Quote Originally Posted by Biglog View Post
    Wondering how much longer Prigozhyn and Putin can co-exist before one tries to take the other out. Kind of surprised one of them hasn't tried already. In Russia challenges to Putin's power tend to end in them "throwing themselves" off tall apartment buildings or being found in car trunks. And Prigozhyn is probably well aware it's only a matter of time before a suspicious accident.
    If Prig thought himself in trouble he'd likely get himself on a flight to central Africa where he has basically his own fiefdoms running mines with his own guards. Not sure if that's good long-term protection but unlike most, he has some gtfo options.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    If Prig thought himself in trouble he'd likely get himself on a flight to central Africa where he has basically his own fiefdoms running mines with his own guards. Not sure if that's good long-term protection but unlike most, he has some gtfo options.
    Eh, if prig were to flee now his troops would probably get demoralized and that might break them, he's not in an easy position.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Can I ask if Ukraine needed the tanks without looking like I'm siding with Russia or anything?

Its a question NATO members asked, struggled with, and obviously ended up saying yes to but I feel like it is necessary that the move has moved the war up a level.

* Ukraine deserves to defend itself and Russia deserves to get it ass kicked.

But was the situation bad enough to warrant tanks? I would say yes if I was in Ukraine because I would want all tools available to defend my phone. Is it right for NATO to push weapons they know will escalate the war and get more Ukrainians killed if Ukraine was handling business without the tanks. I also stopped following the war closely so idk.

Its like you see a person being bullied so you teach them how to fight. The person is able to defend themselves but now has to fight to keep from getting bullied. You give the person a knife so now they dont have to fight as hard knowing their bully will likely get a knife as well and was waiting for an excuse to use said knife. The kid you helped will now forever face unique consequences whether the bully stops or not, things like people coming at them to steal their knife or having to live with the life long consequences of being stabbed if/when they get stabbed.

I'm leaning on the side of "fuck it, give them more tanks" but I'm saying that as someone an world away that doesn't have to deal with the consequences of an escalated war and the fallout.
    I get your take...but the deciding factor for me is that, whether the rest of the world sends tanks or not, Russia is escalating anyway.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

This may just be propaganda, but a Belarusian officer allegedly stated in response to Putin's boast that Belarus will join the war on the frontline (the previously mentioned all-out Kyiv assault), it's highly possible Belarus soldiers will turn on Putin and Lukashenk if they are sent to battle.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Which means they're not going to war, unless Putin - in his infinite wisdom - decides to terrorize Belarus into compliance with whatever armed forces aren't being turned into paste in Ukraine.

What this likely means is that Russia's going to try and push/move through Belarus again with their own troops using the country's infrastructure, like they attempted at the start of the war.

Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    This may just be propaganda, but a Belarusian officer allegedly stated in response to Putin's boast that Belarus will join the war on the frontline (the previously mentioned all-out Kyiv assault), it's highly possible Belarus soldiers will turn on Putin and Lukashenk if they are sent to battle.
    Supposedly the Belarusian army strait up refused to join the invasion back at the start. So this hardly seems like a stretch.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

without Belarus, I don't see how Putin will adequately replenish lost soldiers to fight in the foreseeable future. I mean I had faith Iran would help Russia out, but the news ongoing has really put a dent there.

The topic of coercion/forcing them to fight is also invalidated by the fact they'll just wage war against the barrier troops enforcing their loyalty - and that's assuming they don't kill Lukashenk before they even leave Belarus.

How will Putin figure this out?
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

without Belarus, I don't see how Putin will adequately replenish lost soldiers to fight in the foreseeable future. I mean I had faith Iran would help Russia out, but the news ongoing has really put a dent there.
    I surely hope English isn't your first language because having faith in something happening means you want it to happen. Which just means you said you wanted Russia to have help and thus siding with Russia.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    I surely hope English isn't your first language because having faith in something happening means you want it to happen. Which just means you said you wanted Russia to have help and thus siding with Russia.
    "I believed" was probably more adequate, yeah.

I am no Russian shill.

At any rate, I don't know how Putin is going to replenish his numbers with Wagner having its internal issues and Iran as it is. That said, Zelenksy believes Russia will keep going on regardless of odds

"Bakhmut, Vuhledar and other areas in the Donetsk region are under constant Russian attacks. There are constant attempts to break through our defence. The enemy does not count its people and, despite numerous casualties, maintains a high intensity of attacks. In some of its wars, Russia has lost in total less people than it loses there, in particular near Bakhmut," said Zelenskyy."
    Last edited by YUPPIE; 2023-01-29 at 10:36 PM.

The topic of coercion/forcing them to fight is also invalidated by the fact they'll just wage war against the barrier troops enforcing their loyalty - and that's assuming they don't kill Lukashenk before they even leave Belarus.

How will Putin figure this out?
    You have been harping about how Russia still has millions of soldiers they can throw at Ukraine, and now you don't see how they will replenish lost soldiers?

Which is it?
    Get your facts strait.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    You have been harping about how Russia still has millions of soldiers they can throw at Ukraine, and now you don't see how they will replenish lost soldiers?

Which is it?
    Get your facts strait.
    that was before someone brought up the point that Putin can't just yoink everyone out of Moscow or even within Russia's borders to fight for him.

"I believed" was probably more adequate, yeah.

I am no Russian shill.
    You fooled me.

I am no Russian shill.
    Then you are really bad with expressing yourself because I thought the whole time you actually are a ruSSian shill.

I delve deep in the memory of shills claiming Ukraine is bombing their own.

Why is Russia bombing russian territory that they annexed some time ago?

there's a lot of drama over Russia allegedly staging a Quran-burning protest in Sweden that has severely hampered its accession to NATO; some have even declared it war because they think there is "no doubt" the Russians are behind it, street protests are occuring.

Any opinions on this?
    Where did you read that drama, sound like something you made up yourself.

The guy that did the burning is a Danish/Swedish citizen and he's been doing the same shit for years, even his own family has disowned him a long time ago - it has absolutely nothing to do with Russia and Nato, the guy is just an ass.

- - - Updated - - -

I doubt it's Ukraine, otherwise, Iran will literally take all their forces onto Ukraine's doorstep together with Russia.
    You really just can't stop saying stupid shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    Something something Stalingrad

Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    Terror attack.

Terror attack.
    And yet, you still defend Russia.

Terror attack.
    Would it not be terror attack if I called it Ukraine (like it actually is, not even fully occupied, yet claimed to be part of Russia) and Russia is still shelling it with the full purpose of killing civilians targets only?
    Last edited by Saradain; 2023-01-30 at 08:24 AM.