1. #23821
    Titan Yunru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    The Continent of Orsterra
    Posts
    12,042
    Here is the problem i see with Putin calling for troops. He has no tanks to give to those people. Most recent Ukraine offensive destroyed/captured the 1.st defense army tanks, gear and so on.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1st_Guards_Tank_Army
    If you remember his russan parade a while ago, it lacked quite a few tanks and other like in previous years.

    (Perun does a pretty good overlook)


    The call is probaly only for teritorial defense in russa as they lack troops to hold it. Since USA gave them better rockets now that can probaly even reach Moskov if needed.

    And there are those 2 other countrys that were supposed to be in *russan nato* and they started to fight each other. So they will have to also send troops there.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

  2. #23822
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    russias just a much bigger country. and they share a border. ukraine cant win. russia waas fighting with both hands tied behind its back.

    - - - Updated - - -



    actually, the attacks on belgorod has already given putin justification to use nukes. putin is just holding back. if putin decides to nuke a week from now, a month from now or 6 months from now, he will say the attacks on belgorod is justification.
    Shut the fuck up. Your posts are very very stupid, you know that?


    Infracted.

    Edit: Haha, nice try mods.
    Last edited by Gabriel; 2022-09-21 at 02:13 PM.

  3. #23823
    Xi JinPing apperantly asks for talks regarding a cease fire and reopening a dialogue. Huh.

  4. #23824
    Elemental Lord Santti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    8,824
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Xi JinPing apperantly asks for talks regarding a cease fire and reopening a dialogue. Huh.
    Nice of him to try (I guess?), but I seriously doubt it's going to do accomplish anything. Ukraine want's it's lands and people back, and Russia says no. That's pretty much the extent of what would happen.
    Last edited by Santti; 2022-09-21 at 01:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    Money laundering, especially prior to his election? I couldn't give a flying fuck.

  5. #23825
    Pandaren Monk Iphie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Suomi/Nederland
    Posts
    1,906
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Nice of him to try (I guess?), but I seriously doubt it's going to do accomplish anything.
    I seriously think Xi is getting truly fed up with putin.

  6. #23826
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Nice of him to try (I guess?), but I seriously doubt it's going to do accomplish anything.
    You know, occasionally I like to spin theories around, so what if China goaded Putin into an attack with promises for... whatever, new gas market? And now Puting jumps at Winnie the Poos proposal, China is seen as the peace bringing mediator, Putin gets a bigger market.... no? Nah, no idea what that's about, sorry.

  7. #23827
    The Lightbringer Hansworst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Schiedam, the Netherlands
    Posts
    3,346
    Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    I seriously think Xi is getting truly fed up with putin.
    Hi Xi, it's Vlad. Evul west not buying gas anymore, so I have very cheap gas for you, comrade.

    Hello Vlad, that's very nice of you. Send it in. How are you going to transport it from the fields to us? You made a pipeline in a record-breaking time?

    Putin has left the chat.

  8. #23828
    Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    I seriously think Xi is getting truly fed up with putin.
    The guy is really bad for business at this point.

    Let's also not forget the border disputes between China and Russia that were "settled" in a few decades ago. According to Chinese doctrine, Russia is occupying territories that are historically Chinese, especially outer Manchuria. There is a case to be made that given the fact Putin slowly but surely losing a value as a strategic and economic partner, China will want to join the action. Wonder if Kremlin is considering that option.

  9. #23829
    The Lightbringer Hansworst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Schiedam, the Netherlands
    Posts
    3,346
    Weird that our beloved, now permabanned, russian shill doesn't mention anything on Twitter about this mobilization. Fear of being conscripted?

  10. #23830
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    Weird that our beloved, now permabanned, russian shill doesn't mention anything on Twitter about this mobilization. Fear of being conscripted?
    leave pavel alone hes dead RIP, the state of that following list explains alot tho.

  11. #23831
    Pandaren Monk Iphie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Suomi/Nederland
    Posts
    1,906
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    Hi Xi, it's Vlad. Evul west not buying gas anymore, so I have very cheap gas for you, comrade.

    Hello Vlad, that's very nice of you. Send it in. How are you going to transport it from the fields to us? You made a pipeline in a record-breaking time?

    Putin has left the chat.
    Funny you should say that, the "Power of Siberia" oil pipeline is 7 days out of commission for..."maintenance"... sound familiar?

  12. #23832
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    leave pavel alone hes dead RIP, the state of that following list explains alot tho.
    Wow, that's wild--on a list that contains Kyle Rittenhouse, James Damore, Jordan Peterson, the Russian Embassy, and Steak Umm (!), somehow Meghan McArdle is the worst.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Here is the problem i see with Putin calling for troops. He has no tanks to give to those people. Most recent Ukraine offensive destroyed/captured the 1.st defense army tanks, gear and so on.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1st_Guards_Tank_Army
    If you remember his russan parade a while ago, it lacked quite a few tanks and other like in previous years.

    (snip)

    The call is probaly only for teritorial defense in russa as they lack troops to hold it. Since USA gave them better rockets now that can probaly even reach Moskov if needed.

    And there are those 2 other countrys that were supposed to be in *russan nato* and they started to fight each other. So they will have to also send troops there.
    It reeks of fear and desperation--it may as well be a concession speech to Ukraine's gains, it panics his own people, further demoralizes his soldiers, and all that bluster that was once un(con)tested is now against a backdrop of a string humiliating defeats and his and his army's weaknesses laid bare. He banked on the West not having the stomach to challenge him or withstand even small amounts of uncertainty or economic pain (that was not an unreasonable calculation, to be fair), and now winter is coming, and he will have to do everything in his power to make that pan out. There's no doubt it makes him more dangerous, but really his last card is nukes, and if he plays it, the West will wipe Russia off the map, tanks or no.

    ET remove unverified link.
    Last edited by Levelfive; 2022-09-21 at 02:58 PM.
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

  13. #23833
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,099
    Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    ETA: Meanwhile: https://twitter.com/michaeldweiss/st...dFbeuE0_mExgLg



    "Ukrainian journalist Andrii Tsaplienko at the Russian-Finnish border, the only available land route for Russians if they want to travel to the EU zone. The line is 30 km long."
    And meanwhile in Finland, pressure grows within the parliament to close the border entirely, for all russians. Let's fucking do it!

    Let them fight and die for their beloved genocidal cause.

    Also your link doesn't work for me, page doesn't exist.

  14. #23834
    Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    I seriously think Xi is getting truly fed up with putin.
    Authoritarians don't respect other authoritarians who show weakness. It should be clear even to him that Putler is atleast incompetent if nothing else.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    And meanwhile in Finland, pressure grows within the parliament to close the border entirely, for all russians. Let's fucking do it!
    I fucking hate all this pointless bureaucracy in our country. Even an immediate national security risk leaves our system impotent in the short term.

  15. #23835
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    They want to mark Donbass as Russian territory sothat they can claim Ukraine is invading Russia and use nukes as retaliation.
    Russia is not going to glass itself over the Donbas. There is no calculation in which dying in nuclear fire is worth saying you annexed some land before dying to said nuclear fire.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

  16. #23836
    Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    And meanwhile in Finland, pressure grows within the parliament to close the border entirely, for all russians. Let's fucking do it!

    Let them fight and die for their beloved genocidal cause.

    Also your link doesn't work for me, page doesn't exist.
    Hmm he deleted it which makes me doubt its authenticity, so I will also delete. Thank you for letting me know.

    This seems more reliable: https://www.kelikamerat.info/kelikam..._Vaalimaa_raja
    Last edited by Levelfive; 2022-09-21 at 03:00 PM.
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

  17. #23837
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,099
    Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    Hmm he deleted it which makes me doubt its authenticity, so I will also delete. Thank you for letting me know.

    This seems more reliable: https://www.kelikamerat.info/kelikam..._Vaalimaa_raja
    It's reliable, thanks. The camera feed comes from the cameras under supervision of Finnish Transport Infrastructure Agency.

    I don't know though how easily russians can get to Finland atm, they all can't just use the tourist visa excuse...And any other visa application processing time has been so greatly extended that it probably reduces the traffic down to 10% of the normal.

  18. #23838
    Pandaren Monk Iphie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Suomi/Nederland
    Posts
    1,906
    Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    It's reliable, thanks. The camera feed comes from the cameras under supervision of Finnish Transport Infrastructure Agency.

    I don't know though how easily russians can get to Finland atm, they all can't just use the tourist visa excuse...And any other visa application processing time has been so greatly extended that it probably reduces the traffic down to 10% of the normal.
    I read on YLE that the border guard saw a marked uptick in forged passports, from Azerbaijan, Armenia and Georgia, among others, and a lot of those caught immediately ask for asylum.

  19. #23839
    Over 9000! Lahis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    9,499
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Russia is not going to glass itself over the Donbas. There is no calculation in which dying in nuclear fire is worth saying you annexed some land before dying to said nuclear fire.
    Putin is increasingly cornered and desperate dictator without any options.

    Such people rarely make any good decisions.

  20. #23840
    The Lightbringer Hansworst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Schiedam, the Netherlands
    Posts
    3,346
    Please, please, don't go YUPPIE on us.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •