1. #23281
    Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    I assume this is just baseless rumours?
    that guy is a full on bullshit merchant. Hes the one whos been pushing a palace coup narrative since the war started. if you go back in this thread you will see his bullshit. hes like Louise mensch, some mad cunt self promoting.

  2. #23282
    Immortal Makabreska's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Streets Strange by Moonlight
    Posts
    7,878
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

  3. #23283
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    so Xi Jinping is announced to specifically meeting Putin to only discuss Ukraine and Taiwan.
    And also told Putin not to dare touch Kazakhstan. Xi is basically going to tell Putin to bend over when they meet. Also including "Silence Medvedev." since the guy gets drunk almost as much as Yeltsin and screams nukes more than you do. The last thing China wants is a war that goes Nuclear.

  4. #23284
    do none of you believe the fact Russia is still pushing a narrative in their homeland that this isn't a war is indicative they are legitimately holding back (not trying too hard) in the war as it is now

  5. #23285
    Over 9000! Milchshake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Shitposter Burn Out
    Posts
    9,752
    Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    I assume this is just baseless rumours?
    I've seen it circulate in other places. One included some alleged details about the incident.

    The incident occurred with a duplicate presidential cortege, in which #Russian President #Putin was located. The President sometimes, on the advice of the security service, travels by car as part of a backup motorcade.


    Shares a few similarities with the Dugina assassination.

    Bas news for the Bunkerführer if true.
    Government Affiliated Snark

  6. #23286
    We need the WHO to investigate this mystery illness that's just killing oligarchs and military officials left and right and causing them to throw themselves out of windows and shit.

  7. #23287
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    do none of you believe the fact Russia is still pushing a narrative in their homeland that this isn't a war is indicative they are legitimately holding back (not trying too hard) in the war as it is now
    even if a full mobilization is called tomorrow it wont do much good, they have lost too many men and material so far. Sending very poorly trained and equipped fighters who don't want to be there to the front is a bad idea.

  8. #23288
    Herald of the Titans Iphie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Suomi/Nederland
    Posts
    2,652
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirit Halloween Voter View Post
    I've seen it circulate in other places. One included some alleged details about the incident.

    The incident occurred with a duplicate presidential cortege, in which #Russian President #Putin was located. The President sometimes, on the advice of the security service, travels by car as part of a backup motorcade.


    Shares a few similarities with the Dugina assassination.

    Bas news for the Bunkerführer if true.
    I mean if it's true then there's no way that the Secret service wasn't involved, or allowed it if not directly involved, right?

  9. #23289
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    do none of you believe the fact Russia is still pushing a narrative in their homeland that this isn't a war is indicative they are legitimately holding back (not trying too hard) in the war as it is now
    Stop guzzling the vatnik coolaid. Those claims are pure copium.

  10. #23290
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    do none of you believe the fact Russia is still pushing a narrative in their homeland that this isn't a war is indicative they are legitimately holding back (not trying too hard) in the war as it is now
    If Russia was holding back they would not have just told Armenia to fuck off when they invoked the CSTO's mutual defence clause. (Russian's version of NATO)

    Big bad Russia literally cannot afford to honour its own commitments to the defence of it's neighbours.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

  11. #23291
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    do none of you believe the fact Russia is still pushing a narrative in their homeland that this isn't a war is indicative they are legitimately holding back (not trying too hard) in the war as it is now
    They might be pushing that narrative but it’s not a fact.

    Not sure what else Russia has to throw at it, poorly equipped reserves? Reserve troops are ok for ww1 style wars, not against himars pummeling from 80km away.

    Russia is between a rock and a hard place.

    1, keep going with what they’ve got, which wont cut it.

    2, declare war and mobilisere, which still takes time and is a terrible strategy for Putin and the effect is doubtfull

    3, count on allies, that’ll be hit with sanctions of their own. Chinese troops and advanced weapons showing up in Ukraine, will land them sanctions on top of a holding crisis and everyone will throw more weapons at Taiwan.

    4, pull out of Ukraine except Crimea, blame the failure of the military on corrupt officials (not a lie), Putin could cut a bunch of advised and ministers, claim ignorance “but I’ll reform!” And stay in power


    There’s no “we’re holding back”

  12. #23292
    if Russia executed Brittney Griner, would America do anything? They're clearly just parading around their captive as leverage, but the US doesn't really seem to give a shit as it is.

  13. #23293
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    if Russia executed Brittney Griner, would America do anything?
    Why would they execute her?

    Why do you always seem to have such odd fantasies and fictional scenarios?

  14. #23294
    Brewmaster
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,424
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    if Russia executed Brittney Griner, would America do anything? They're clearly just parading around their captive as leverage, but the US doesn't really seem to give a shit as it is.
    And why would they execute someone they suspect of drug crimes? Russia does not have death penalty anymore officially.

    US doesn't give a shit but is willing to trade Viktor Bout for her...A notorious arms dealer of highest order for a basketball player.

  15. #23295
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Why would they execute her?
    uhm, this is a country founded on a cultural identity of killing. They are currently waging a genocidal war, killing, raping, and looting everyone and everything in their path; they are actively spreading a misinformation campaign across the world. Russia is also known for, among other things, unlawful imprisonment, gulags, etc.

    Locked into such hostilities with America right now, I honestly imagined by now they'd spin some narrative Brittney is some American spy operative and disappear her into fates unknown. Why? To prove a point to America they can't do shit in a projection of strength.

  16. #23296
    Herald of the Titans Iphie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Suomi/Nederland
    Posts
    2,652
    Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    And why would they execute someone they suspect of drug crimes? Russia does not have death penalty anymore officially.

    US doesn't give a shit but is willing to trade Viktor Bout for her...A notorious arms dealer of highest order for a basketball player.
    Eeeeh...they do still have it, but there's a moratorium on it, and that, somehow, has remained in place during all of this.

  17. #23297
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    uhm, this is a country founded on a cultural identity of killing. They are currently waging a genocidal war, killing, raping, and looting everyone and everything in their path; they are actively spreading a misinformation campaign across the world. Russia is also known for, among other things, unlawful imprisonment, gulags, etc.

    Locked into such hostilities with America right now, I honestly imagined by now they'd spin some narrative Brittney is some American spy operative and disappear her into fates unknown. Why? To prove a point to America they can't do shit in a projection of strength.
    Projection of strength? To gain what? Who would believe this strength as the Russian forces collapse against the Ukrainian counter-offensive? What does Russia gain from this?

    Seriously dude, you have the oddest fantasies.

  18. #23298
    Immortal Makabreska's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Streets Strange by Moonlight
    Posts
    7,878
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Projection of strength? To gain what? Who would believe this strength as the Russian forces collapse against the Ukrainian counter-offensive? What does Russia gain from this?

    Seriously dude, you have the oddest fantasies.
    Really not sure why y'all keep discussing things with him (and enabling him in the process), when it is pretty obvious dude is deeply disturbed and has a warped perception of reality.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

  19. #23299
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Projection of strength? To gain what? Who would believe this strength as the Russian forces collapse against the Ukrainian counter-offensive? What does Russia gain from this?
    They don't gain anything meaningful, just being petty fucking assholes. Which describes Putin pretty well. I mean let's not forget how mad Russia is over repeated funding and arming for Ukraine by Western forces, but they're otherwise incapable of doing anything but petty shit.

    Like "we kill your kind, what are you going to do about it?!" and feeling satisfied off that.

    They already killed our Marines before and nothing happened for instance.
    Last edited by YUPPIE; 2022-09-14 at 07:42 PM.

  20. #23300
    Brewmaster
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,424
    Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    Eeeeh...they do still have it, but there's a moratorium on it, and that, somehow, has remained in place during all of this.
    Capital punishment is theoretically a legal penalty but is not allowed in Russia due to a moratorium
    You're not wrong, but Russia is definitely not gonna start causing that kind of mayhem for a basketball player. Nothing to gain, despite of Yuppie having weird beliefs of Russia's divine capability.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •