If Ukraine is going to do all this cleverly, they are gonna withdraw bit by bit, letting russians to die en masse for every inch...and not stand until last man is spent like fools just to ensure that meaningless inch is kept under Ukraine's control.

That inch is going to be taken back one day and my god if Russia insists in keeping it occupied, Saint HIMARS, Leopard, Abrams and the whole fucking pantheon of death will rain such fury on their worthless orc asses that the world will never forget that vengeance that will echo in those days.

And it is not even an unlikely scenario, Russia will happily kill off every capable man of a revolution they don't have the balls to do anyway, just in case!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    And it is not even an unlikely scenario, Russia will happily kill off every capable man of a revolution they don't have the balls to do anyway, just in case!
    I dunno, cracks keep appearing, Meduza published this, I'm, of course, skeptical but seeing things similar to this happen does give one hope that there are some russians who can yet earn a capitalization of their nationality again.

Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    I dunno, cracks keep appearing, Meduza published this, I'm, of course, skeptical but seeing things similar to this happen does give one hope that there are some russians who can yet earn a capitalization of their nationality again.
    I'll believe it when I see it. For now, the irony is strong.

Soviets did after all, condemn the entire people of Nazi Germany as responsible for not overthrowing their goverment. How the tables have turned, when the world says the same about them...

Every time I see the word Bakhmut, I think of someone summoning a big space dragon.

When Russia first invaded Ukraine last year, Elon Musk made the splashy announcement that SpaceX would provide internet to the embattled country using its Starlink satellite internet system.

Ukraine's frontlines have even made use of the terminals to control drones for strikes, something that has drawn the attention of the international community.

Now, though, is cutting off the Ukrainian military's ability to control drones using the service, the BBC reports, leaving a sizable hole in its defenses.

"We know the military is using them for comms, and that's ok," SpaceX president Gwynne Shotwell said during a Wednesday conference. "But our intent was never to have them use it for offensive purposes."

"However, Ukrainians have leveraged it in ways that were unintentional and not part of any agreement," she said.

As a result, SpaceX has since decided to cut the Ukrainian military off.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

If your aren't aware of Musk's political leanings, you haven't been paying attention much. Starlink was never free - it was all paid for. And not just by Ukraine - other nations, including the US, has been footing the bills. Including the Pentagon. Probably nit the smartest move to be dudding such customers for services already paid for.

Fuck that Putler blowing Musk if he's pulling it off Ukraine. Cancel all of his government contracts and any other bonuses/subsidies his companies might be getting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Travel Advisory: Russia – Do Not Travel – 12 February, 2023

If you want to sightsee Russia and/or are a Russiaphiliac , I've got some bad news.

The US has freshly warned of Russia now resembling something of a dystopian third-world hellhole than a strong modern country, noting foreigners are facing increasing discrimination and subjection to unlawful torture and detention. It has also now assured it cannot guarantee your safety should you be there.

The U.S. government’s ability to provide routine or emergency services to U.S. citizens in Russia is severely limited, particularly in areas far from the U.S. Embassy in Moscow, due to Russian government limitations on travel for embassy personnel and staffing, and the ongoing suspension of operations, including consular services, at U.S. consulates.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

Who the hell cares about traveling to Russia at this point in time?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Who the hell cares about traveling to Russia at this point in time?
    You'd be surprised. People want to sightsee Iran and Afghanistan even now.

Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    You'd be surprised. People want to sightsee Iran and Afghanistan even now.
    I'm sure you believe that.

Ha, I knew that report would be hyperventilated about.

It's not the first time they had issued that warning. It's either because they know russia is going to grab westerners for hostage diplomacy or, as the last paragraph mentioned, mobilisation is going to kick up again and such pesky things as foreign citizenship will be ignored.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I wouldn’t be surprised, we still have idiots going to North Korea.

there's nothing surprising about it. You people underestimate tourism. Also, there are people that have dedicated their lives to exploring the entirety of the world.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sadly, he isn't wrong and shit like this happens all the time.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Remember when I wrote this in response to Moldova's crisis a few days ago and was accused of sensationalism?
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    no, that's what I thought they were going to do before.

But now it's clear they're just subverting their democratic government from the inside out. Like the GOP and cyberattack stuff you saw posted a few scrolls up. This is what Russia ultimately does when their threats of upfront violence aren't genuine, they weaken governments and install Kremlin agents or sycophants. It's what they were doing in Crimea as well.

They're fucking everywhere.
    Well, this very topic has been raised today. Take it with SOME grain of salt since Ukraine is known to publish sensationalized propaganda (understandably), but today they claimed to have foiled a secret Russian operation to destabilize Moldova via assassinating its democratic parties. Moldova then stepped up today and accused Russia of plotting said coup.

Moscow, Feb 13 (EFE).- Moldova’s president accused Russia of plotting a coup on Monday, following claims from Ukraine’s president that Moscow was planning to destabilize the former Soviet state.

Maia Sandu claimed Monday that Russia was coordinating a coup in Moldova with the help of foreign citizens who have undergone military training.

“Through violent actions, masked as protests of the so-called opposition, the change of power in Chisinau would be forced,” Sandu told a press briefing.

The Moldovan leader added that the nation’s intelligence agency had reviewed documents sent from “Ukrainian partners” that “demonstrate a good documentation of the locations and logistical aspects for the organization of these subversive activities.”

Ukrainian president Volodymyr Zelenskyy warned of Moscow’s plans to destabilize the former soviet state during an address at the European Parliament last week.

“The plan involves the use of people from outside the country for violent actions. For example, the materials contain instructions on the rules of entry into the Republic of Moldova for citizens of the Russian Federation, the Republic of Belarus, Serbia and Montenegro,” Sandu said.

Russia was also looking to deploy criminal groups to execute its plan, she added.

“The purpose of these actions is to overthrow the constitutional order, to change the legitimate power from Chisinau to an illegitimate one, which would put our country at the disposal of Russia,” Sandu warned.

Key to Russia’s motives is thwarting Moldova’s European Union integration process and securing power over Chisinau so the country can be used in Russian president Vladimir Putin’s ongoing war in neighboring Ukraine, the head of state said.

Sandu said that state security agencies were working to prevent the provocations and to keep the situation under control.

Some sources:
    https://www.laprensalatina.com/moldo...plotting-coup/
    https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/...n-interference
    ----------
    Last edited by YUPPIE; 2023-02-13 at 04:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    russians need to stop smoking.

I know a dude that visited North Korea. It’s was during the Mass Games which is probably the only safe time for a Westerner to visit NK. I don’t think he’d object to visiting Iran or Afghanistan under certain circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    russians need to stop smoking.
    This is what happens when you rip maintenance workers from their jobs and shove them on the frontlines.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Even if, by some miracle, Russia managed to defeat the conventional Ukrainian forces and oust the government, they simply do not have the numbers or logistics to hold and police the country afterwards. They would need over a million troops just to do that, and that's in a situation where the people never fight back. Considering we live in a world where guerilla tactics and non-conventional/asymmetrical warfare are a thing, that wouldn't be enough. Unless they just start genociding everyone left in the country, there's no possible chance for them to win this long-term.