scope of influence, especially in internal politics, with his money and resources.
    Last edited by YUPPIE; 2022-09-10 at 06:07 PM.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, no. Higher ups wont care about them. If it comes to this, they will "depose" Putler and put a "he had a heart attack" message to the media. And people will buy it, just like they bought everything else for years.

- - - Updated - - -

Funny thing, Putler actually allows them to leave no probs. Guess his soviet mentality is showing up - subjects better be dumb but loyal than smart but rebellious.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-09-10 at 05:59 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Ukrainian troops have supposedly taken Donetsk Airport and are preparing to assault the city proper. Russia has melted away.

mods please unban shalcker right now please

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    His flailing would be fun and pathetic, but it'd just clog the thread with bullshit. Which is what he would want.

But if you really must see what he thinks, I believe he can be found elsewhere on the internet. Or at least, a guy with the same avatar, name and bullshit rhetoric. Think it might have been on Twitter.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think we can do without shalcker doing everything he can to derail the thread when things have started moving at a more rapid pace.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's the point? He will say same shit as waffles: "it's a planned fallback to stretch Ukrainians thin". This people are hardcore brainwashed.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.