Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    so Xi Jinping is announced to specifically meeting Putin to only discuss Ukraine and Taiwan.
    And also told Putin not to dare touch Kazakhstan. Xi is basically going to tell Putin to bend over when they meet. Also including "Silence Medvedev." since the guy gets drunk almost as much as Yeltsin and screams nukes more than you do. The last thing China wants is a war that goes Nuclear.

do none of you believe the fact Russia is still pushing a narrative in their homeland that this isn't a war is indicative they are legitimately holding back (not trying too hard) in the war as it is now
    Lazarević: Are you a student of history, Mr. Drake? Nathan Drake: ...I've read a book or two. Lazarević: Genghis Khan, Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot - they were all GREAT men. But do you know why they prevailed? [beat] Because they had the will to do what other men could not. - Uncharted 2

Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    I assume this is just baseless rumours?
    I've seen it circulate in other places. One included some alleged details about the incident.

The incident occurred with a duplicate presidential cortege, in which #Russian President #Putin was located. The President sometimes, on the advice of the security service, travels by car as part of a backup motorcade.

Shares a few similarities with the Dugina assassination.

Bas news for the Bunkerführer if true.
    Welcome to MMO-C. One you realize that the median poster is a Johnny Depp fanboi that consume 8 hours of youtube a day. You realize it's hopeless.

We need the WHO to investigate this mystery illness that's just killing oligarchs and military officials left and right and causing them to throw themselves out of windows and shit.

do none of you believe the fact Russia is still pushing a narrative in their homeland that this isn't a war is indicative they are legitimately holding back (not trying too hard) in the war as it is now
    even if a full mobilization is called tomorrow it wont do much good, they have lost too many men and material so far. Sending very poorly trained and equipped fighters who don't want to be there to the front is a bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit Halloween Voter View Post
    I've seen it circulate in other places. One included some alleged details about the incident.

The incident occurred with a duplicate presidential cortege, in which #Russian President #Putin was located. The President sometimes, on the advice of the security service, travels by car as part of a backup motorcade.

Shares a few similarities with the Dugina assassination.

Bas news for the Bunkerführer if true.
    I mean if it's true then there's no way that the Secret service wasn't involved, or allowed it if not directly involved, right?

Stop guzzling the vatnik coolaid. Those claims are pure copium.

If Russia was holding back they would not have just told Armenia to fuck off when they invoked the CSTO's mutual defence clause. (Russian's version of NATO)

Big bad Russia literally cannot afford to honour its own commitments to the defence of it's neighbours.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

They might be pushing that narrative but it’s not a fact.

Not sure what else Russia has to throw at it, poorly equipped reserves? Reserve troops are ok for ww1 style wars, not against himars pummeling from 80km away.

Russia is between a rock and a hard place.

1, keep going with what they’ve got, which wont cut it.

2, declare war and mobilisere, which still takes time and is a terrible strategy for Putin and the effect is doubtfull

3, count on allies, that’ll be hit with sanctions of their own. Chinese troops and advanced weapons showing up in Ukraine, will land them sanctions on top of a holding crisis and everyone will throw more weapons at Taiwan.

4, pull out of Ukraine except Crimea, blame the failure of the military on corrupt officials (not a lie), Putin could cut a bunch of advised and ministers, claim ignorance “but I’ll reform!” And stay in power

There’s no “we’re holding back”

if Russia executed Brittney Griner, would America do anything? They're clearly just parading around their captive as leverage, but the US doesn't really seem to give a shit as it is.
    Lazarević: Are you a student of history, Mr. Drake? Nathan Drake: ...I've read a book or two. Lazarević: Genghis Khan, Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot - they were all GREAT men. But do you know why they prevailed? [beat] Because they had the will to do what other men could not. - Uncharted 2

if Russia executed Brittney Griner, would America do anything?
    Why would they execute her?

Why do you always seem to have such odd fantasies and fictional scenarios?

Bloodsail Admiral
    if Russia executed Brittney Griner, would America do anything? They're clearly just parading around their captive as leverage, but the US doesn't really seem to give a shit as it is.
    And why would they execute someone they suspect of drug crimes? Russia does not have death penalty anymore officially.

US doesn't give a shit but is willing to trade Viktor Bout for her...A notorious arms dealer of highest order for a basketball player.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Why would they execute her?
    uhm, this is a country founded on a cultural identity of killing. They are currently waging a genocidal war, killing, raping, and looting everyone and everything in their path; they are actively spreading a misinformation campaign across the world. Russia is also known for, among other things, unlawful imprisonment, gulags, etc.

Locked into such hostilities with America right now, I honestly imagined by now they'd spin some narrative Brittney is some American spy operative and disappear her into fates unknown. Why? To prove a point to America they can't do shit in a projection of strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    And why would they execute someone they suspect of drug crimes? Russia does not have death penalty anymore officially.

US doesn't give a shit but is willing to trade Viktor Bout for her...A notorious arms dealer of highest order for a basketball player.
    Eeeeh...they do still have it, but there's a moratorium on it, and that, somehow, has remained in place during all of this.

uhm, this is a country founded on a cultural identity of killing. They are currently waging a genocidal war, killing, raping, and looting everyone and everything in their path; they are actively spreading a misinformation campaign across the world. Russia is also known for, among other things, unlawful imprisonment, gulags, etc.

Locked into such hostilities with America right now, I honestly imagined by now they'd spin some narrative Brittney is some American spy operative and disappear her into fates unknown. Why? To prove a point to America they can't do shit in a projection of strength.
    Projection of strength? To gain what? Who would believe this strength as the Russian forces collapse against the Ukrainian counter-offensive? What does Russia gain from this?

Seriously dude, you have the oddest fantasies.

Projection of strength? To gain what? Who would believe this strength as the Russian forces collapse against the Ukrainian counter-offensive? What does Russia gain from this?

Seriously dude, you have the oddest fantasies.
    Really not sure why y'all keep discussing things with him (and enabling him in the process), when it is pretty obvious dude is deeply disturbed and has a warped perception of reality.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

They don't gain anything meaningful, just being petty fucking assholes. Which describes Putin pretty well. I mean let's not forget how mad Russia is over repeated funding and arming for Ukraine by Western forces, but they're otherwise incapable of doing anything but petty shit.

Like "we kill your kind, what are you going to do about it?!" and feeling satisfied off that.

They already killed our Marines before and nothing happened for instance.
    Last edited by YUPPIE; 2022-09-14 at 07:42 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    Eeeeh...they do still have it, but there's a moratorium on it, and that, somehow, has remained in place during all of this.
    Capital punishment is theoretically a legal penalty but is not allowed in Russia due to a moratorium
    You're not wrong, but Russia is definitely not gonna start causing that kind of mayhem for a basketball player. Nothing to gain, despite of Yuppie having weird beliefs of Russia's divine capability.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Democratic and Republican U.S. senators introduced legislation on Wednesday that would designate Russia as a state sponsor of terrorism, a label pushed for by Ukraine but opposed by President Joe Biden's administration.

anyone wanna explain the bolded bit? I know Joe Biden always clamored for Putin having a way out but didn't know it went this far.