1. #27861
    Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    So...did she get brained or just grazed?
    looks like a ricochet

    never right to say 'she was looking for it' because of what she was wearing to a woman...but in this case....full combat camo, vest and helmet...

  2. #27862
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    looks like a ricochet

    never right to say 'she was looking for it' because of what she was wearing to a woman...but in this case....full combat camo, vest and helmet...
    She was with the Wankers as well. Official story is shrapnel from a mortar hit her in the knee and she was flown to Moscow for treatment. However everyone is saying it sounds like a gunshot and if you freeze just right you can see something headed towards her neck/shoulder.

  3. #27863
    Has anyone noticed Zelenksy is vocally becoming more entitled lately? Like he keeps demanding more and scrutinizes his benefactors when they aren't fast enough or are indecisive.

    This has come to a head with the German issue talked about from the last page to now, where he blasts Scholz and makes sweeping statements about how such indecisiveness is killing innocents, threatening democracy, and so on.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

  4. #27864
    He has always been like that.

    And I don't see anything wrong with that. He/they don't have the luxury to wait. It just shows how real the situation for Ukraine is.

  5. #27865
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    Has anyone noticed Zelenksy is vocally becoming more entitled lately? Like he keeps demanding more and scrutinizes his benefactors when they aren't fast enough or are indecisive.

    This has come to a head with the German issue talked about from the last page to now, where he blasts Scholz and makes sweeping statements about how such indecisiveness is killing innocents, threatening democracy, and so on.
    Try and imagine how you would feel in his position. Ukraine needs support to keep fighting and more support to win sooner rather then maybe eventually later.
    Scholtz sitting far away from the fighting in complete safety wondering how much he can stall further weapons to Ukraine has to leave a bad taste when other allies are willing to send aid, but can't because of him.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

  6. #27866
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    Has anyone noticed Zelenksy is vocally becoming more entitled lately? Like he keeps demanding more and scrutinizes his benefactors when they aren't fast enough or are indecisive.

    This has come to a head with the German issue talked about from the last page to now, where he blasts Scholz and makes sweeping statements about how such indecisiveness is killing innocents, threatening democracy, and so on.
    He has every right to blasts politicians that are dragging their feet.

  7. #27867
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    makes sweeping statements about how such indecisiveness is killing innocents, threatening democracy, and so on.
    Where is the lie?

  8. #27868
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    He has every right to blasts politicians that are dragging their feet.
    here's the two-edged sword dilemma. His motive with these speeches is to make said politicians feel guilty, right? And for the most part, it works, given the support Ukraine has received.

    But what if it backfires and makes someone mad and cut off support, altogether? Like if this was Trump, for instance. Scholz hasn't felt guilty or bad over this, and he has responded: he has stated to be irritated at being pressured from all sides.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

  9. #27869
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    You're implying if US marines came into armed conflict with Wagner, it'd be a walk in the park with no casualties.
    Here you go: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/24/w...ies-syria.html
    How a 4-Hour Battle Between Russian Mercenaries and U.S. Commandos Unfolded in Syria
    In the end, 200 to 300 of the attacking fighters were killed. The others retreated under merciless airstrikes from the United States, returning later to retrieve their battlefield dead. None of the Americans at the small outpost in eastern Syria — about 40 by the end of the firefight — were harmed.
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    Has anyone noticed Zelenksy is vocally becoming more entitled lately? Like he keeps demanding more and scrutinizes his benefactors when they aren't fast enough or are indecisive.


    This has come to a head with the German issue talked about from the last page to now, where he blasts Scholz and makes sweeping statements about how such indecisiveness is killing innocents, threatening democracy, and so on.
    Yeah I don't blame him. Even though he has been given a ton of stuff look at it from his point of view. He sees the west rich in recourses and rich in combat equipment, yet he only get the hand-me-down stuff that was eventually going to be tossed. He also sees thousands of his countrymen die every single month, while his towns and cities are vaporized off the face of the planet.

  10. #27870
    Merkel was dragging her feet about a lot of things too, but I sincerely believe that she would have seen the reality of this war and give Ukraine everything they need to win it.

    Scholz doesn't explain his reasoning, and that's fucking frustrating.

  11. #27871
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    here's the two-edged sword dilemma. His motive with these speeches is to make said politicians feel guilty, right? And for the most part, it works, given the support Ukraine has received.

