Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Well, yes, since Russia will invade again (and lie about it and you will keep denying it here) in case they tried to solve it via force (which Ukraine can do). "Republics" cannot exist without Russia backing them.

Good that you know that... Radicals have either been killed (Possibly by all three sides in this conflict. Ironic.) or removed from power. Which does bring the secondary question as to why even mention Ukraine's ones in the first place, knowing that both sides have sidelined their extremists?
    Because they are example of "successful re-integration of armed extremists" you claimed to be impossible for Ukraine in Donbass. It is perfectly possible if you give them amnesty; some will re-integrate, some will just move to Russia.

Ah yes, month long training with no one really training. Shalcker. We may be dumb, but we are not that dumb.
    Why would noone train even in run-up of invasion? You got to get soldiers busy.

I think it's crazy when I started this thread, it was just dismissed as fearmongering or conspiracy theorist, but we're really on the verge right now
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    I think it's crazy when I started this thread, it was just dismissed as fearmongering or conspiracy theorist, but we're really on the verge right now
    Well, it's what you've asked for.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    How are we on the verge now? didn't they just send 10k away from the border?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Well, it's what you've asked for.
    yes. it is. I never expressed disappointment, just shock it became real.

And to the person that said Putin's withdrawal of troops implies otherwise, the man has crossed a red line with his daily threats and actions lately. If he pussies out, his shaky image of strength in Russia is going to shatter like glass. He now has little choice but to go through with his plans after withholding gas from the EU during winter out of spite.

And then, two paths leading to the same outcome will happen:

1. Putin conquers Ukraine but no one lifts a finger; Xi Jinping takes the hint and invades Taiwan. They congregate on the US after and WW3 happens.

2. Putin is intercepted in his invasion or sanctioned to oblivion; WW3 happens.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

And to the person that said Putin's withdrawal of troops implies otherwise, the man has crossed a red line with his daily threats and actions lately. If he pussies out, his shaky image of strength in Russia is going to shatter like glass. He now has little choice but to go through with his plans after withholding gas from the EU during winter out of spite.

1. Putin conquers Ukraine but no one lifts a finger; Xi Jinping takes the hint and invades Taiwan. They congregate on the US after and WW3 happens.

Lol you live in a interesting fantasy land
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

I mean, you're the one who loves "Strong men" who want to murder and kill.

This is the idiocy of it all, Putin is EXACTLY what you say you want.

You're on the side of murderers.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I mean, you're the one who loves "Strong men" who want to murder and kill.

This is the idiocy of it all, Putin is EXACTLY what you say you want.

You're on the side of murderers.
    well putin is a dictator of a despotic regime that is enemy to my country

you can have a strong leader like him in a democracy without trying to subvert free will, though. We don't have that in america right now. But if shit goes down, maybe we'll find such a leader (subjective)

you can have a strong leader like him in a democracy without trying to subvert free will, though. We don't have that in america right now. But if shit goes down, maybe we'll find such a leader (subjective)
    Which is exactly what you've said you wanted.

You want a murderous tyrant, because you consider that more manly.

Nah, fuck that, I hope you never get the Putin that you want.

There are no laws that say you aren't allowed to move to Russia if that's your issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Ah yes, the suicidal Ukrainians are all retards and want to go zerg rush the Donetsk.
    You would be surprised... It is not that Ukrainians are suicidal. But current Ukrainian leadership definitely prefers the zerg rush option no matter how bloody that might be. In case you did not know, starting from 2022 (correction - 17 December 2021, so basically this order is already active) all Ukrainian women between 21 and 60 will be eligible for a military draft and be forced to serve front line duty if there are not enough bodies. All women of eligible ages now have to be registered with the military, and if they want to work or study, military registration will be required. This registration process should be finished by 2023 and after that unspecified "sanctions" will be applied to those who did not comply.
    Something tells me that if shit hits the fan, Zelensky (Ukraine's current president), who dodged draft himself by the way, will be the same as the previous puppet Poroshenko and find himself cruising between Turkey, Poland and Israel, giving angry interviews to BBC and such about how unfair life is, and that he is forced to force these suicidal attacks.
    Last edited by Gaaz; 2021-12-27 at 04:05 AM.

“WW3 happens” is more than 70 years old now. Neither Ukraine nor Taiwan will be a catalyst, if it ever happens.

Who set this imaginary red line exactly?
    Wouldn't be the first time for US to walk back from any "red line" either.

Noone is withholding gas either - EU currently isn't making new orders to GazProm. They received all volumes they had contract for.

Moldavia signed new contract, paid what they owed, and got their gas - at long-term below-market prices; as did Hungary.

Germany even uses reverse flow to Poland to sell some GazProm gas at current inflated prices (which they would be unable to do if they would contract some more gas from GazProm through Ukrainian direction).

Have you seen what happened in 2014?
    Why exactly do you think everyone is in better position now to either:
    "sanction to oblivion"
    - with a lot of sanctions already up and everyone prepared for countermeasures as no new unexpected sanctions are in sight?
    or "start WW3"
    - what, just nuke each other over Ukraine? Really?
    - Intercept 200-300k troops with what exactly? Do you see US troops surge to Europe? Did Biden commit to defend Ukraine with any military action?
    Last edited by Shalcker; 2021-12-27 at 06:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaaz View Post
    You would be surprised... It is not that Ukrainians are suicidal. But current Ukrainian leadership definitely prefers the zerg rush option no matter how bloody that might be. In case you did not know, starting from 2022 (correction - 17 December 2021, so basically this order is already active) all Ukrainian women between 21 and 60 will be eligible for a military draft and be forced to serve front line duty if there are not enough bodies. All women of eligible ages now have to be registered with the military, and if they want to work or study, military registration will be required. This registration process should be finished by 2023 and after that unspecified "sanctions" will be applied to those who did not comply.
    Something tells me that if shit hits the fan, Zelensky (Ukraine's current president), who dodged draft himself by the way, will be the same as the previous puppet Poroshenko and find himself cruising between Turkey, Poland and Israel, giving angry interviews to BBC and such about how unfair life is, and that he is forced to force these suicidal attacks.
    This sounds about the same level as Yuppie's WW3 is coming. Sorry, but no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Again, this is not about Ukraine, it's about NATO. The levels of NATO paranoia, are reaching a new level in Russia. I have many decades to hear the Russian leadership talking openly about a conflict. They as if they are preparing their masses for it with lots of articles like this:

Russian Defence Ministry: NATO Preparing for Large-Scale High-Intensity Conflict With Moscow

Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    Again, this is not about Ukraine, it's about NATO. The levels of NATO paranoia, are reaching a new level in Russia. I have many decades to hear the Russian leadership talking openly about a conflict. They as if they are preparing their masses for it with lots of articles like this:

Russian Defence Ministry: NATO Preparing for Large-Scale High-Intensity Conflict With Moscow
    Not good.

It would seem Russia is either preparing another border-change (likely a minor one) or they are merely using the imagined threat to create nationalistic feelings (the usual rallying around the flag to distract from the actual problems). The problem with the latter is that it can get out of hand and escalate even if it weren't the intention.

how much of a military threat is Russia on its own (not counting the fact Axis ally China will side with them). Sometimes people say they are a menace, other times a pest with a civilian crisis on hand (i.e we cannot nuke Russia because of it)

how much of a military threat is Russia on its own (not counting the fact Axis ally China will side with them). Sometimes people say they are a menace, other times a pest with a civilian crisis on hand (i.e we cannot nuke Russia because of it)
    Russia is a major military power in every sense. Not a single country in Europe stands a chance against them and even if multiple EU countries gank up, still the results will be inconclusive.

From the other hand, Russia against NATO is another story. NATO has the upper hand in every domain and both sides know that.

I don't believe Russia is seeking a confrontation with anyone. They just see NATO as an existential threat and most likely they are paranoid about it, in a sense.

What makes me wonder, is that the current politics of the west when it comes to Russia, is basically pushing them in the hands of China, which is a very, very, bad thing for the western way of living.

In my opinion Russia should be engaged in a positive way, and even make allies of them at some point in time (when their government and society is ready). I know that this won't happen, but secretly i do have hopes (for them and every other country tbh)

Russia is a major military power in every sense. Not a single country in Europe stands a chance against them and even if multiple EU countries gank up, still the results will be inconclusive.
    If what you say is true and they are trying to take over Ukraine to further expand their power, I think NATO should just declare war before they are successful.

It doesn't add up why the West would not intervene in Ukraine if Russia invades if they're already such a military power, though.

If what you say is true and they are trying to take over Ukraine to further expand their power, I think NATO should just declare war before they are successful.

It doesn't add up why the West would not intervene in Ukraine if Russia invades if they're already such a military power, though.
    - Because NATO victory is not guaranteed even if they did intervene - while US is formidable in the water and can project power like noone else, whether or not US would be successful at attacking Russian shores is a different question entirely

- Because NATO is not an offensive alliance (e.g. countries are not automatically obliged to assist each other in an event of a war that was started by a NATO member) and convincing people to go die for a crappy country like Ukraine is a difficult proposition

- Because noone is ready for a nuclear conflict (which it will be if US attacks what Russia essentially considers their core territory)