1. #27101
    Quote Originally Posted by Elder Millennial View Post
    They picked him up in Poland. Don't see the Russians trying to shoot anything down in European airspace. Maybe over the Atlantic, but still nah.
    C'mon. They're stupid, but not that stupid.

  2. #27102
    If you people are speculating over why the Russians didn't shoot his aircraft down, I highly doubt it was fear of the West. The logical explanation is simply the fact there is obviously a lot of secrecy (and security) in transporting such a subject.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

  3. #27103
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    C'mon. They're stupid, but not that stupid.
    It's...It's Putin's Russia 2022...So I don't know.

  4. #27104
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    If you people are speculating over why the Russians didn't shoot his aircraft down, I highly doubt it was fear of the West. The logical explanation is simply the fact there is obviously a lot of secrecy (and security) in transporting such a subject.
    Your takes are so very very bad.

  5. #27105
    The Lightbringer Iphie's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Suomi/Nederland
    Posts
    3,035
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Your takes are so very very bad.
    Ah, he's right about the secrecy, but even if they knew they'd have to be monumentally stupid to take out an American plane carrying the head of state of another country.

  6. #27106
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    is a red carpet the norm for a flight walk, because I got kind of pissed looking at that thinking they're treating this guy like a celebrity
    When presidents visit? Yes.

  7. #27107
    Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    Ah, he's right about the secrecy.
    yeah exactly. I don't know why people think they'd seriously fly a plane without any measures or secrecy and boast "fuck around and find out"

    I still believe if it was known where Zelenksy specifically was flying, the Russians would definitely have attacked it. The same goes for the likes of Boris Johnson, who made various unannounced and unnoticed (until he was at Kyiv) visits to Ukraine early this year.
    Last edited by YUPPIE; 2022-12-21 at 10:44 PM.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

  8. #27108
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    I still believe if it was known where Zelenksy specifically was flying, the Russians would definitely have attacked it.
    https://www.aerotime.aero/articles/h...ince-war-began

    So Zelensky tweeted that he was going to the US and then a gov't plane took off from eastern Poland, and lots of people began tracking it, but no Russian missiles got close

    It takes a special skill to make failed predictions about the past.

  9. #27109
    Old God Milchshake's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Shitposter Burn Out
    Posts
    10,108
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    yeah exactly. I don't know why people think they'd seriously fly a plane without any measures or secrecy and boast "fuck around and find out"

    I still believe if it was known where Zelenksy specifically was flying, the Russians would definitely have attacked it. The same goes for the likes of Boris Johnson, who made various unannounced and unnoticed (until he was at Kyiv) visits to Ukraine early this year.
    Wrong again. Flight watchers were watching the plane from the jump. They only people having a cow about this and the red carpet seem to be, You, Putin, and Ed Snowden.

    Government Affiliated Snark

  10. #27110
    Merely a Setback Kaleredar's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    25,753
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    yeah exactly. I don't know why people think they'd seriously fly a plane without any measures or secrecy and boast "fuck around and find out"

    I still believe if it was known where Zelenksy specifically was flying, the Russians would definitely have attacked it. The same goes for the likes of Boris Johnson, who made various unannounced and unnoticed (until he was at Kyiv) visits to Ukraine early this year.
    Russia was never, ever going to attack a US government plane.

    Russia is scared of the US. Not the other way around.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  11. #27111
    Another $1.8 billion in aid announced by the US, sure to give pootie and his tankies more tears.

    The Patriot system has been confirmed, though only 1 of them. Given they cost $1 billion per system they don't come cheap. Includes a lot of Warsaw Pact sized ammo, including 100,000 rounds for their tanks and 50,000 round for Grad rockets. Guess the US found another source of soviet ammo from somewhere.
    Last edited by Corvus; 2022-12-21 at 11:16 PM.

  12. #27112
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Another $1.8 billion in aid announced by the US, sure to give pootie and his tankies more tears.

    The Patriot system has been confirmed, though only 1 of them. Given they cost $1 billion per system they don't come cheap. Includes a lot of Warsaw Pact sized ammo, including 100,000 rounds for their tanks and 50,000 round for Grad rockets. Guess the US found another source of soviet ammo from somewhere.
    One is probably enough. Patriot missiles are $4M a pop. Ukraine likely will reserve those for airplane bombers and cruise missiles. At least I hope they won't use them to shoot down $50k Iranian drones.

  13. #27113
    Compare and contrast.



  14. #27114
    Banned Strawberry's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Sweden/Yugoslavia
    Posts
    3,752
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Russia was never, ever going to attack a US government plane.

    Russia is scared of the US. Not the other way around.
    I think everyone with nukes is afraid of each other.
    I'm pretty sure there's a Poseidon sitting in wait near every major port city in the world. Undetectable until it activates. At that time it will be too late.
    Miami, New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, all would be erased within a few minutes.
    Last edited by Strawberry; 2022-12-21 at 11:43 PM.

  15. #27115
    The Lightbringer Iphie's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Suomi/Nederland
    Posts
    3,035
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    I think everyone with nukes is afraid of each other.
    I'm pretty sure there's a Poseidon sitting in wait near every major port city in the world. Undetectable until it activates. At that time it will be too late.
    Miami, New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, all would be erased within a few minutes.
    Yeah no, by all accounts Poseidon is another one of those grandiose russian things that's not even worth the paper it is described on.

    But let's entertain the thought that it works, how long do you think it'll take to produce that many 100Mt torpedo nukes? And that is not even counting that some ports cannot be threatened by them as the collateral would be russian territory.

  16. #27116
    They're just openly calling Putin a terrorist now on TV. And by "they," I mean government officials and Biden, not just social media goers.

    I lost track of how many times on the conference today they called him terrorist with some peppers of murderer and warmonger.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

  17. #27117
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    They're just openly calling Putin a terrorist now on TV. And by "they," I mean government officials and Biden, not just social media goers.

    I lost track of how many times on the conference today they called him terrorist with some peppers of murderer and warmonger.
    he is a terrorist, hopefully he ends up getting gaddaffi'd

  18. #27118
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    They're just openly calling Putin a terrorist now on TV. And by "they," I mean government officials and Biden, not just social media goers.

    I lost track of how many times on the conference today they called him terrorist with some peppers of murderer and warmonger.
    It's almost like someone is upset pooties teeny tiny pecker has been mocked.
    Last edited by Corvus; 2022-12-22 at 03:50 AM.

  19. #27119
    the problem with saying these things is it means now diplomacy or anything of the sort like amiable relations with Russia is out the window.

    Now the terms are more or less: Surrender. Otherwise, there's nothing to say.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

  20. #27120
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    the problem with saying these things is it means now diplomacy or anything of the sort like amiable relations with Russia is out the window.

    Now the terms are more or less: Surrender. Otherwise, there's nothing to say.
    Nobody is talking about surrender.....Good god what is your problem?

    All Russia needs to do is...go back to Russia. The war is over. Tada. Nobody is going to occupy Moscow.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •