Russian positions in the southwest are beyond fucked if the rail portion is out of commission on any lengthier basis, which it might very well be with structural damage making heavy transports unsafe.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    All evidence is pointing to this not being a missile strike but some form of sabotage.
    Bomb truck maybe. Or commandos placing bombs on the bridge perhaps.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

this is the best view ive seen so far https://twitter.com/mr_gh0stly/statu...33691680894976

looks like a missile tho

this means more troops and ammo will have to go via Mariupol? and we have seen how happy HIMARS are when russian ammo and troops are forced to congregate.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    this is the best view ive seen so far https://twitter.com/mr_gh0stly/statu...33691680894976

looks like a missile tho

this means more troops and ammo will have to go via Mariupol? and we have seen how happy HIMARS are when russian ammo and troops are forced to congregate.
    My money is on sabotage by some conscripts. There are some reports it started with a bomb vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by Veggie50 View Post
    My money is on sabotage by some conscripts. There are some reports it started with a bomb vehicle.
    truck on the left defo goes up, but its a massive explosion.

The Lightbringer
    Quote Originally Posted by Veggie50 View Post
    Could be Partisans in the area as well, like whoever fucked up that Airfield a month ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    Could be Partisans in the area as well, like whoever fucked up that Airfield a month ago.
    Wasn't that actually one of Ukraine's Neptune missiles?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R-360_Neptune

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post

looks like a missile tho

It was the truck, but just how much explosives were packed on that thing? Jesus Christ that was a large explosion.

Early Russian response seems to be moskva all over again. Fuel truck caught fire, easily fixed, no structural damage.

Early Russian response seems to be moskva all over again. Fuel truck caught fire, easily fixed, no structural damage.
    No structural dmg LOL

The Lightbringer
    Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    Wasn't that actually one of Ukraine's Neptune missiles?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R-360_Neptune
    It's been a while but you think I'd remember the absolute absurdity of destroying a Russian air base with fucking' anti-warship munitions lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    True… I suppose it’s a question who has better access to explosives, the Russian army or partisans…

Yea… you got me there… i concede it’s probably partisans.

https://twitter.com/Liveuamap/status...38102083424257

Yeah, the rail line appears to still stand after the fire has gone out, but the real question is how safe it now is for heavy traffic without collapsing, it definitely isn't unscathed.

feels like a missile, the big explosion is from the fuel tanker train

they are saying truck bomb + fuel explosion tho

so in context :

>Kerch bridge blown up
    >Last railway connection is through Tokmak
    >Russian military bloggers yelling for weeks that Ukraine is gathering forces there.

Prepare to be pushed into the sea my russian friends :

Last edited by jonnysensible; 2022-10-08 at 07:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    if nato fires one bullet at russia, putin will throw 500 nukes at the west. theyve made it clear that any nato response is death.
    They made it clear about 30 other times they'd launch nukes, but then the things happened and the only things launched was more canon fodder.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    What I don't get is why the bridge is still standing. Ukraine has submarines, why don't they just blow it up ?
    I know i'm a bit late now that the bridge seems to be collapsing, but:

1. Anything worth blowing up is worth defending, meaning Russia has to put resources aside 24/7 to defend the bridge, which means they cannot aid any offensive action
    2. If Ukraine ever chooses to invade Crimea, the bridge is an easy escape route for russian soldiers.

Sun tzu, yadayada, give your enemy an escape route, because then they are more likely to run than fight to their death

So they finaly pulled the final card:

Realy a nice present for a Putins 70th

I got a felling in a few hours, the russan military will start to run away, since if they blow up the last part, there is no way to return home.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    So they finaly pulled the final card:

Realy a nice present for a Putins 70th

I got a felling in a few hours, the russan military will start to run away, since if they blow up the last part, there is no way to return home.
    Vehicle side is gone,train section is unusable because fire that hot for that long will de temper the rails making them soft and bendy and cause the concrete under them to fail as well,they'll need to fully replace all the affected spans before they can use it again,so Russian supply lines are proper fucked.

Wake up, check MMO, see lots of activity in this thread...

Kerch Bridge gone. Ok, a bit unexpected. Wonder what's next.

Holy shit I never saw a Ukraine victory as a possibility. This might just do it.