10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Or they got better drones?
    insert *why not both?* meme here
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

Ruzzia ain't even pretending not to be Nazis anymore.

Russan gets killed in this video (you been warned): Mod Edit: See OP Warning 2 and do not repost this.
    But man those drone operators seems to get more and more skilled the longer the war. Before that they could barely hit close to 2-3 m away from a solder, but now they hit directly on them.
    How the fuck is this major spam, when we literally have people in the thread happy after Ukraine citizens die from bomb attacks and remain untouched? @Rozz A lot of us have linked videos where people die, what is the limit on what is allowed death and what is not? Is it bodies visible as the cutoff? As someone who has linked police bodycam of shootings on this site, I am trying to get an idea if that is something I should not be doing.
    Last edited by Deus Mortis; 2022-10-18 at 02:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidism View Post
    Gulligt.

It's like you and I live in 2 different Sweden's lol

There's talk about a lot of things like shutting down stuff like swimming pools during winter to save the county money, and small things for regular people to reduce our consumption by up to 5 %. Hardly the end of the world. In a very worst case scenario we'll just stop exporting electricity - because that's the main cause of price hike. We have so much electricity here that we are the largest exporter atm.

Why even lie. It's such a cheap try. I'm almost disappointed.
    Guys like that having no interest in the truth isn't particularly surprising. I don't know where he's pulled that 13% number from, but gas makes up only about 2% of the Swedish energy mix, of which only about half of that 2% came from Russia before the war.

The energy prices soaring largely isn't connected to Sweden having had any illusions about making itself reliant on Russia for it's energy, but the rest of Europe's prior over-reliance on Russian gas and their adaption to cutting themselves off from it bleeding of on us.

Quote Originally Posted by Deus Mortis View Post
    How the fuck is this major spam, when we literally have people in the thread happy after Ukraine citizens die from bomb attacks and remain untouched? @Rozz A lot of us have linked videos where people die, what is the limit on what is allowed death and what is not? Is it bodies visible as the cutoff? As someone who has linked police bodycam of shootings on this site, I am trying to get an idea if that is something I should not be doing.
    I believe the lack of warning for graphic content is what "OP Warning 2" refers to. It however, doesn't say anything about posting it with a warning/under spoiler tags or something. But now, I guess it's not allowed to be posted, for reasons...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Guys like that having no interest in the truth isn't particularly surprising. I don't know where he's pulled that 13% number from, but gas makes up only about 2% of the Swedish energy mix, of which only about half of that 2% came from Russia before the war.

The energy prices soaring largely isn't connected to Sweden having had any illusions about making itself reliant on Russia for it's energy, but the rest of Europe's prior over-reliance on Russian gas and their adaption to cutting themselves off from it bleeding of on us.
    I mean his utterly ridiculous 10k euros/USD a year for electricity costs is just so fucking absurd ass-pull number. For me personally, 10k euro yearly bill would mean my electricity bill would suddenly become 33 times more expensive. At that level of conspiracy trolling, it's not even intellectual dishonesty, it's just taking a piss on the forum mod tolerance.
    ----
    EDIT: I looked at a random, but reputable electricity company in Finland, for their hourly prices for what we call "stock electricity", hourly-changing prices depending on the stock market - at highest today - it would cost 28,51 eurocents per kWh. Most people absolutely DO NOT have a stock price contract for a good reason, instead, they have a fixed price contract that they still possibly have from pre-February times.

