1. #27021
    Old God Milchshake's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Shitposter Burn Out
    Posts
    10,077
    Putin's Rouble policy took another hit today.

    Government Affiliated Snark

  2. #27022
    Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    Putin's Rouble policy took another hit today.

    This is standard Fox level not even disinformation. It is a flat out lie.

    Over the last year, according to XE currency converter, from before the invasion, the ruble has risen from 0.13 to 0.014 dollars. You are too smart to not know this. You also know that 60-75 rubles per dollar is Putin's publicly announced desired value for the ruble. Right now it is at roughly 69.2, well within desired ranges

    For all there is to complain about with regards to Russia, you decided to just flat out lie? The exact details you provided are true. Your implied conclusion that the ruble is in trouble us a lie

  3. #27023
    Titan Yunru's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    The Continent of Orsterra
    Posts
    12,429
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    This is standard Fox level not even disinformation. It is a flat out lie.

    Over the last year, according to XE currency converter, from before the invasion, the ruble has risen from 0.13 to 0.014 dollars. You are too smart to not know this. You also know that 60-75 rubles per dollar is Putin's publicly announced desired value for the ruble. Right now it is at roughly 69.2, well within desired ranges

    For all there is to complain about with regards to Russia, you decided to just flat out lie? The exact details you provided are true. Your implied conclusion that the ruble is in trouble us a lie
    1 Ruskan rouble is same as 0,014 evro.
    From 15 dec it was 0.015 euro.... but from 7 march 2022 it was on 0.0016, rising up to 0.018 on sept, but now its falling down for a while now.
    But yeah it did go down, just not as much as people think.

    Lets say a bread you buy is 2.5 evro -- this 2.50 Euros = 184.76341 Russian Rubles now for bread
    A day before bread costed 166.667 Russian Rubles

    Quick google search. It is noticable difference. Its like 1 dolar bread is not 1.2 dolar or something.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

  4. #27024
    A russian volunteer who has been involved since 2014 posted a 5k+ word essay on just how bad things are getting for the russian forces. He expects the Ukrainians will go through the lines like a knife through butter during the winter.

    https://mobile.twitter.com/wartransl...82364269731840

    The gherkin himself said it was recommended reading. The blogger expects he will die on the front-line which is I guess why he isn't afraid of being killed by the authorities for such criticism.

    He says a shortage of artillery shells is forcing them to use tanks as indirect artillery, wearing out their barrels and rendering them useless in their intended role of taking out other tanks.

    He also says the russian army has an amazing ability to turn every tiny village and pig pen into a mini-Verdun on which they bleeding away their infantry.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Russian propaganda so cringe it makes you wonder if it isn't parody.

    https://mobile.twitter.com/visegrad2...48265802096641


    Trying to encourage middle age Afghanistan vets suffering from ptsd to go fight in Ukraine so they can buy their daughters iPhones. Plus apparently it's normal for workers to routinely not be paid on time in russia.
    Last edited by Corvus; 2022-12-20 at 12:06 AM.

  5. #27025
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    A russian volunteer who has been involved since 2014 posted a 5k+ word essay on just how bad things are getting for the russian forces. He expects the Ukrainians will go through the lines like a knife through butter during the winter.

    https://mobile.twitter.com/wartransl...82364269731840

    The gherkin himself said it was recommended reading. The blogger expects he will die on the front-line which is I guess why he isn't afraid of being killed by the authorities for such criticism.

    He says a shortage of artillery shells is forcing them to use tanks as indirect artillery, wearing out their barrels and rendering them useless in their intended role of taking out other tanks.

    He also says the russian army has an amazing ability to turn every tiny village and pig pen into a mini-Verdun on which they bleeding away their infantry.
    And it ends by explicitly comparing the Russian Federation to Tsarist Russia, which feels like it's probably a massive burn for a Russia.

  6. #27026
    all that talk of logistics, and losses to Russia. It's all meaningless one way or another.

    Because for how you people want to believe it has meaning, the reality is Russia doesn't care and will send thousands upon thousands to die for some victories that they hope will lead to conquest.

    There's already reports/complaints about Wagner commanders using the lot of Russians as cannon fodder on the field.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

  7. #27027
    Hear that guys? Apparently Sun Tzu and all the other winning generals who said logistics is what wins wars were wrong.

    Zerg rushing poorly equipped poorly trained hordes no longer works. Oh, and Wagner has been driven back again in Bakhmut, loosing ground that took them weeks and huge casualties to gain.

  8. #27028
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Hear that guys? Apparently Sun Tzu and all the other winning generals who said logistics is what wins wars were wrong.

    Zerg rushing poorly equipped poorly trained hordes no longer works. Oh, and Wagner has been driven back again in Bakhmut, loosing ground that took them weeks and huge casualties to gain.
    This is Russia's core wartime belief, not mine. That's why they insist on these tactics. They think after enough of throwing bodies (and horrible war crimes), the opposition will be fatigued from it.

