Iran's forces are busy with the local protests that have been going on for months. They aren't going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Iran's forces are busy with the local protests that have been going on for months. They aren't going anywhere.
    The Iranian government has a strict policy that if their sovereignty is threatened by external forces, they will destroy those offenders to dust. I mean like all-out ISIS bloodlust. That's why no one really ever wants to fuck with Iran. So you bet they'll haul ass and split up their forces if it was an external force.

Realistically though, it's unlikely this is anyone but the protestors due to Iran's geographic location. The drone factory being blown up is nice for Ukraine, though.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    The Iranian government has a strict policy that if their sovereignty is threatened by external forces, they will destroy those offenders to dust. I mean like all-out ISIS bloodlust. That's why no one really ever wants to fuck with Iran. So you bet they'll haul ass and split up their forces if it was an external force.

Realistically though, it's unlikely this is anyone but the protestors due to Iran's geographic location. The drone factory being blown up is nice for Ukraine, though.
    Stop drinking. Iran is not going to join a war, Russia would be fucking invading Iran in vengeance (and failing that) after if they gave US the green light to join the fray with even further modern tech.

Iran cannot afford to do anything that pisses off the West even further. Neither can Russia...

Here's a little help for you - what authoritarian dictatorships claim they can do and what they can actually do are light years apart. It's called propaganda.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seems someone dropped a suicide drone onto the Iranian factory that makes....suicide drones.

Could be any number of people who could have wanted to do that, including local protestors. Isn't too hard to put suicide drones together today.

Looks like it is well ablaze.

- - - Updated - - -

Seems like there have been multiple attacks across Iran.
    Mosad Agents seen walking away whistling nonchalantly

- - - Updated - - -

Oh please. If those chickenshit zealots didn't do fuck and/or all when we turned their top general into an obituary then what else can they do? They'll cry and whine and shake their fist to the skies and just go back to murdering and raping their own civilians by tomorrow morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    Mosad Agents seen walking away whistling nonchalantly
    Israel seems the obvious choice, but there is another option - Azerbaijan. Just before this happened their embassy in Tehran was attacked, leaving one worker dead and another wounded. Embassy attacks in Iran only happen with the approval of the regime.

And due to weird local geopolitics, Azerbaijan and Israel are close, plus both hate Iran. Israel sells a lot of military equipment to Azerbaijan.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Israel seems the obvious choice, but there is another option - Azerbaijan. Just before this happened their embassy in Tehran was attacked, leaving one worker dead and another wounded. Embassy attacks in Iran only happen with the approval of the regime.

And due to weird local geopolitics, Azerbaijan and Israel are close, plus both hate Iran. Israel sells a lot of military equipment to Azerbaijan.
    Whatever the case, it cuts into their drone production and leaves Russia less capable of hurling them at Ukrainian civilians which I'll say is a good thing for now.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    If Russia wants to hobble themselves further with a centrally planned economy, by all means do it.
    Wonder if this was a Russian "Operation Valkyrie" attempt.

- - - Updated - - -

As a rule of thumb, if anything just "mysteriously" explodes in Iran, assume that "Israel had nothing to do with it" /s.

Up to 7 different cities across Iran look to have been hit, targeting factories, power and oil facilities. Far too coordinated to be local protesters. That anyone could get that many drones through Iranian air defences undetected is impressive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Up to 7 different cities across Iran look to have been hit, targeting factories, power and oil facilities. Far too coordinated to be local protesters. That anyone could get that many drones through Iranian air defences undetected is impressive.
    Ok, but if they came from Israel they would need to go through quite a few other countries as well, and those countries aren't too friendly with Israel so they too would need to miss a swarm of drones entering their airspace. Bit odd tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    Ok, but if they came from Israel they would need to go through quite a few other countries as well, and those countries aren't too friendly with Israel so they too would need to miss a swarm of drones entering their airspace. Bit odd tbh.
    That's where Azerbaijan comes in. Borders Iran, hates Iran, had military ties with Israel and reportedly allows Israeli drones to fly out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    Eh, Arab states outside of Syria and maybe Iraq genuinely don't care about Israel anymore and consider Iran to be the big threat now. It's why in the past few years many if not signing treaties recognising Israel have been making many deals that are basically enemy of my enemy is my friend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Eh, Arab states outside of Syria and maybe Iraq genuinely don't care about Israel anymore and consider Iran to be the big threat now. It's why in the past few years many if not signing treaties recognising Israel have been making many deals that are basically enemy of my enemy is my friend.
    Well, to hit the areas in Iran the drones would have to pass through Syria and Iraq, so that's then exactly a no-no, but Azerbaijan makes sense.

