10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbutler View Post
    I'd wager they'd rather try to get russia firmly under their thumb as a puppet, which at this point is a very real possibillity.
    Just imagine:

The russo-Ukrainian war is indeed a proxy war between two super powers: China and the US. Never in my life had I thought this would have been something one could say and not be totally unserious. (I don't think it's true but the thought tickles my funny bone.)

Nah, definitely not a proxy war. China isn't getting involved beyond lip service. The whole thing is just bad news for China, except for getting russia as a vassal state. The complete neutering of russia, reunified and energised Western democracies and the increased production of ammunition and other military equipment is the last thing China wants.

Ukraine seems to have picked up some new unknown long ranged weapon. Some speculation as to what it could be, but all that is known is that they are hitting beyond HIMARS range and striking a lot of targets in places russia must have thought were safe - it started just after Biden's visit and pooties speech and russian reports have stated it was fairly heavy in nature.

Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    Just imagine:

The russo-Ukrainian war is indeed a proxy war between two super powers: China and the US. Never in my life had I thought this would have been something one could say and not be totally unserious. (I don't think it's true but the thought tickles my funny bone.)
    i proxy war between the US and Iran you mean

10+ Year Old Account
    I was a bit tongue-in-cheek with that, it just struck me as a funny notion: putin thinking he's the puppeteer while actually being the puppet of China. Given that a weakened russia is not entirely bad for China, as a consolation prize for putin utterly cocking up this invasion and galvanising the West and NATO in the process.

Anyway, I sincerely DOUBT this is the case, it's just a thought.

This guy nails what the Ukraine -Russia conflict is about

And Furthermore, the $$ that is being sent to the Ukraine could help fix some of America's problems
    like Homelessness, Medical & Crime.

The US War Machine keeps rolling and NATO keeps trying to go east

I was a bit tongue-in-cheek with that, it just struck me as a funny notion: putin thinking he's the puppeteer while actually being the puppet of China. Given that a weakened russia is not entirely bad for China, as a consolation prize for putin utterly cocking up this invasion and galvanising the West and NATO in the process.

Anyway, I sincerely DOUBT this is the case, it's just a thought.
    Meanwhile I don't doubt it at all. China is an empire looking for a periphery, constrained by India, S. Korea and Japan and by strong alliances between the West and most of ASEAN. While its influence in ASEAN countries and much of Oceania (Australia/New Zealand included) cannot be understated, it cannot claim to be a controlling partner nor has it successfully exported ideology or culture there.
    That means that China's alternative is Russia and central Asia. That is the focus of the Belt and Road initiative, far more so than Europe. China desires control over that region and it's primary antagonist for influence there is Russia. China has already used this opportunity to start peeling away Kazakhstan, the ninth largest country by surface area.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo88 View Post

And Furthermore, the $$ that is being sent to the Ukraine could help fix some of America's problems

NATO does not "try", countries that are threatened by raping, murderous hordes of low-lives WANT to seek PROTECTION from the said raping and murdering

But sure, keep drinking the russian kool-aid bruh. You don't join NATO by being invaded by NATO, you join NATO by applying out of your own free will. I'm sure the local republicans want you to believe Ukraine is the threat and US is being misled, instead of...wanting to prevent genocide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    NATO does not "try", countries that are threatened by raping, murderous hordes of low-lives WANT to seek PROTECTION from the said raping and murdering

But sure, keep drinking the russian kool-aid bruh. You don't join NATO by being invaded by NATO, you join NATO by applying out of your own free will. I'm sure the local republicans want you to believe Ukraine is the threat and US is being misled, instead of...wanting to prevent genocide.
    Kool-aid is for Western Capitalist Pig Dogs.

Try Leninade!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    Kool-aid is for Western Capitalist Pig Dogs.

Try Leninade!
    My argument has been dismantled. Filthy Western, morally corrupted pigdogs!

Not often we get random totally-unbiased youtuber links about how Russia is the greatest and most divine protector of life...

No he isn't. Valuetainment is another moronic Trumptard channel. And Jimmy Dore is just fucking stupid.

Ohh look, another sub 50 posts pro-russian poster. I thought Putin cut the funding for that particular unit already back when their star player got himself permanent vacation.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKUtg-4BxMY
    This psycho literally starts the video by claiming there's a "deep state". Like within three seconds. Your point has lost more credibility than it ever could have without this video.
    Last edited by The Stormbringer; 2023-02-23 at 02:31 PM.

Hi ruZZki, getting enough turnips to eat?

Don't think the name of yours went unnoticed. As if it needed further reinforcement how much Putlerites and RuZZkies are just modern day nazis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was wondering indeed about the "88"...

I was wondering indeed about the "88"...
    inb4iwasbornin1988

and NATO keeps trying to go east
    ...and?

Do these idiots believe the "not one inch east" bullshit because they're smoothbrains who have never had a critical thought in their head? rofl

Russa simps are kinda funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    ...and?

Do these idiots believe the "not one inch east" bullshit because they're smoothbrains who have never had a critical thought in their head? rofl

Russa simps are kinda funny.
    Smoothbrains can't function if they are fought against. Not one inch east, so Russia can rape-pillage-murder-invade everyone and everything. To last man, woman and child.

Now if only the world wasn't mostly consisted of smoothbrains :/

I have a question regarding that argument in the first place.

You have the NATO, and the Warsaw pact and the Soviet Union. Neither the Warsaw pact nor the Soviet Union exists any longer.
    Even if the promise to them was made 1990 what the heck does it matter. It's not like just the "name" changed... both things no longer exist.

If a country splits into multiple new ones, wouldn't you have to make new deals with that country anyway? I mean, imagine if the US would split up and every state would become its own nation or republic - if you made a deal with the US+Hawaii to not set up base in Hawaii or whatever, but after the split, Hawaii decides to allow it, why would the then New York or Washington or whatever have the right to stop it by saying "ya but you promised "us" and there is this deal we had"

How do things like these work in case of new countries popping up and military alliances and unions breaking up.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    I have a question regarding that argument in the first place.

You have the NATO, and the Warsaw pact and the Soviet Union. Neither the Warsaw pact nor the Soviet Union exists any longer.
    Even if the promise to them was made 1990 what the heck does it matter. It's not like just the "name" changed... both things no longer exist.

If a country splits into multiple new ones, wouldn't you have to make new deals with that country anyway? I mean, imagine if the US would split up and every state would become its own nation or republic - if you made a deal with the US+Hawaii to not set up base in Hawaii or whatever, but after the split, Hawaii decides to allow it, why would the then New York or Washington or whatever have the right to stop it by saying "ya but you promised "us" and there is this deal we had"

How do things like these work in case of new countries popping up and military alliances and unions breaking up.
    That's the point. It's a bad-faith, dishonest argument from Putin and Russia simps.

Even presuming the "not one inch eastward" line was anything ever actually agreed to by either the defunct Soviet Union or NATO allies, which it never was.