Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    Well, that answers the question of "Do the RuZZlamic state nukes even work?".
    Yes. That's undoubtedly where all the money went since the army itself wasn't well maintained, obviously.

That's my firm belief on the matter.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    Yes. That's undoubtedly where all the money went since the army itself wasn't well maintained, obviously.

That's my firm belief on the matter.
    And since the reality is always opposite of your belief system, thanks for confirming what I thought on the matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

How it started:

How it's going:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    How it started:

How it's going:
    When was that second photo taken?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    When was that second photo taken?
    https://www.pravda.com.ua/rus/news/2020/03/12/7243314/

There's a pravda article using that image from 2020, so not in any time frame immediately relevant to this war.

Bloodsail Admiral
    3+ Year Old Account
    One side-effect we're seeing the Russian invasion is in Armenia-Azerbaijan the last couple of days. Russia has been reluctant to arm Armenia, despite Russia asking Armenia for military help in Ukraine. Meanwhile Russia is also semi-friendly with Azerbaijan, having good diplomatic relations and selling them arms. The last war in N-K only ended because Russia intervened to demand a cease fire. Armenia's military has little to no chance against a full-scale invasion by Azerbaijan (without Russian help) if it moves forward since Azerbaijan's is much better equipped and funded.

Azerbaijan kind of tested the waters with attacks yesterday and the global response was muted. It sounds like those attacks have resumed today. I'm not sure Russia this time will be in a military position to help Armenia if things heat up there, which is probably why Azerbaijan is feeling the waters now. And it would be odd for the West to militarily help a CSTO-member Russian ally. Armenia is in a really tough situation now indirectly from the invasion of Ukraine.

I'd like to add to the PoW topic that Ukraine is considering those Russian-instilled teachers to be war criminals and not just average PoWs.

So life imprisonment may very well apply.
    Cultural genocide is still a form of genocide. And that was their intent, to erase Ukrainian identity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Cultural genocide is still a form of genocide. And that was their intent, to erase Ukrainian identity.
    While true I kinda feel it's ridiculous to judge teachers as equivalent to mass murdering and raping soldiers.

In other news:
    putin rejected a peace deal at the start which would have given him guarantees about NATO.

While true I kinda feel it's ridiculous to judge teachers as equivalent to mass murdering and raping soldiers.

In other news:
    putin rejected a peace deal at the start which would have given him guarantees about NATO.
    I'd say the teachers know what they are doing, brainwashing their future to become as hateful and hostile as they are and ensuring the future orcs would see Ukraine as something evil that shouldn't exist, which in turn would be used as a justification for endless wars to annex EVERYTHING they can get their grubby hands on.

Here's hoping the orcs get exactly same consequences as nazis still do, grandpas in their 90s hunted down after all this time!

In other news:
    Well thankfully these "teachers" did not get a chance to apply their curriculum but we have seen elsewhere what culture genocide via education can look like and it invariable ends in violence against children.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Well thankfully these "teachers" did not get a chance to apply their curriculum but we have seen elsewhere what culture genocide via education can look like and it invariable ends in violence against children.
    It's just a mental thing, unless these teachers were forced to go, a possibility I do not discount, they are complicit to genocide. I'm just saying it sounds so ridiculous to say that a teacher is as bad as a soldier, you know?

10+ Year Old Account
    Lock them up so they can ponder their actions, what Russia is attempting with those teachers isn't new but a centuries old trick out of their imperialism playbook.

While Putin is hiding in his bunker, Zelensky went to Izium to raise the flag.

https://www.ukrinform.net/rubric-ato...ted-izium.html

Quote Originally Posted by Biglog View Post
    One side-effect we're seeing the Russian invasion is in Armenia-Azerbaijan the last couple of days. Russia has been reluctant to arm Armenia, despite Russia asking Armenia for military help in Ukraine. Meanwhile Russia is also semi-friendly with Azerbaijan, having good diplomatic relations and selling them arms. The last war in N-K only ended because Russia intervened to demand a cease fire. Armenia's military has little to no chance against a full-scale invasion by Azerbaijan (without Russian help) if it moves forward since Azerbaijan's is much better equipped and funded.

Azerbaijan kind of tested the waters with attacks yesterday and the global response was muted. It sounds like those attacks have resumed today. I'm not sure Russia this time will be in a military position to help Armenia if things heat up there, which is probably why Azerbaijan is feeling the waters now. And it would be odd for the West to militarily help a CSTO-member Russian ally. Armenia is in a really tough situation now indirectly from the invasion of Ukraine.
    Armenia is in a no win situation. On one side they have Turkey. A nation that denies a genocide happened to the Armenians to the point even asking about it can land you in prison, also is a NATO member.

On the other side is Azerbaijan, a nation whose leadership had pushed for ethnic violence against them even before the USSR fell and is for all purposes in the Turkish sphere. Meaning it's practically a NATO partner without it being in NATO.

Through no fault of its own it pretty much has to buddy up with Russia for defence and Russia is unable to do anything due to Putin's stupidity in attacking Ukraine and is thus isolated.

At this point I doubt anything will stop the Azerbaijan military from linking up the main part of the country with the exclave on the other side of Armenia.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Another big haul on Oryx
    the list is mental.

1000 tanks took 3 months and then 500 vehicles took 2 days lmao

saw some interesting tidbits like :

128 tank losses have been visually confirmed during the counteroffensive. In addition the type of 29 older losses has been narrowed down.

66% of destroyed ones are older tanks while 65% of captured ones are newer.

and

(Taken in total, the combat vehicle losses are representative of 8 battalions or 2.6 brigades)
    TANK: 102 (8.5 companies or 2+ battalions)
    IFV: 108 (9 companies or 2+ battalions)
    APC: 86 (7.1 companies 2- battalions)
    ARTILLERY: 66 (11 batteries or 2- arty battalions)
    ENGINEER/RECOVERY: 25 (3+ companies)
    Air Defense: 11 (1 company)
    C2: 24 (3 companies)
    MRAP TYPE: 15 (1+ company)
    TRUCK: 89 (8 companies)
    Drone: 2
    Fixed Wing Aircraft: 5

This represent 9% of total losses since the war began in this one action.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    At this point I doubt anything will stop the Azerbaijan military from linking up the main part of the country with the exclave on the other side of Armenia.
    That remains to be seen, but the land they're taking now (Nagorno-Karabakh) was always recognised as part of Azerbaijan, even if it was an autonomous district with de facto independence through Russian influence. Linking up with Nahichevan would require violating the internationally recognised borders of a sovereign country, something the international community is forced to respond to, especially after Russia's invasion of Ukraine.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    They know very well what is going on and what they are doing, and the intent behind it.

They are just as guilty and should be dealt with accordingly
    Nobody’s claiming they didn’t commit a warcrime… just that it isn’t quite on the same level as killing/raping.

Im confused as to who is making that comparison? The only one I see doing it is the person I quoted, unless I'm missing something.
    Iphie at 10:15 today, replying to nymrohd who claimed the teachers wete committing cultural genocide.

Bit of miscommunication here I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Veggie50 View Post
    Nobody’s claiming they didn’t commit a warcrime… just that it isn’t quite on the same level as killing/raping.
    its why they are only getting 15 years in jail. Not sure what the legal grounds are in Ukraine.

my own moral beliefs are that its fair.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to add to the PoW topic that Ukraine is considering those Russian-instilled teachers to be war criminals and not just average PoWs.

So life imprisonment may very well apply.
    Im confused as to who is making that comparison? The only one I see doing it is the person I quoted, unless I'm missing something.
    My response was also in reference to that post by Yuppie. Though I do wonder about the legality of designating them as PoWs I thought you had to be a recognised combatant for that.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    its why they are only getting 15 years in jail. Not sure what the legal grounds are in Ukraine.

my own moral beliefs are that its fair.
    That's a whole lot more in line with what I think is fair as well.