Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    India only cares about the fact that the oil is cheap, not that it supports Russia.

that's immoral as fuck. A lot of analogies can be made with that context. But it doesn't really change the fact India is opportunistic regardless of consequences or sentiments.
    Last edited by YUPPIE; 2022-12-10 at 09:31 PM.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    that's immoral as fuck. A lot of analogies can be made with that context. But it doesn't really change the fact India is opportunistic regardless of consequences or sentiments.

How many times do we have to repeat? MORALITY HAS NO PLACE IN INTERNATIONAL DIPLOMACY. ONLY NATIONAL INTERESTS.

Nato selling what they're doing in Ukraine is helped by it being moral. Morality aside they would still be doing the exact same thing, just trying harder to sell it to their citizens.

Seems to have been a couple of major hits on russian barracks during the night, in Melitopol and Crimea. Casualties have been reported at both though no numbers yet. The one in Crimea reportedly housed thousands of mobiks and had been locked to prevent desertions.

https://mobile.twitter.com/NOELrepor...58989582102528

https://mobile.twitter.com/clashrepo...73814307020802

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Seems to have been a couple of major hits on russian barracks during the night, in Melitopol and Crimea. Casualties have been reported at both though no numbers yet. The one in Crimea reportedly housed thousands of mobiks and had been locked to prevent desertions.

https://mobile.twitter.com/NOELrepor...58989582102528

https://mobile.twitter.com/clashrepo...73814307020802
    Yeah that's horrible. Being locked in, unable to escape that.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

5+ Year Old Account
    while I don't want to cite the Daily Beast among other things, numerous credible sources similarly say some of the numerous rapists/killers Putin conscripted from prisons have murdered their commanding officers in "brutal fashion" before going MIA.
    I am shocked at this turn of events.

Shocked but happy.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    I am shocked at this turn of events.

Shocked but happy.
    there's nothing to celebrate about potentially dangerous criminals going AWOL, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    there's nothing to celebrate about potentially dangerous criminals going AWOL, though.
    Maybe Putin shouldn't have pulled them out of prison. Maybe he shouldn't have started this war in the first place.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Maybe Putin shouldn't have pulled them out of prison. Maybe he shouldn't have started this war in the first place.
    For once YUPPIE has a point: We don't want them AWOL and MIA in Ukraine, if they're in russia who cares, but I do care if they are in Ukraine.

The Melitopol strike seems to have hit a Wanker SS base. There is aftermath video out there which I won't share because of bodies but the place got hit hard. Lots of big fires, debris, bodies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    For once YUPPIE has a point: We don't want them AWOL and MIA in Ukraine, if they're in russia who cares, but I do care if they are in Ukraine.
    There probably are bad people in the there, but I have to wonder how many of them are just ordinary Russian citizens who protested the war?
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

the point is: bad people are let loose in the chaos. Don't forget Russia isn't discriminating or picky, they'll empty whole prisons to send to the battlefield right now, and they're planning on drafting teenagers from occupied territories.

https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2022/12/8/7379918/

the point is: bad people are let loose in the chaos. Don't forget Russia isn't discriminating or picky, they'll empty whole prisons to send to the battlefield right now, and they're planning on drafting teenagers from occupied territories.

https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2022/12/8/7379918/
    ...and? You think some guy in there for armed robbery or kidnapping, with no military training, is any more of a serious threat as any other conscript?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    ...and? You think some guy in there for armed robbery or kidnapping, with no military training, is any more of a serious threat as any other conscript?
    on civilians, yes. Especially when they're on the loose with guns.

Remember the guys that went AWOL reportedly started by brutally murdering their commanding officers, meaning they killed people with military training before fucking off.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Absolutely, 18 year old Timmy who was planning to go to university to study medicine but got drafted is probably less likely to be a dickhead than 30 year old Jimmy convicted for violent crimes with however many guns and grenades he can steal before going AWOL.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    But this was Russia not Malaysia (or Singapore to take a really non-corrupt country with harsh laws against ganja) - and mere possession of the amount she had (less than a gram) would normally just be a slap on the wrist, or more likely a good way for the police extract a bribe
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabis_in_Russia
    https://cannadelics.com/2020/03/08/h...ion-in-russia/
    But irregular application of the law is part of the system in corrupt countries.
    It doesn't matter. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Especially as an American going to Russia of all places.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

on civilians, yes. Especially when they're on the loose with guns.

Remember the guys that went AWOL reportedly started by brutally murdering their commanding officers, meaning they killed people with military training before fucking off.
    You don't need to be some mastermind to shoot your CO in the back.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Ehh, she was a fucking retard for breaking the law in russia of all places, but I wouldn't wish time in russian prison for even the worst russiaboos on this forum.

And like I said earlier, the arms dealer should have been pushed out of a window instead if he was such bad of a person, rather than be kept locked up indefinitely.
    Oh, I don't wish Russian prison on anyone either. That Russia is clearly doing all kinds of shitty things to an American, including the worst prison imaginable, is a given. That's why I don't see a point in discussing that aspect of it. That Russia probably made up shit on the spot to get 9 years prison out of a joke like weed is also not worth discussing, except as I pointed out earlier, that countries like Malaysia have the death penalty, so... lucky her ignorance didn't show there, I guess?
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Oh, I don't wish Russian prison on anyone either. That Russia is clearly doing all kinds of shitty things to an American, including the worst prison imaginable, is a given. That's why I don't see a point in discussing that aspect of it. That Russia probably made up shit on the spot to get 9 years prison out of a joke like weed is also not worth discussing, except as I pointed out earlier, that countries like Malaysia have the death penalty, so... lucky her ignorance didn't show there, I guess?
    She was lucky indeed. Lets hope she learned something from this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    There probably are bad people in the there, but I have to wonder how many of them are just ordinary Russian citizens who protested the war?
    Depends, I doubt Wagner took those. I mean prigozhin allegedly wanted assault troopers, regular russians are not gonna cut in that scenario but hard criminals might.

Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    Considering there's still probably couple hundred thousand rapists and murderers loose in Ukraine, some being loose from prisons seems somewhat of a strange thing to be concerned of in the grand scheme of things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.