10+ Year Old Account
    It's a bit odd, those appear to be individually buried rather than in a mass grave. So not exactly a mass grave. Not that it matters much of course, still horrible.

Although the article says that the graves were marked with crosses and it appears most died from shelling or lack of medical attention.

I'm just confused as mass graves are usually hidden and unmarked, these were hidden but not unmarked.

India joining China in giving Russia the big WTF U DOIN signs. Multipolarity going well for Russia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I can't be the only one that looked at the centerpiece and thought, "That's oddly sorta coffin-shaped."
    No I was also wondering who died.
    Putin khuliyo

As of now the latest explanation for the war is that "the West wanted to break up Russia, so they invaded Ukraine to stop it". What will it be tomorrow? Or is this the delusion the final reason we get to hear? Regardless, my brain is cracking under the immense lapses in logic of that statement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    India joining China in giving Russia the big WTF U DOIN signs. Multipolarity going well for Russia.
    When India and China agree that something you are doing is unwise it may be time to re-evaluate your life's choices.

Apparently putin was treated as a second rate leader at the SCO, including made to wait by other leaders and seated between smaller powers.
    Last edited by Iphie; 2022-09-16 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    Apparently putin was treated as a second rate leader at the SCO, including made to wait by other leaders and seated between smaller powers.
    for a while now, Putin seems to be the opposite of badass. He was made to look like a bitch by Erdogan too a few months back. By all accounts, with his image of strength, he should be asserting his authority over these people and telling them what to do and what HE wants

but instead he looks like he's gonna get hung dry if he ever talks out of line in these meetings
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    China will need Russia to watch its back, while it will eventually get to gnawing on Taiwan.
    I think if anything, this whole debacle has shown how useless Russia would be in watching China's back.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    for a while now, Putin seems to be the opposite of badass. He was made to look like a bitch by Erdogan too a few months back.
    "Being a badass" and "looking like a bitch" are traits that only matter in politicians to people like you, who have a laughably tenuous grasp of how international relations wor.k

whatever became of Russia's claim of importing North Korean cannon fodder to the Ukraine frontlines?
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

10+ Year Old Account
    whatever became of Russia's claim of importing North Korean cannon fodder to the Ukraine frontlines?
    Like so many claims, threats and bold actions: nothing.

North Korea probably doesn't want to declare war against Ukraine to hasten anything bad coming their way eventually...Because that's what it is, you send your military troops to genocide a sovereign nation, you declare war against them.

lol Wagner and volunteer troops going back to Russia from the front after being used as cannon fodder and getting into fights with Rosgvardia.

Pissed off that they got sent to the meatgrinder and Russia didnt mobilize.

Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    North Korea probably doesn't want to declare war against Ukraine to hasten anything bad coming their way eventually...Because that's what it is, you send your military troops to genocide a sovereign nation, you declare war against them.
    Likely also worried their troops will run off after seeing what the rest of the world is like compared to how North Korea is.

Putin just made a bold statement claiming the West was plotting to destroy Russia from the inside out through espionage and invaded Ukraine to "stop it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    Far more likely that North Korea just isn't getting anything substantial in the here and now out of doing that if they opted not to, than any concerns about their diplomatic status with Ukraine and fallout from that. They're already one of the most sanctioned countries on the whole planet next to Iran and Russia, and the whole act of formally declaring war is more and more becoming something of a historical curiosity, and not something widely preceding countries entering them.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    That says more about Canadian media thinking Canadians aren't as interested, rather than anything about the war, which is still very much a high intensity one that hasn't slowed down in pace.
    To be fair I don't go on Facebook more than like once or twice a month and I don't watch news anymore as it angers me 90% of the time and that's not good for my health.

I'll let other people worry about it and get stressed out about it, I'm sure it'll all be over soon enough.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

15+ Year Old Account
    So yet another undeniable mass grave as a result of Russians. And the previously leaked video of Wagner group doing their best to recruit prisoners in Russian jails as ground combat troups.

Russians will be hated across the globe for decades in most parts.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Modi publicly telling Putin off was unexpected. India have won themselves no friends with their previous responses but it is a start.

They aren't happy that Pakistan has been rewarded with f16s for their help though. Pakistan has a factory that manufactures 152mm ammo for soviet style artillery and the UK has been flying in many flighs of the stuff for the Ukrainians.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Modi publicly telling Putin off was unexpected.
    I'm more surprised Putin didn't try to kill him or threaten him over that. If you think that sounds extreme or over-the-top, look at how terrified Trump acts when pressed to say something antagonistic about Putin. I mean we're talking about a guy for whom the norm is death or torture for the slightest negative remark.

I'm more surprised Putin didn't try to kill him or threaten him over that. If you think that sounds extreme or over-the-top, look at how terrified Trump acts when pressed to say something antagonistic about Putin
    Putin is not the kind of bloviating, thin-skinned reactionary that Trump is. He's not so insecure he has to lash out publicly against every ill word leveled his way.

15+ Year Old Account
    Poor putin in his mini gathering on the international stage.

Hes the tiny junior partner to China which he try to cuddle with.
    And on top of that India puts him off.
    And reorganize gas and oil sells globally after decades of physical investments by Russia on infrastructure to the west and now shifting to the east wont make it.
    On the other hand even if Russia sells to bargain price via the few possibilities of transport eastbound that can sustain their war crimes for quite some time.

But what none except the west can provide is the tech needed for Putler to in the long run avoid a total military and domestic disaster.
    Seems the concerns were more widespread than at least the west media reported among Russian domestic officials.
    2,5 weeks of Ukrainian immense progress and even Goebells state media in Russia have shows and interviews with officials stating (after 7 months),
    everything from that there are issues <--> the invasion was a mistake with the few days of special operations (TM facists) to de-nazify Ukraine and liberate our brothers concept promised.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Putin is not the kind of bloviating, thin-skinned reactionary that Trump is. He's not so insecure he has to lash out publicly against every ill word leveled his way.
    To be fair Putin doesnt need to, somehow people tend to die when speaking up.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.