10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feltima View Post
    You think Europe would be fine after being hit by tens to hundreds of 50-100+ megaton warheads? A 50-megaton nuke has a blast radius of about 22 miles.

Yeah, Moscow will be glass, but so will London, Paris, Warsaw, Brussels, and many more.

Terrifying times we're in when folks think that's worth it. Europe would be economically decimated from this for decades, famine would run rampant, and the consequences of radiation for survival would be terrible.

Well, that's one way to solve global warming, I guess.
    Ok first of all, NONE of the russian nukes come even close to 50-100 megatons. The TSAR bomba the largest nuke EVER build and used was 50 megaton, it was so big that it would be impossible to launch it with any rocket that russia has.
    No country on earth has any nukes that come even close to that 100 megaton yield.
    The biggest nuke that the US have ever tested and made was 15 megatons (Castle Bravo).

The largest bomb currently in service in the U.S. nuclear arsenal is the B83, with a maximum yield of 1.2 megatons.
    Last edited by Torched; 2022-10-05 at 09:13 AM.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Sigh...

If it ever came to nuclear warfare like that, the sides of the conflict would not target each others civilian centers. They literally can't afford to waste nukes doing that. They would target the launchers to take out the others nuclear capability. And 1 nuke to do that per target is not enough, if they are bunkers deep under earth. Some nukes will be duds as well, so you need to put even more per target.

Modern nukes are not tsar bombas. No, they are much, much smaller. Because they are accurate, there is no need for big booms. You'd probably need upwards a hundred to take down a very large civilian center with these. Also, radiation from nuclear weapons doesn't last very long. It's like days or weeks.
    Right, that was my point about the US not having any civilian centers targeted, however, I was under the impression that European cities aren't that distant from launchers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Ohh my fucking god I want people whose knowledge on nukes is based on the Fallout series to leave.
    The Belogrod supposedly has 6 100 megaton "posideon torpedoes". Aint nobody said anything about radiation poisoning the waters for decades and mutant cows, however, an irridated tsunami sweeping London is a nightmare.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    Ok first of all, NONE of the russian nukes come even close to 50-100 megatons. The TSAR bomba the largest nuke EVER build and used was 50 megaton, it was so big that it would be impossible to launch it with any rocket that russia has.
    No country on earth has any nukes that come even close to that 100 megaton yield.
    The biggest nuke that the US have ever tested and made was 15 megatons (Castle Bravo).

The largest bomb currently in service in the U.S. nuclear arsenal is the B83, with a maximum yield of 1.2 megatons.
    https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-...drone-28150436

10+ Year Old Account
    Right, that was my point about the US not having any civilian centers targeted, however, I was under the impression that European cities aren't that distant from launchers.
    Irrelevant. Even if there were no nukes in European countries, they are still part of NATO. And US is part of NATO. Ergo, US is not sitting it's thumb up it's butt. Meaning nukes are reserved for US targets.
    Last edited by Santti; 2022-10-05 at 09:19 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

The Belogrod supposedly has 6 100 megaton "posideon torpedoes". Aint nobody said anything about radiation poisoning the waters for decades and mutant cows, however, an irridated tsunami sweeping London is a nightmare.

- - - Updated - - -

........... ah yes the "super uber doomsday weapon" that is suppose to cause radioactive Tsunamis, if you believe that shit actually works... I have a bridge to sell you in Kherson (totally not blown up I promise)
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Those are torpedoes you absolute chicken little, not to mention that there's some serious questions about the feasibility of them. russia's "normal" missile launched nukes are mostly under the 1 megaton range, and the reason they are is because russia's nukes are inaccurate, the US ones have a lower yield on average but are more accurate meaning their yield ends up where they want.

Irrelevant. Even if there were no nukes in European countries, they are still part of NATO. And US is part of NATO. Ergo, US is not sitting it's thumb up it's butt. Meaning nukes are reserved for US targets.
    I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you're saying. Are you saying that RU would prioritize strategic targets in US, or that the US would also nuke Russia as well per article 5?

If the latter, there's no question about that, but there's no guarantee the US would strike RU before they launch, and they have first strike advantage right now thanks to the hypersonic missiles, we don't have a counter for hypersonic missiles yet.

https://www.military.com/equipment/w...een-radar.html

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    ........... ah yes the "super uber doomsday weapon" that is suppose to cause radioactive Tsunamis, if you believe that shit actually works... I have a bridge to sell you in Kherson (totally not blown up I promise)
    See, you don't know that. That's your opinion, I'd rather not find out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    Those are torpedoes you absolute chicken little, not to mention that there's some serious questions about the feasibility of them. russia's "normal" missile launched nukes are mostly under the 1 megaton range, and the reason they are is because russia's nukes are inaccurate, the US ones have a lower yield on average but are more accurate meaning their yield ends up where they want.

It used to be reasonable to not want to go to nuclear war, nothing chicken little about that.

A torpedo can still strike a coast, and we do not know how effective the weapon would be, till it happens. Maybe it's a nothing burger, maybe a coastal city like London is engulfed in a 1600 ft irridated tsunami.
    Last edited by Feltima; 2022-10-05 at 09:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you're saying. Are you saying that RU would prioritize strategic targets in US, or that the US would also nuke Russia as well per article 5?

If the latter, there's no question about that, but there's no guarantee the US would strike RU before they launch, and they have first strike advantage right now thanks to the hypersonic missiles, we don't have a counter for hypersonic missiles yet.

https://www.military.com/equipment/w...een-radar.html
    Sigh, the Russian wonderweapons. Yeah, I'm not worried. Sorry. We've seen how some of them have fared in Ukraine.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Sigh, the Russian wonderweapons. Yeah, I'm not worried. Sorry. We've seen how some of them have fared in Ukraine.
    You don't have to apologize to me. I hope you're all right, Russia is just a paper tiger, and this is all over soon.

If there is one consistent thing about all the wunderwaffe that Russia keeps boasting about, it is that it works far below claims, if it works at all. Just look at the Armarta, the su57, the s400 and everything else.

5+ Year Old Account
    You think Europe would be fine after being hit by tens to hundreds of 50-100+ megaton warheads? A 50-megaton nuke has a blast radius of about 22 miles.

Yeah, Moscow will be glass, but so will London, Paris, Warsaw, Brussels, and many more.

Terrifying times we're in when folks think that's worth it. Europe would be economically decimated from this for decades, famine would run rampant, and the consequences of radiation for survival would be terrible.

Well, that's one way to solve global warming, I guess.

00:46

You don't have to apologize to me. I hope you're all right, Russia is just a paper tiger, and this is all over soon.
    For more than a decade I've seen varied Russian posters talk about this or that Russian super weapon which is so far more advanced than anything NATO has. ALL of them were duds so far. Most never became operational, those that did definitely did not match "expectations" (propaganda). The latest nuclear rumor was about those Poseidon torpedos which if they ever work were not even supposed to be operational for several more years yet suddenly they have many of them ready to fire.

Without the ability to blackmail Europe over gas, all that Russia has left is the nuclear threat. So I get you might actually be scared of it but you really should get used to it because most of their propaganda in the coming days will be variations on that theme.

Hmf...Russia's nukes are likely more dangerous to Russia.

The nuke torpedo is technically a drone and has never even been tested.

You guys are still playing into putin and his threats by obsessing over nukes. There's a reason the pro-russia people here wants to keep it as a subject. They are paid to spread fear and end our Ukraine support after all. They do not want to die like everyone else. They want to win, but will take a loss if no other choice. Keep THAT in mind. >.<

You lot are just playing into what the ones who owns the news agencies obsessing over nukes and russia wants.

His threats aren't new. The end.

Here's a good video on what he's trying to make you do:
    Last edited by Voidism; 2022-10-05 at 10:15 AM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hey now, gotta give the Russian paid trolls something that they can show to their bosses otherwise they’ll end like poor shackler and sent to the front lines as cannon fodder.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustedsaint View Post
    Hey now, gotta give the Russian paid trolls something that they can show to their bosses otherwise they’ll end like poor shackler and sent to the front lines as cannon fodder.
    Seriously, I wonder if he was... O_O

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidism View Post
    No he isnt:
    https://twitter.com/shalcker/status/...diUHC7fmQ&s=19

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidism View Post
    Pavel doesn't seem to have been conscripted to the frontlines yet, with him still spending time on Twitter making the same sort of messages he used to on here, although that might just be a matter of time as Russian manpower needs grow more dire.

Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    Not going anywhere near that but I imagine he is having trouble coping with the collapse of the Russian army.

The latest hardware being sent to Ukraine includes more High Mobility Artillery Rocket Systems

The US's decision to send more military aid to Ukraine "increases the danger of a direct military clash" between Russia and the West, Moscow has warned.

Russia's ambassador to the US, Anatoly Antonov, said it was an "immediate threat" to Moscow, describing the US as "a participant of the conflict".

Earlier, the US announced another $625m (£547m) in military aid to Ukraine.

Advanced US weaponry has been credited with helping Ukraine build momentum against occupying Russian forces.

Ukrainian troops have made significant advances in the country's north-east and south in recent weeks.

The latest US hardware includes another four of the high-precision Himars multiple rocket systems.

In all, Washington has committed nearly $17bn in military support for Kyiv since Russian President Vladimir Putin invaded Ukraine on 24 February.