Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    Yeah. I don't want to spam links but since the other person wanted to cite more sources in case I'm cherry picking, the news of a preparing 200k-man assault on Kyiv for early 2023 is trending if you simply type Kyiv into Google right now.
    I don't think you comprehend how many people 200k is and how large the area that would cover.

Artillery and missiles would have a field day, the only part of them that makes it to Kyiv is the bits of flesh flying through the air after the impact.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    I don't think you comprehend how many people 200k is
    That estimate isn't fabricated or made by me; that is Ukraine's intel, what they cited:

Gen. Valeriy Zaluzhnyi, Ukraine’s top military leader, told the Economist that he believes Russia is mobilizing 200,000 new troops and could push to take Kyiv as soon as January.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

That estimate isn't fabricated or made by me; that is Ukraine's intel, what they cited:

Gen. Valeriy Zaluzhnyi, Ukraine’s top military leader, told the Economist that he believes Russia is mobilizing 200,000 new troops and could push to take Kyiv as soon as January.
    Paywall-free Economist article you so valiantly claim to cite.

https://archive.ph/AQkYD

Nope, doesn't match your twisted word bullshit.

Russia is massing men and arms for a new offensive. As soon as January, but more likely in the spring, it could launch a big attack from Donbas in the east, from the south or even from Belarus, a puppet state in the north. Russian troops will aim to drive back Ukrainian forces and could even stage a second attempt to take Kyiv, the capital.
    How come your direct quotes are nothing like the articles you claim to get them from? Wonder why you can't ever be honest? Could it be because you have no intent to even try to start an intellectual discussion?

Your posting has nothing to do with honesty or truth. A speculated attempt in your twisted mind becomes "push to take Kyiv".

15+ Year Old Account
    I want to honestly know where people get the notion Russia is at least running out of missiles or drones
    Reality, and not social media or video games?

Social media is one of least curated and most easily manipulated ways of disseminating information.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    How come your direct quotes are nothing like the articles you claim to get them from?
    https://www.politico.com/news/2022/1...raine-00074153

Last edited by YUPPIE; 2022-12-16 at 01:25 AM.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

Muscovy sent in 200k+ of its professional (somewhat) trained troops with their best gear in the first wave. While they did have some initial success, those troops got kicked out again and are dead or badly depleted. That includes the 1st Guards Tank Army, supposedly their best army unit which was meant to defeat NATO units attacking Moscow.

200k more semitrained, unmotivated mobiks in second hand gear older than they are is not nothing but isn't going to win anything. It's just meant to be a delaying tactic by throwing more bodies into the grinder in the hope the fearniks scream loud enough to reduce western support.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    in the hope the fearniks scream loud enough to reduce western support.
    well, yeah, that's their other tactic: they hope the West will get tired and stop providing arms. That's if they think they're not running out of arms/weapons altogether.

I think the Patriot missiles are going to be the heaviest shit we can send in a while
    Last edited by YUPPIE; 2022-12-16 at 02:25 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Can everyone stop responding to it and put it on ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by Slirith View Post
    I have tried but unfortunately people quote him so you end up reading his nonsense anyway.

Yuppie when you were a kid did you ever hear the story about Chicken Licken?
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Wealth inequality is here to stay, sometimes it's just how lifes cookie crumbles and all of society is better off for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    But from what I can see it is quite probable Æthelstan was the first Brexiteer, likely the Farage of his age seeing off the European continentals in the very first successful Brexit.

And deny ourselves of the free entertainment Yupiie provides? Seriously, I've been to comedy shows that didn't make me laugh as much as a Yuppie post.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    And deny ourselves of the free entertainment Yupiie provides? Seriously, I've been to comedy shows that didn't make me laugh as much as a Yuppie post.
    I just find it irritating to come to this thread and be like "Oh, couple of new pages" and it's just yuppie and fools replying to it.

I just find it irritating to come to this thread and be like "Oh, couple of new pages" and it's just yuppie and fools replying to it.
    unfortunately if you ignore the OP the entire thread goes missing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    unfortunately if you ignore the OP the entire thread goes missing.
    Still shows frequently enough on the Recent Forum Posts, on the front page. I find the compromise being good enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Still shows frequently enough on the Recent Forum Posts, on the front page. I find the compromise being good enough.
    I never seem to see anything from the politics subforum on there. Even when they're the most recent posts for some reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    I never seem to see anything from the politics subforum on there. Even when they're the most recent posts for some reason.
    Well, I did modify the forum filter to show nothing but off-topic threads in there, so that helps. Maybe your filter doesn't have politics on it? I have a very vague memory that it might be off by default.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

My tinfoil theory is that Putin knows he can't take Ukraine at this point and he is so fed up with Potato Putler, so that the buildup in Belarus is meant for subduing Belarus after Putin decides to annex it instead so he can sell it as a victory to the lemmings.

I mean... Surely he can't be stupid enough to try throwing even more meat into Ukraine?

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    My tinfoil theory is that Putin knows he can't take Ukraine at this point and he is so fed up with Potato Putler, so that the buildup in Belarus is meant for subduing Belarus after Putin decides to annex it instead so he can sell it as a victory to the lemmings.

I mean... Surely he can't be stupid enough to try throwing even more meat into Ukraine?
    Senior Ukrainian officials say Vladimir Putin is preparing for a major new offensive in the new year, despite a series of humiliating battlefield setbacks for Russia in recent months.

In an interview with the Guardian, Ukraine’s defence minister, Oleksii Reznikov, said that while Ukraine was now able to successfully defend itself against Russia’s missile attacks targeting key infrastructure, including the energy grid, evidence was emerging that the Kremlin was preparing a broad new offensive.

Reznikov’s comments echoed similar remarks made to the Economist this week – including from the Ukrainian president, Volodymyr Zelenskiy, the head of the armed forces, Gen Valerii Zaluzhnyi, and the chief of ground forces, Col Gen Oleksandr Syrskii.

Contrary to the people in this thread over disbelief over 200k men being a huge number to consider for a Kyiv assault, according to Zalunzhnyi, Russia still has around 1.5M reserve soldiers

Russia's military numbers are largely fictious. They threw almost all their combat capable troops into the war from the start. What they have left are conscripts, non-combat support troops and internal security forces.

Senior Ukrainian officials say Vladimir Putin is preparing for a major new offensive in the new year, despite a series of humiliating battlefield setbacks for Russia in recent months.

In an interview with the Guardian, Ukraine’s defence minister, Oleksii Reznikov, said that while Ukraine was now able to successfully defend itself against Russia’s missile attacks targeting key infrastructure, including the energy grid, evidence was emerging that the Kremlin was preparing a broad new offensive.

Reznikov’s comments echoed similar remarks made to the Economist this week – including from the Ukrainian president, Volodymyr Zelenskiy, the head of the armed forces, Gen Valerii Zaluzhnyi, and the chief of ground forces, Col Gen Oleksandr Syrskii.

Contrary to the people in this thread over disbelief over 200k men being a huge number to consider for a Kyiv assault, according to Zalunzhnyi, Russia still has around 1.5M reserve soldiers
    1,5 million reserve means jack shit if you can't arm them with anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    What they have left are conscripts, non-combat support troops and internal security forces.
    And Wagner, a terror group being likened to ISIS lately.