So this is barely legit to compare to, as people normally do not have this kind of contracts here - but with Strawberry's claim, it would mean that prices for stock electricity would have to increase 6 times higher than today at the height - to around 175 eurocents/kWh, and STAY that way, 24/7. This is practically impossible, as stock electricity prices vary depending on the hour, as people use most electricity during mornings (according to the price graph).
    ----
    And we assume the heightened bills would be looked from a perspective of a private individual, not a ice hockey hall owner (just a wild example from Finland - they have vastly different kinds of electricity usage). Ergo, the guy just, as always, makes so wild claims that even Alex Jones would be considered a champion of truth. And then promptly fucks off, never even intending to back up his claims or defend them. We'll see him next time when Russia does more genocide
    Last edited by Saradain; 2022-10-18 at 04:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    I believe the lack of warning for graphic content is what "OP Warning 2" refers to. It however, doesn't say anything about posting it with a warning/under spoiler tags or something. But now, I guess it's not allowed to be posted, for reasons...

- - - Updated - - -

I mean his utterly ridiculous 10k euros/USD a year for electricity costs is just so fucking absurd ass-pull number. For me personally, 10k euro yearly bill would mean my electricity bill would suddenly become 33 times more expensive. At that level of conspiracy trolling, it's not even intellectual dishonesty, it's just taking a piss on the forum mod tolerance.

And we assume the heightened bills would be looked from a perspective of a private individual, not a ice hockey hall owner (just a wild example from Finland - they have vastly different kinds of electricity usage). Ergo, the guy just, as always, makes so wild claims that even Alex Jones would be considered a champion of truth. And then promptly fucks off, never even intending to back up his claims or defend them. We'll see him next time when Russia does more genocide
    Heating is electric a lot of the time in Sweden, that 10k number isn't that unrealistic with recent prices when you also have to include heating under that for a house.

Heating is electric a lot of the time in Sweden, that 10k number isn't that unrealistic with recent prices when you also have to include heating under that for a house.
    I edited my previous post to add examples of the pricing. Don't you really have something called "district heating" as main source of heating? In Finland, electricity-based heating is definitely not the norm, for obvious reasons to us.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/District_heating

Sweden
    Sweden has a long tradition for using district heating (fjärrvärme) in urban areas. In 2015, about 60% of Sweden's houses (private and commercial) were heated by district heating, according to the Swedish association of district heating.[101] The city of Växjö reduced its CO2 emissions from fossil fuels by 34% from 1993 to 2009.[102] This was to achieved largely by way of biomass fired district heating.[103] Another example is the plant of Enköping, combining the use of short rotation plantations both for fuel as well as for phytoremediation.[104]

47% of the heat generated in Swedish district heating systems are produced with renewable bioenergy sources, as well as 16% in waste-to-energy plants, 7% is provided by heat pumps, 10% by flue-gas condensation and 6% by industrial waste heat recovery. The remaining are mostly fossil fuels: oil (3%), natural gas (3%), peat (2%), and coal (1%).[105][106]
    - - - Updated - - -

Found this.

https://www.sei.org/publications/swe...ul-transition/

Today, district heating delivers more than 50% of the heat in the building stock, compared with about 6% across the EU. Another 20 to 25% of the heat is generated from electricity, much of it through heat pumps. Overall, Sweden has the highest share of renewable energy for heating in the EU, and its experience could provide useful insights for low-carbon transitions in other countries.
    Yeah, I'm confident in calling Strawberry's utter bullcrap out. Also still missing all the sources for his claims. Anyone in Sweden able to confirm that your main media outlets are backing up this 10k euro yearly bill?

Also, same article:

In terms of energy for heating, the share of fossil fuels is now below 5%. This has been achieved by removing oil and other fossil fuels for heating in both detached homes and blocks of flats over the past 50 years. Fossil fuel energy has been replaced by both district heating and electricity through resistive heating and heat pumps, which provide up to 75% of the energy demand for heating in buildings.

No comment necessary. The article speaks for itself.

China dumps dud chips on Russia

The failure rate of semiconductors shipped from China to Russia has increased by 1,900 percent in recent months, according to Russian national business daily Коммерсантъ (Kommersant).…

Quoting an anonymous source, Kommersant states that before Russia's illegal invasion of Ukraine the defect rate in imported silicon was two percent. Since that war commenced, Russian manufacturers are faced with 40 percent failure rates.

Even a two percent defect rate is sub-optimal, because products made of many components can therefore experience considerable quality problems. Forty percent failure rates mean supplies are perilously close to being unfit for purpose.

According to Kommersant, Russian electronics manufacturers are not enjoying life at all because, on top of high failure rates, gray market gear doesn't flow with the same speed as legit kit and supply chains are currently very kinked indeed inside Russia.

The newspaper lays the blame on economic sanctions that have seen many major businesses quit Russia. Gray market distributors and other opportunistic operators have been left as the only entities willing to deal with Russian businesses.

Gray market folks are not renowned for their sterling customer service nor their commitment to quality. They get away with it because buyers of products with – ahem – unconventional origins self-incriminate if they complain to authorities.

Perhaps they're even dumping dud product on Russian buyers, knowing that they can't easily access alternatives.

If 40 percent of silicon sourced from China is indeed kaput, it's an interesting expression of the "friendship without limits" that Moscow and Beijing declared in February 2022. It's also an oddity, given China's oft-stated ambition to crush corruption, modernize its economy, and focus only on quality development of world-leading products.

China has used diplomatic language that makes it plain it does not entirely approve of Russia's illegal invasion of Ukraine – but the Middle Kingdom also doesn't entirely mind Russia's international isolation. It means Chinese companies' export prospects improve at a time when most of the world's liberal democracies have shut the door on Huawei, ZTE, and other high-tech Chinese companies.

Moscow, meanwhile, needs to pump out more kit to sustain its illegal invasion. Semiconductors are a critical element of that effort, so if failure rates are high whoever is sending dodgy products to Russia is hampering the not-a-war effort.

5+ Year Old Account
    You have never been allowed to have videos of people clearly killing each other within your post. It has always been preferred that if graphic material is relevant to the conversation, you link to the video/post for those willing to see. The good majority of you already do this and that is appreciated. The OP warning can be rephrased for more clarity, but use your better judgement and discretion when you choose to share.

Spoiler tags are fine if used properly, but there is a limit to what mods or admins may permit to be within the comment itself. Showing people dying on screen is one of those. The point is to give some leniency, but to be mindful of posters'/readers' differing abilities to handle such material.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Appreciate the clarity.

10+ Year Old Account
    I edited my previous post to add examples of the pricing. Don't you really have something called "district heating" as main source of heating? In Finland, electricity-based heating is definitely not the norm, for obvious reasons to us.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/District_heating

- - - Updated - - -

Found this.

https://www.sei.org/publications/swe...ul-transition/

Yeah, I'm confident in calling Strawberry's utter bullcrap out. Also still missing all the sources for his claims. Anyone in Sweden able to confirm that your main media outlets are backing up this 10k euro yearly bill?

Also, same article:
    https://www.eon.se/el/elforbrukning

Use translate, but the general number from a major producer of electricity here has a house with primarily electric heating pegged at an average of 25 000 kw/h a year excluding other uses of electricity in a home. Do the math on that when you're also being charged the equivalent of 30-40 eurocents per kw/h by now even in the warmer months of the year.

Granted, this is all moot if the newly elected government actually proceeds with their election promise plans to have the state eat a significant portion of that for regular people like Norway does, but I'm not going to give them credit for that until they've actually presented the details in full of what they're going to do to achieve that, and what eligibility will be shaped like, with it being a right wing leaning government entering.
    Last edited by zealo; 2022-10-18 at 09:07 AM. Reason: Realised later I derped on the math myself a bit

so russia has gone for full attacks on cities and infrastructure, to punish civilians and make them live without water and electricity. Total war.

Ukraine just finished its prototype drone with 1000km range and a warhead of 75kg. Hopefully they bang back and test Moscows air defense.

https://www.eon.se/el/elforbrukning

Use translate, but the general number from a major producer of electricity here has a house with primarily electric heating pegged at an average of 25 000 kw/h a year excluding other uses of electricity in a home. Do the math on that when you're also being charged the equivalent of 3-4 euros per kw/h by now even in the warmer months of the year.

Granted, this is all moot if the newly elected government actually proceeds with their election promise plans to have the state eat a significant portion of that for regular people like Norway does, but I'm not going to give them credit for that until they've actually presented the details in full of what they're going to do to achieve that, and what eligibility will be shaped like, with it being a right wing leaning government entering.
    Gotta ask, what kind of mansions do people live in if kWh price is 3-4 euros (300-400 eurocents!) all around the clock? I myself obviously don't live in a "villa", but an apartment in middle of the city, and I pay 5-6 eurocents per kWh as a constant. I get it many live in a house of their own, but that doesn't sound right. But yeah, since you mention actual electric heating, it's gonna suck. But is it literally a problem (and main heating method) for a vast majority of people living in Sweden?

Edit: To go back on the 25000 kWh a year. A villa definitely doesn't look like a normal average Joe's home.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Villa

Had to go to wikipedia for that, and the picture certainly doesn't match how the vast majority of northern europeans live.
    Last edited by Saradain; 2022-10-18 at 07:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gotta ask, what kind of mansions do people live in if kWh price is 3-4 euros (300-400 eurocents!) all around the clock? I myself obviously don't live in a "villa", but an apartment in middle of the city, and I pay 5-6 eurocents per kWh as a constant. I get it many live in a house of their own, but that doesn't sound right. But yeah, since you mention actual electric heating, it's gonna suck. But is it literally a problem (and main heating method) for a vast majority of people living in Sweden?

Edit: To go back on the 25000 kWh a year. A villa definitely doesn't look like a normal average Joe's home.

Had to go to wikipedia for that, and the picture certainly doesn't match how the vast majority of northern europeans live.
    Most people here don't buy their electricity by the hourly rate, granted it exists as an option, but having your final bill be based on the monthly average is the more common one by far. That's around where it is hovering at currently, granted slightly lower for September than August with cables to Poland undergoing maintenance.

Also, I said house specifically because villa has a more narrow connotation in English than it does in Swedish general vernacular, where it also gets used for far more modestly sized buildings than that image.
    Last edited by zealo; 2022-10-18 at 07:34 AM.

Most people here don't buy their electricity by the hourly rate, granted it exists as an option, but having your final bill be based on the monthly average is the more common one by far. That's around where it is hovering at currently, granted slightly lower for September than August with cables to Poland undergoing maintenance.

Also, I said house specifically because villa has a more narrow connotation in English than it does in Swedish vernacular, where it also gets used for far more modestly sized buildings than that image.
    Yeah that is the type of electricity contracts I was speaking about. But your price per kWh sounds absurd for a normal contract like this. Right now, finnish companies only sell by hourly stock-based rate for new customers, and even that type of deal is way cheaper than 3-4 euros per kWh. To a point that hourly, ever-changing rate is considered considerably, horribly expensive. Can't really wrap my head around those numbers, after all - if you are charged per usage, and live in an apartment, I'd say you got scammed big time when paying 63 times more than I ever would.

But yeah, your website says villa in both swedish and english, and the finnish translation most definitely translates into something only the wealthy could own. And swedish website using the swedish word "villa" implies they really mean a villa, not "småhus".

Either way, I need to start researching the energy sector of Sweden at this rate when neighbouring civilized nations have this kind of difference.
    Last edited by Saradain; 2022-10-18 at 07:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah that is the type of electricity contracts I was speaking about. But your price per kWh sounds absurd for a normal contract like this. Right now, finnish companies only sell by hourly stock-based rate for new customers, and even that type of deal is way cheaper than 3-4 euros per kWh. To a point that hourly, ever-changing rate is considered considerably, horribly expensive. Can't really wrap my head around those numbers, after all - if you are charged per usage, and live in an apartment, I'd say you got scammed big time when paying 63 times more than I ever would.

But yeah, your website says villa in both swedish and english, and the finnish translation most definitely translates into something only the wealthy could own. And swedish website using the swedish word "villa" implies they really mean a villa, not "småhus".

Either way, I need to start researching the energy sector of Sweden at this rate when neighbouring civilized nations have this kind of difference.
    These prices aren't normal on a more long term perspective, that's why it's a cost of living crisis prompting government intervention. Like, the prices were down at around 1 eurocent in all 4 regions here just recently when cables to the rest of Europe were out temporarily, but that's just a temporary blip when their prices bleeds of on us and their underlying issue is still there.
    Last edited by zealo; 2022-10-18 at 09:11 AM.

These prices aren't normal on a more long term perspective, that's why it's a cost of living crisis prompting government intervention. Like, the prices were down at around 10 eurocents in all 4 regions here just recently when cables to the rest of Europe were out temporarily, but that's just a temporary blip when their prices bleeds of on us and their underlying issue is still there.
    More the reason to permanently erase Russia from the energy equation then - no more blackmailing, no more dependency

A temporary bump in the road, whileas Russia is going to have more metaphorical potholes than actual road.

I mean I wouldn't call our family home a Villa but we spend just under 12kWh annually. We produce more through solar shingles though to the point that this winter we will be replacing central heating with an HVAC system to cut down further on fossil fuels and then we'll see if we still have surplus to start powering vehicles as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    More the reason to permanently erase Russia from the energy equation then - no more blackmailing, no more dependency

A temporary bump in the road, whileas Russia is going to have more metaphorical potholes than actual road.
    Well the middle east will blackmail us even more now (they already raised prices on oil once recently).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_gas_in_Qatar

Russa could poke Iran to stop the suppy as there is not much distance.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Well the middle east will blackmail us even more now (they already raised prices on oil once recently).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_gas_in_Qatar

Russa could poke Iran to stop the suppy as there is not much distance.
    One problem at a time, god damn it!

https://www.rigzone.com/news/can_eur...69929-article/

Earlier this month, Rystad Energy Analyst Karolina Siemieniuk highlighted that 27 European Union countries agreed on July 26 to reduce gas demand by 15 percent from 1 August 2022 to 31 March 2023, compared with their average consumption in the same period of the years 2016 to 2021, which the analyst said amounts to about 42.5 bcm of gas.

“Only Hungary is still opposing the plan and stated earlier this month it was not going to export fuel to other countries in the bloc,” Siemieniuk stated in a market note sent to Rigzone.
    Next stop, Hungary. I believe the EU is already readied to leverage Hungary in case they forget which side they are on.

I do not know how many EU countries rely on gas for things like heating (in case of Finland, less than 10% of the households use gas for heating), but we'll get there. As per the same article I scrounged:

“The leverage available to Russia from jeopardizing the remaining 20 percent of Nord Stream flows appears limited, in our view. The situation has been further improved by news that the Freeport LNG facility is likely to reopen earlier than expected, possibly restoring full production as early as October and providing a significant offset should the remaining Nord Stream flows disappear,” the analysts stated in the report.
    And that Freeport facility being the one in US that recently got hit by a fire. And since the article is from August, thanks to Russia generously shutting the whole pipeline down (with a dash of propaganda of a problem they "cannot fix")...and the whole Russia sabotaging the pipeline with explosives, Nord Stream flow going to zero - as per very fresh news from Copenhagen police:

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe...ks-2022-10-18/

COPENHAGEN, Oct 18 (Reuters) - A preliminary investigation of damages to the two Nord Stream gas pipelines in the Danish part of the Baltic Sea shows that the leaks were caused by "powerful explosions", Copenhagen Police said in a statement on Tuesday.
    The rest behind a paywall I forgot how to go around (someone help pls).