    So say in the next few months they send 200k soldiers; all of them die. The next time they'll send 500k.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

  9. #27029
    The Lightbringer Iphie's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Suomi/Nederland
    Posts
    3,001
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    This is Russia's core wartime belief, not mine. That's why they insist on these tactics. They think after enough of throwing bodies (and horrible war crimes), the opposition will be fatigued from it.

    So say in the next few months they send 200k soldiers; all of them die. The next time they'll send 500k.
    Bud...if 700k die in the next year then the russian population ceases to exist as there is no way their demographics can absorb a loss that big.

  10. #27030
    Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    Bud...if 700k die in the next year then the russian population ceases to exist as there is no way their demographics can absorb a loss that big.
    well 200k is already a huge fucking number and the posters here among others are rather assured if they storm Kyiv, they're all going to die.

    Besides that, remember a few days ago I cited a Ukrainian official who said Russia at least has a 1+ million reserve force to still be deployed.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

  11. #27031
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    well 200k is already a huge fucking number and the posters here among others are rather assured if they storm Kyiv, they're all going to die.

    Besides that, remember a few days ago I cited a Ukrainian official who said Russia at least has a 1+ million reserve force to still be deployed.
    Man, you're so excited about all this I'm surprised you haven't volunteered and flown out so you can be this excited from the front lines.

  12. #27032
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Man, you're so excited about all this
    More than anything else, I want to see how this impending renewed Kyiv assault 2.0 will play out. It's literally 1-2 months away. They are going to literally stake everything on this; today Putin met with Lukashenko and there are tensions seriously brewing in Chechnya, which indicates Putin wants to pull stocks from the two's armies for this battle to compensate for diminished main Russian forces.

    This is going to be the most important event in the Ukraine-Russia war in a long time, possibly even decisive factor in determining many, many factors.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

  13. #27033
    Merely a Setback Kaleredar's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    25,713
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Man, you're so excited about all this I'm surprised you haven't volunteered and flown out so you can be this excited from the front lines.
    I’m sure the feckless mercenary bands Russia has hired in place of an army would gladly take him.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  14. #27034
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Man, you're so excited about all this I'm surprised you haven't volunteered and flown out so you can be this excited from the front lines.
    I'm equally surprised. Afterall, I've repeated my offer of all expenses paid to Donbass several times, and he keeps refusing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

    Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

  15. #27035
    I'm never going to volunteer for Russia or Ukraine given how I have no loyalties to such sides in any capacity.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

  16. #27036
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    I'm never going to volunteer for Russia or Ukraine given how I have no loyalties to such sides in any capacity.
    Which is weird because you've constantly bragged about how Putin is such an amazing and ideal leader in your eyes.

  17. #27037
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Which is weird because you've constantly bragged about how Putin is such an amazing and ideal leader in your eyes.
    Also, he wanted to die in a war, and there's one with both sides accepting volunteers.

  18. #27038
    Could Russia invade Moldova?

    CHISINAU, Moldova (AP) — Moldova’s national intelligence agency said Monday that Russia could launch a new offensive next year with an aim to “create a land corridor” through southern Ukraine to the Moscow-backed breakaway region of Transnistria.

    Moldova’s Intelligence and Security Services, or SIS, released a statement on Monday aimed at clarifying comments made by the agency’s head, Alexandru Musteata, who said during an interview with a local TV station that Kremlin forces could aim to cross into the separatist region of Moldova early next year.

    “The question is not whether the Russian Federation will launch a new offensive in the direction of Moldovan territory, but when it will happen: either at the beginning of the year, in January, February, or later, in March, (or) April,” Musteata told TVR Moldova, which released a teaser ahead of the Monday evening broadcast.

    “But, judging by the information we have,” he said, “Russia can go further to create a corridor with the Transnistrian region, which is the territory of Moldova.”

    “Then it will be possible to say with clarity that yes, they intend to get here, to unite,” Musteata said. “What will follow — their intentions towards Chisinau — we can discuss. But this is a real and very high risk.”

    https://apnews.com/article/russia-uk...bac75f07cbd963

    ----------

    I'd like to illustrate further even though I haven't mentioned it often, Moldova has been shit-talking Russia since the Ukraine war started. But as of recently, Moldova has gone as far as to ban Russian state media and Russian media altogether from cable, citing it as disinformation. Russia was furious over this, vowing vengeance.
    Last edited by YUPPIE; 2022-12-20 at 06:50 AM.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

  19. #27039
    The Lightbringer Iphie's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Suomi/Nederland
    Posts
    3,001
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    Could Russia invade Moldova?
    Short answer: No.

    Long answer: there's this country in the way...what was it called again? Ah, yes, Ukraine.

  20. #27040
    Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    Short answer: No.

    Long answer: there's this country in the way...what was it called again? Ah, yes, Ukraine.
    a lot of people have cited moldova and kazakhstan as being too weak to repel Russia if push comes to shove.

    Ukraine is kind of a golden goose. No one else begging for weapons and supplies will get the equal treatment they have.
    Last edited by YUPPIE; 2022-12-20 at 08:22 AM.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •