Bloodsail Admiral
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    lol russia brought a load of 'teachers' in to indoctrinate the kids and they all got left behind in the assault. 15 years in jail.
    Russia, stop ruining my Warhammer orc fantasy!!

New warboss takes control of a tribe, kills the servants of the old warboss.

Well, Russia is amazing at making russians despise their own glorious empire.

Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    If anything this war does show the North-South divide, I mean yes, lots of countries condemn the invasion but when you look deeper you do see a lot of resentment towards the west and NATO by those same countries.

And a lot of that resentment is linked to colonialism, sadly. The "funny" thing is of course that russians would have colonized just as hard in Africa as the west if they would have had the opportunity.
    At the end of the day if US and/or Europe decided to enforce sanctions, much of the south would be forced to go along because the reality is, however much China and Russia like to talk about their influence there, Foreign Direct Investment from the US and Europe remains the plurality if not the majority. If anything the ones loudest will be corrupt governments who chafe at the minimal restrictions placed on them by the West which China and Russia will not require for investment.

Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    Russia, stop ruining my Warhammer orc fantasy!!

New warboss takes control of a tribe, kills the servants of the old warboss.

Well, Russia is amazing at making russians despise their own glorious empire.
    Warboss sends Weirdboyz to front lines.
    They perils of the warped.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    Warboss sends Weirdboyz to front lines.
    They perils of the warped.
    Don't forget the Flyboyz.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1569484504812556288

(Note: The ability to fly by believing you can only works for Orks in the Warhammer universe.)

Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    If anything this war does show the North-South divide, I mean yes, lots of countries condemn the invasion but when you look deeper you do see a lot of resentment towards the west and NATO by those same countries.

And a lot of that resentment is linked to colonialism, sadly. The "funny" thing is of course that russians would have colonized just as hard in Africa as the west if they would have had the opportunity.
    The Russians did colonize. It's just that they colonized land next to their own which everybody somehow does not consider colonization. And they still hold on to all that land.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Territ...tion_of_Russia

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    The Russians did colonize. It's just that they colonized land next to their own which everybody somehow does not consider colonization. And they still hold on to all that land.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Territ...tion_of_Russia
    I meant specifically in Africa. There was an ill-fated attempt to colonize Madagascar as far as I know but Peter the Great died halfway through the trip so the ships returned when they heard that, or so I'm told.

So Africans don't perceive russians as colonizers but rather as freedom supporters as they helped a lot of nations gain independence from Western powers. (Which OBVIOUSLY had nothing to do with expanding the sphere of influence of the USSR.)

The situation is getting worse by day, a lot of deep hate is being built up for a long long term. This is not good at all, its very worrisome. Most of the soldiers dying on either side are mostly just young recruits, its just sad.
    Last edited by Xjev; 2022-09-13 at 03:48 PM.

Eh, that account makes some wildly over the top claims without evidence. The UK MoD never said the 1st Guards Tank Army had been destroyed but that it had taken losses during the Kharkiv rout.

Quote Originally Posted by Xjev View Post
    The situation is getting worse by day, a lot of deep hate is being built up for a long long term.
    I find it interesting: the fact social media tries to enforce a "no racist/nation bashing" policy as a whole but Russia seems to be exempt from that, even on this thread. Most of the time people aren't just shitting on Putin, but Russians as a whole, calling them all kinds of slurs, nicknames, and shitting on their state identity. But no one minds it all that much, if at all.

In real life right now, saying you're Russian or admiring your state in any way abroad actually earns you a literal ass-kicking, to the point people have been trying to deny their ethnicity altogether.

The Unstoppable Force Kaleredar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xjev View Post
    The situation is getting worse by day, a lot of deep hate is being built up for a long long term. This is not good at all, its very worrisome. Most of the soldiers dying on either side are mostly just young recruits, its just sad.
    Pretty sure the “deep hate” is quite justified on the Ukrainians’ side, considering the wholesale murder and war crimes they had perpetrated against them.

If the Russians are looking for someone to hate, they should look to the leaders of their own country that sent them to die pointlessly.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    In real life right now, saying you're Russian or admiring your state in any way abroad actually earns you a literal ass-kicking, to the point people have been trying to deny their ethnicity altogether.
    I continue to wonder what absolutely fictional reality you live in. Because it's sure not the one the rest of us exist in.

"But here's one example!" I hear shouted from the peanut gallery.

That's nice, one example is not data.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I continue to wonder what absolutely fictional reality you live in. Because it's sure not the one the rest of us exist in.

It is, just not enough data to infer anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

There are lots of stories of racially motivated ass beatings and, more notably, Russian businesses facing arson attacks and vandalism.

While I doubt this will illicit much if any sympathy, that’s just the illustration of being openly Russian abroad right now unless you’re in the mafia or with Trump. Hell, some businesses and organizations will even ask you to denounce your country as we see in Sports.

I don't agree with the other poster when he said "hate runs on both sides", though. No one gives a shit if Russians hate Ukrainians or anyone for that matter. With everyone else, though, being Ukrainian right now earns you sympathy points by default.
    Last edited by YUPPIE; 2022-09-13 at 05:04 PM.

There are lots of stories of racially motivated ass beatings and, more notably, Russian businesses facing arson attacks and vandalism.

While I doubt this will illicit much if any sympathy, that’s just the illustration of being openly Russian abroad right now unless you’re in the mafia or with Trump. Hell, some businesses and organizations will even ask you to denounce your country as we see in Sports.

I don't agree with the other poster when he said "hate runs on both sides", though. No one gives a shit if Russians hate Ukrainians or anyone for that matter. With everyone else, though, being Ukrainian right now earns you sympathy points by default.
    Well if your country is waging a genocidal war, I don't think it's unacceptable to demand people renounce it.

Also the Russian people are the ones enabling their government, they're all guilty.

If anything we're being far too lenient. Russians should be expelled or put into camps, like the Japanese were during WWII.

When I hear about some Russians protesting in Germany, demanding the German government ceases the arms shipments to Ukraine my blood boils. They should be arrested or shot on the spot for being terrorists.
    Last edited by enigma77; 2022-09-13 at 05:22 PM.

Generally I've never seen it called nation bashing when you discuss actions of an aggressor nation during a war.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    If anything we're being far too lenient.
    you know there's the minority that still says the Russian citizens are just being "oppressed" by Putin/Kremlin and unable to do anything because the average person doesn't want to be skinned alive with their whole family and knifed to death.

It's up to the person to decide if it's their fault or not.

you know there's the minority that still says the Russian citizens are just being "oppressed" by Putin/Kremlin and unable to do anything because the average person doesn't want to be skinned alive with their whole family and knifed to death.

It's up to the person to decide if it's their fault or not.
    So their excuse for supporting a genocidal war is cowardice? Sheesh, in that case, carry on!

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    So their excuse for supporting a genocidal war is cowardice? Sheesh, in that case, carry on!
    it's hard to say who is genuine, isn't it? Right now they'll even find your ass if you criticize their bootleg IP replacements like the new McDonald.

Russia right now should honestly be seen as another North Korea. It's not a part of the civilized world anymore.

it's hard to say who is genuine, isn't it?
    Quite often yes.
    However signs point to the guy who claimed they would shut the fuck up until nukes start flying and then failed to shut the fuck up despite no nukes being launched so far as not being genuine so sometimes it's pretty easy.

Edit: How is this trolling and/or worthy of an infraction?
    Last edited by Attackrabbit; 2022-09-13 at 06:52 PM.