Iran, like Russia, can say whatever they want. Doesn't mean people will take them seriously. Israel is the dominant force in the area. If Iran attacks it will just be another repeat of the 6 day war and Israel would make mince meat out of Iran's forces even without the US's backing.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

I know this is a rabbit hole that it's probably a waste of time to go down, but let's have a quick run through of the "consistency" of your stance.

On the one hand, nobody would dare to attack Russia, because they are a nuclear power and to do so would be to court utter destruction. On the other hand, if Israel have attacked Iran, then Israel (a nuclear power) are courting destruction because Iran has made it clear what they will do to any country that attacks them.

So, walk me through this. Do nuclear weapons make you immune to attack or not?
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

The Iranian government has a strict policy that if their sovereignty is threatened by external forces, they will destroy those offenders to dust. I mean like all-out ISIS bloodlust. That's why no one really ever wants to fuck with Iran. So you bet they'll haul ass and split up their forces if it was an external force

negative if its anyone its Israel.

Still uncertain as to just what happened in Iran, but the rumour mill may have overstated things. There has only been one confirmed drone attack, on a munitions factory, as well as a fire at an oil refinery which may or may not have been related. In a bizarre coincidence there was also a 5.9 magnitude earthquake in Iran (unless Jewish space lasers now cause earthquakes), which might have been the cause of some of the other rumours. The Iranians are saying that 3 quadcopters were involved in the factory attack (and of course they are saying they dealt with them all before they could do anything.) Quadcopters are short range local things, so that might make it less an Israeli thing and more a local thing. It may be we never know.

But back to actual Ukrainian matters - the Wankers took such catastrophic losses securing one small town that they are now exhausted and are having to be replaced with regular russian units. It might be that they never recover after this. Looks like the threat of the Prig may be done with for now and the russian army has eliminated him as a threat to themselves as much as the Ukrainians.

And another example of just how far russia has fallen, via a Khazakstani ad for chocolate. There is no fear of them anymore.

I want to try some Kazakhstani chocolate now.

10+ Year Old Account
    But back to actual Ukrainian matters - the Wankers took such catastrophic losses securing one small town that they are now exhausted and are having to be replaced with regular russian units. It might be that they never recover after this. Looks like the threat of the Prig may be done with for now and the russian army has eliminated him as a threat to themselves as much as the Ukrainians.

I want to try some Kazakhstani chocolate now.
    I've said it before and I'll say it again: it's as if they planned it to eliminate Wagner as a threat. I don't think so, but this is definitely a win/win for the russian army and the Ukrainians.

Bloodsail Admiral
    3+ Year Old Account
    Wondering how much longer Prigozhyn and Putin can co-exist before one tries to take the other out. Kind of surprised one of them hasn't tried already. In Russia challenges to Putin's power tend to end in them "throwing themselves" off tall apartment buildings or being found in car trunks. And Prigozhyn is probably well aware it's only a matter of time before a suspicious accident.

Quote Originally Posted by Biglog View Post
    Wondering how much longer Prigozhyn and Putin can co-exist before one tries to take the other out. Kind of surprised one of them hasn't tried already. In Russia challenges to Putin's power tend to end in them "throwing themselves" off tall apartment buildings or being found in car trunks. And Prigozhyn is probably well aware it's only a matter of time before a suspicious accident.
    If Prig thought himself in trouble he'd likely get himself on a flight to central Africa where he has basically his own fiefdoms running mines with his own guards. Not sure if that's good long-term protection but unlike most, he has some gtfo options.