1. #28361
    Quote Originally Posted by ghotihook View Post
    Literally nobody gives fuck what Hungary says.
    they do actually. Hungary is cited as a legitimate threat because of how Orban can shill Putin despite being in the EU, yet they can't seem to kick them out or do anything to harm him.

    He just openly says these things too. That's like having a Nazi in your democratic alliance.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

  2. #28362
    Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,392
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    they do actually. Hungary is cited as a legitimate threat because of how Orban can shill Putin despite being in the EU, yet they can't seem to kick them out or do anything to harm him.

    He just openly says these things too. That's like having a Nazi in your democratic alliance.
    You're wrong. Nobody takes them seriously. Yes every country is a threat to some level, but their level is so low it's not worth even talking about. You don't kick a country out of the EU by what a leader says.

    Why didn't Nato kick the USA out for what Trump said? Because A, it's not that easy and B, it would be idiotic to do it cause he says stupid stuff.

  3. #28363
    Quote Originally Posted by ghotihook View Post
    Why didn't Nato kick the USA out for what Trump said?
    The US' destiny and history with NATO is way more intertwined and co-existing with NATO's than Hungary.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

  4. #28364
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    The US' destiny and history with NATO is way more intertwined and co-existing with NATO's than Hungary.
    Hungary is largely irrelevant to NATO in a strategic sense.

    It's not a major military power, it's not even a minor military power. It might be more relevant than Montenegro, but barely.

    But despite the rhetoric, Orban is aware he is neither Erdogan, nor can he really go his own way.

    The bullshit is for a domestic audience. But when it comes to sanctions etc Hungary either toes the majority line or simply doesn't hinder it.

    Yes, Orban is a lunatic and a political and strategic liability, as is Hungary with its current political landscape, but it's not a major issue.

  5. #28365
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    They've done everything short of WMDs by this point.

    On the same page: Do you people in this thread not give much of a shit for what Viktor Orban has to say? The few times I cited his remarks, they went totally ignored. In light of this new atrocity, Orban has spoken again and crudely told Ukraine to surrender and how Russia will win.
    Fuck Orban and his opinions.

  6. #28366
    NSFL content so I'll direct to the reddit page instead.

    Russians again employing the tactics of disguising themselves as the enemy. This is considered a war crime.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

  7. #28367
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    NSFL content so I'll direct to the reddit page instead.

    Russians again employing the tactics of disguising themselves as the enemy. This is considered a war crime.
    NaZi RuZZia doing nazi things. What else is new?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

    Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

  8. #28368
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    they do actually. Hungary is cited as a legitimate threat because of how Orban can shill Putin despite being in the EU, yet they can't seem to kick them out or do anything to harm him.

    He just openly says these things too. That's like having a Nazi in your democratic alliance.
    A country cannot be removed from the EU against their will.
    Hell, there barely is even a working process in place when someone wants to leave willingly like Brexit showed us.

  9. #28369
    The Lightbringer Iphie's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Suomi/Nederland
    Posts
    3,001
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    A country cannot be removed from the EU against their will.
    Hell, there barely is even a working process in place when someone wants to leave willingly like Brexit showed us.
    Eh, the process is clear, it's just that the UK was being a little bitch and botched it. They never made a contingency plan.

  10. #28370
    Over 9000! zealo's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    9,528
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    A country cannot be removed from the EU against their will.
    Hell, there barely is even a working process in place when someone wants to leave willingly like Brexit showed us.
    I can guarantee you the biggest issues with the way Brexit negotiations went wouldn't have been anywhere near as difficult if the border situation on Ireland didn't have such a violent past.

    The UK certainly took one for the team showing everyone what a bad idea leaving the EU is, but their desire to exit the EU so totally would have been far less problematic in working out how to do that had that situation been different.

  11. #28371
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    I can guarantee you the biggest issues with the way Brexit negotiations went wouldn't have been anywhere near as difficult if the border situation on Ireland didn't have such a violent past.

    The UK certainly took one for the team showing everyone what a bad idea leaving the EU is, but their desire to exit the EU so totally would have been far less problematic in working out how to do that had that situation been different.
    Agreed. Northern Ireland was what made it take so long and that shows. The moment the UK became willing to place NI outside the union a deal was made and the UK was out.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

  12. #28372
    Titan Yunru's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    The Continent of Orsterra
    Posts
    12,429
    So here are assessment numbers as right now:
    514680 units lost (total)
    128420 killed in this number
    385260 unable to combat due to wounds
    1000 prisoners of war


    6382 armored combat vehicles lost + 3029 tanks + 2207 artilery + 293 aircrafts (maybe they count drones?) + 284 helicopters + 18 ships and boats.