    But what if it backfires and makes someone mad and cut off support, altogether? Like if this was Trump, for instance. Scholz hasn't felt guilty or bad over this, and he has responded: he has stated to be irritated at being pressured from all sides.
    Then fuck him. The popular opinion is strongly in the "fuck Russia" corner, so if some politician gets too uppity, they can and will be replaced.

  12. #27872
    The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Look behind you.
    Posts
    3,330
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Merkel was dragging her feet about a lot of things too, but I sincerely believe that she would have seen the reality of this war and give Ukraine everything they need to win it.

    Scholz doesn't explain his reasoning, and that's fucking frustrating.
    And that last bit is really the crux of it. It's waffling and goalpost shifting out of sending help that's the annoying part, less-so then he's not doing it.

    Though I don't think he's on Russia's side in this; more likely it's something more mundane like that their own Leopards don't work as well as they should, or Scholz is - for some reason - legitimately scared of Russia's threats of retaliation against Europe.

  13. #27873
    The Unstoppable Force Gaidax's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    20,850
    All this dancing around the tanks is pretty pathetic. But then again, I can understand West - if they can just toss some scraps and pittance and keep the whole thing contained waiting for Russia to crumble, it's all they need.

    This shit will last 2-3 years more until Russia decides to cut their losses and get back to the previous line in the sand.

  14. #27874
    There used to be a time in the past century Germany would have been happy to have tanks in Russia.

    Sorry children.

    I'm always stuck here on escalation and Ukraine's sovereignty here. No doubt Germany is/has and would be escalating with Leopard tanks.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

  15. #27875
    to be fair, Russia did already threaten to destroy Germany if they sent those tanks (the guy who wondered if Scholz has something to fear).

    On another note, it's not just the Germans; the top Pentagon officials are also reluctant to send these out for some reason.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

  16. #27876
    It isn't reluctance to supply the Abrams, its that compared to the Leo 2 they are very fuel and maintenance heavy. The Leo is simpler to operate and maintain, and also much closer to bases where proper maintenance can be done.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Third Pantsir air defence system spotted going up in Moscow. Got to wonder how well build those rooves are, trying to support that much weight, not to mention all those explosives.

  17. #27877
    Herald of the Titans Iphie's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Suomi/Nederland
    Posts
    2,965
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    It isn't reluctance to supply the Abrams, its that compared to the Leo 2 they are very fuel and maintenance heavy. The Leo is simpler to operate and maintain, and also much closer to bases where proper maintenance can be done.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Third Pantsir air defence system spotted going up in Moscow. Got to wonder how well build those rooves are, trying to support that much weight, not to mention all those explosives.
    Another thing, after they've fired, HOW the hell do they get resupplied? I mean do they have a load of extras or do they need those cranes to resupply? The mind boggles.

  18. #27878
    Over 9000! zealo's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    9,515
    Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    Another thing, after they've fired, HOW the hell do they get resupplied? I mean do they have a load of extras or do they need those cranes to resupply? The mind boggles.
    Probably with the cranes.

    It's not like they can expect actually having to use them in Moscow very often, unless someone gets jumpy and shoots down something friendly.

  19. #27879
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Probably with the cranes.

    It's not like they can expect actually having to use them in Moscow very often, unless someone gets jumpy and shoots down something friendly.
    Moscow is meant to be an air exclusion zone so nothing but security/military aircraft are allowed to fly there. Which makes all this air defence going up even stranger.

  20. #27880
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    to be fair, Russia did already threaten to destroy Germany if they sent those tanks (the guy who wondered if Scholz has something to fear).

    On another note, it's not just the Germans; the top Pentagon officials are also reluctant to send these out for some reason.
    They also said they are at war with the west and their propaganda TV-shows want France to be nuked.
    There is nothing to fear.
    Germany is already indirectly responsible for the death of thousands of Russians and the destruction of tanks in the hundreds, alongside supplying the troops of Ukraine with food, clothing etc.
    Sending tanks wouldn't change anything in that regard, it would just make the thing more efficient - probably.

    It's like punching your enemy in the face with your right arm, and then you hesitate using your left arm as well.
    This show is only over once Putin is out of Ukraine. The destruction of Germany is only possible if Russia decides to use nukes... which doesn't matter, because if you are scared of nukes while defending against an attacking nation like that, you might as well surrender everything to them and fulfill their every desire.

    I'd rather be nuked instead - as long as I get to be in the center of the explosion.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2023-01-22 at 12:46 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •