Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    Important to point out it is an anti-jewish nazi conspiracy theory (not sure if you did not know or just worded in an ambiguous way, but it is important to clarify; after all the procotols of zion come back on a yearly basis, even though they have proven to be fake 100 years ago...)
    Of course, I knew that it wasn't real - that's why I wrote that it was 'perceived' in that way. It seems Putin is building a similar myth around the fall of USSR and the Berlin wall.

However, I hadn't realized that the stab-in-the-back-myth seems to partially have been created as a deliberately attempt of blame-shifting by the German military (already during the surrender).
    Last edited by Forogil; 2022-10-07 at 09:02 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Kaleredar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Yes, as I said and you'll be arrested for "promoting" it and not for "being gay" legally speaking.
    It’s a distinction with zero meaning.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    The war aside, isn't it customary to invite any parties involved to an investigation? I mean when a plane goes down then there's usually the country it went down in, the company and the country the company is based involved, or am I wrong? If not then shouldn't russia or at least Gazprom be involved? (I know the assumption is that russia is the guilty party)
    No its not. An airplane going down usually if shared investigation, is due to either the investigative country lacking the resources ie. a NTSB.
    Also it is somewhat common to ask for expertice from abroad but in terms of the manufacturer like Airbus, Boing. Not the law enforcemts agencies of the country they happen to have their HQ based in.
    Acts of terror crashes are fairly often slightly different if alot of the casualties stem from one or two foreing countries.
    Air plane crashes are pretty niched examples and not at all applicable in the same basket as the Nord Stream sabotage.

Lets say an American company here in Sweden are suspected of breaking the law, then we dont invite US law enforces as default to participate in the investigation.
    Nor if said foregin company is the the target of a crime.
    Gazprom is a Russian company so Russia has no right to insigth in a Swedish criminal investigation. Obviously Russia can ask of being included but no right to be included.
    Ukraine’s government has officially registered the Moskva cruiser wreck on the Black Sea bottom as a national underwater cultural heritage site.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Yes, as I said and you'll be arrested for "promoting" it and not for "being gay" legally speaking.
    That's about as pointless to point out as "you'll be arrested for using drugs and not for possessing them".

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    As I understand it the reparations was only one part of it, the other was the dagger-in-back, i.e., that Germany surrendered when it was perceived as being far from losing. That combination is really bad.

The aftermath of WWII differed in both aspects.

(Another part was that Germany wasn't allowed to have heavy military equipment; such things are regularly circumvented in various ways.)
    One way of avoiding this if/when Ukraine wins is to not have Russia pay heavy reparations. Another is:
    That theory is largely based on propaganda and is considered one of the biggest cases of falsified history by actual historians. My point is: True or not, it wouldn't have mattered. Russians boldly claim they are doing war against NATO. We all are well aware it's not true. Doesn't change Russians from probably believing it. You're sitting on the other side of propaganda and it's quite interesting to witness it, innit?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post

I wish people stopped making this silly and demeaning argument. Zelensky is a short guy too.
    Yeah, but he owns his body. Whereas Putin runs around on practically high-heels cos he's a bitch still hiding in the closet. Which brings up a theory of mine, the bigger the homophobia, the gayer the guy. :P
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

For Putins 70th birthday, Lukashenko gave him...a tractor. Obviously he hasn't been following the memes.

Interestingly, his 'friend' Xi never sent him a message of congratulations even though 2 days ago he sent one to the president of Tajikistan for his 70th.

https://twitter.com/TUmarov/status/1...2GYDPlENcHpaFQ

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    For Putins 70th birthday, Lukashenko gave him...a tractor. Obviously he hasn't been following the memes.

Interestingly, his 'friend' Xi never sent him a message of congratulations even though 2 days ago he sent one to the president of Tajikistan for his 70th.

https://twitter.com/TUmarov/status/1...2GYDPlENcHpaFQ
    As I said earlier, if I didn't know any better I'd think it was a not so subtle dig.

Zelensky is a short guy too.
    Yeah, but he doesn't wear pumps to try to make himself look taller because he's an insecure manlet.

Being short is fine. Being tall is fine. Love who you are. But we are absolutely going to mock an insecure authoritarian for being a manlet and that has nothing to do with short kings. Short kings like Zelensky are kings.

I wish people stopped making this silly and demeaning argument. Zelensky is a short guy too.
    Zelensky is a short guy that does not pretend to be something he is not. Putin on the other hand is a shorty that lies about his own self worth and the perception of Russia as a whole. The only credit we could give Putin is that Russia was a culture built on lies before he even came to power.
    Last edited by Collegeguy; 2022-10-08 at 02:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

Being short is fine.
    whenever i see someones name trending on twitter for something controversial and im bored, i google their height if they are a man. If they are below 6ft i dont bother to learn anymore about it. Short people shouldn't be humored imo.

Something, possibly a train, is on fire on the Kerch bridge.

https://twitter.com/COUPSURE/status/...C2mPj5F0wXDVsw

Happy birthday putler.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Something, possibly a train, is on fire on the Kerch bridge.

https://twitter.com/COUPSURE/status/...C2mPj5F0wXDVsw

Happy birthday putler.
    What I don't get is why the bridge is still standing. Ukraine has submarines, why don't they just blow it up ?

Firing at the pillars underwater should cause it to collapse, no?

What I don't get is why the bridge is still standing. Ukraine has submarines, why don't they just blow it up ?

Firing at the pillars underwater should cause it to collapse, no?
    https://twitter.com/alphacentauriii/...01334537740288

Looks like with this post, it has partially collapsed.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    whenever i see someones name trending on twitter for something controversial and im bored, i google their height if they are a man. If they are below 6ft i dont bother to learn anymore about it. Short people shouldn't be humored imo.
    Sarcastic or not, saying things like that just makes the world a worse place.

Albert Einstein 5'7".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    Zelensky is a short guy that does not pretend to be something he is not. Putin on the other hand is a shorty that lies about his own self worth and the perception of Russia as a whole. The only credit we could give Putin is that Russia was a culture built on lies before he even came to power.
    It's estimated that Putin has over $500B squirreled away in various financial institutions and assets. He's been the President of Russian, in name or otherwise, for more than 20 years now.

Holy fuck, part of the bridge has collapsed. That is crippling for Russia's war effort. Bridges should not go down that easily.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    https://twitter.com/alphacentauriii/...01334537740288

Looks like with this post, it has partially collapsed.
    Ah well that's great.

https://twitter.com/samueloakford/st...08619150462977

https://twitter.com/RALee85/status/1578612605819662336

good shot of it. russians swimming in the winter challenge 2022 lets goo
    Last edited by jonnysensible; 2022-10-08 at 05:08 AM.

All evidence is pointing to this not being a missile strike but some form of sabotage.

Aaahahahaha. Good morning to everyone!

Last edited by Gabriel; 2022-10-08 at 06:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    So, I just lost my sleep...

I don't live in the US, so can you guys help me find some peace?

These articles are telling the truth, or are they just making this sh-- to get clicks?

"Nuclear 'Armageddon' at highest risk since 1962, Biden says; Russia blames NATO for rhetoric: Live updates"
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...es/8194683001/

"Biden warns world would face ‘Armageddon’ if Putin uses a tactical nuclear weapon in Ukraine"
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...pon-in-ukraine

I'm shaking rn, is this really happening?
    Putin is all bark and no bite. He won't fuck around and find out.

He'll keep making empty threats until he's either assassinated or dies of natural causes.
    Plenty of people have been holding their breath waiting for me to fail. I think they all suffocated years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    Just came here to remind people that the right has no moral conscious. If they ever try to morally scold you, it's not because they think what you're doing is wrong. Is because it's effective, and want to discourage you from doing it.