    Its probaly a lot less due to some areas maybe being counted twice, but even if 50% of this is true number, its still realy high.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

  13. #28373
    The Lightbringer Iphie's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Suomi/Nederland
    Posts
    3,001
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    So here are assessment numbers as right now:
    514680 units lost (total)
    128420 killed in this number
    385260 unable to combat due to wounds
    1000 prisoners of war


    6382 armored combat vehicles lost + 3029 tanks + 2207 artilery + 293 aircrafts (maybe they count drones?) + 284 helicopters + 18 ships and boats.

    Its probaly a lot less due to some areas maybe being counted twice, but even if 50% of this is true number, its still realy high.
    you got a source for that? Specifically the wounded?

  14. #28374
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    So here are assessment numbers as right now:
    514680 units lost (total)
    128420 killed in this number
    385260 unable to combat due to wounds
    1000 prisoners of war


    6382 armored combat vehicles lost + 3029 tanks + 2207 artilery + 293 aircrafts (maybe they count drones?) + 284 helicopters + 18 ships and boats.

    Its probaly a lot less due to some areas maybe being counted twice, but even if 50% of this is true number, its still realy high.
    It's a lot less because that ratio of dead to wounded would have required RuZZia to have: proper logistics and medical field facilities, supplies, trained troops, troops who even give a fuck about wounded buddies. They've had none of that the entire war. Cut the number of wounded in half or more. Hell, it wouldn't surprise me if they've had more dead than wounded.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

    Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

  15. #28375
    It's been a while since sanctions were mentioned, but Russia still arrogantly boasts Western sanctions have done nothing to harm them a year on. Some Russians even claim they're better off with them if it means they detach themselves from the "evil" Western world.

    And I think there's some truth to the sanctions being meaningless when you read about Russia's economic standing. They're still raping and murdering in Ukraine with no consequence.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

  16. #28376
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    It's been a while since sanctions were mentioned, but Russia still arrogantly boasts Western sanctions have done nothing to harm them a year on. Some Russians even claim they're better off with them if it means they detach themselves from the "evil" Western world.

    And I think there's some truth to the sanctions being meaningless when you read about Russia's economic standing. They're still raping and murdering in Ukraine with no consequence.
    I love the irony in your post.

    1) Sanctions were not put to place to remove russian genitals, they were put to place to remove their economic capability. For a man, you need a dick to rape, or literally any item you can force inside someone.

    2) Raping, murdering and pillaging is a russian trademark, but saying it is their economy can work as a heartwarming implication, that may or may not yield a forum infraction if it is taken as a generalization of a people on MMO-C

    So wrong again. And again.

    No consequence except Ukraine being armed to the teeth more and more as time passes, so they can kill more and more vatniks and mobiks...And Russia getting the opposite they want, more NATO countries that also will border them. You couldn't be more wrong, as always
    Last edited by Saradain; 2023-02-02 at 07:01 PM.

  17. #28377
    I mean, my idea of sanctions working is when Russian soldiers come back home for a break (which they do get for service), they're greeted with nothing. Not just coming back home to eat at Western corporate fast-food chains and indulging in Western goods.

    I know people will say corporations are just all about the money, but it makes me mad about the fact most haven't pulled out when you read all the buzz about it last year (Mcdonalds leaving and all that).
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

  18. #28378
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    I mean, my idea of sanctions working is when Russian soldiers come back home for a break (which they do get for service), they're greeted with nothing. Not just coming back home to eat at Western corporate fast-food chains and indulging in Western goods.

    I know people will say corporations are just all about the money, but it makes me mad about the fact most haven't pulled out when you read all the buzz about it last year (Mcdonalds leaving and all that).
    https://som.yale.edu/story/2022/over...ia-some-remain

    rofl, Russia eating good at Carls Jr. and Sbarro Pizza.

    Lay off the sauce.

  19. #28379
    The thing I don't get is when you can identify the corporations that haven't pulled out so conveniently like that, what is stopping Joe Biden from putting such corps out of business? He did vow that the US would go to extra lengths to sanction or penalize industrialists still aiding Russia, but that seems to have only applied to hardware producers than fast-food chains.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

  20. #28380
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    The thing I don't get is when you can identify the corporations that haven't pulled out so conveniently like that, what is stopping Joe Biden from putting such corps out of business? He did vow that the US would go to extra lengths to sanction or penalize industrialists still aiding Russia, but that seems to have only applied to hardware producers than fast-food chains.
    Because that's not how the US government works, you're seemingly confusing it for Russia.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •