1. #29341
    Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    Ah, wel it was the first time I heard of it. Hope you are doing well and keeping away from the frontline.

    Can you provide us with a bit of an insight of the mood in russia?
    Oh, I'm unlikely to ever go there, given that I've never served in the first place due to health problems, and I'm over the age of conscription, at least for now.

    As for the mood, I can't really say much. The pundits on TV are slowly progressing in their insanity and inanity; the "Talks about the most important" propaganda lessons are apparently such a complete failure due to children truanting them that the government is going to air them on the state channel; those living on state budget and students promised free grades are gathered to create the visibility of public support for the war and complain that the free entertainment isn't worth the cold; the Z-people have long been pushed back to their nihilistic marginalia corner of existence due to their paraphernalia being commercially unviable, with only "virtue" signaling politicians utilizing it as a form of career lift; there's this video of a Samara Oblast Duma deputy for the Communist party attentively listening to the presidential address with literal noodles hanging from his ears; and arrests for solitary anti-war pickets, of course. We're on the whole firmly in the contemptuous stage of social apathy.

    Putin could could end the war tomorrow and everyone except a few loonies, whom he could safely murder, would breath a sigh of relief. But he won't, because he really believes that the Evil West was going to use Ukraine as a staging ground against him, and the help Ukraine gets only proves it. His logic is so perfectly circular that you would need to violate Planck length to give it more resolution. Reportedly, he also believes that it's a good thing that all the problems in the army and industry showed themselves now and not during the inevitable war against NATO, which he apparently believes he can somehow win. I can only guess he has never seen how much the US alone spends on its military. Maybe the best thing Biden can do to end this war is send him his country's budget plan.

  2. #29342


    President Volodymyr Zelenskyy has held a meeting with Prince Faisal bin Farhan Al Saud, Foreign Minister of Saudi Arabia. He can be seen warmly greeting the man (above).

    As the President's press service later reported, the talks emphasised the importance of Saudi Arabia's support for Ukraine's sovereignty and territorial integrity, particularly within the UN. The parties paid special attention to the implementation of the Ukrainian peace formula. Zelenskyy invited Saudi Arabia to take part in the relevant diplomatic process, in particular to join the implementation of certain points of the formula.

    The President emphasised that despite the ongoing armed aggression, our country continues to contribute to global food security. The parties expressed hope that Saudi Arabia would join the Ukrainian initiative to supply grain to African countries suffering from hunger.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

  3. #29343
    Lot of chatter about an explosion at a Belarusian airfield being used by russia, in which 1 of only 7 working russian awacs was taken out, reportedly by Belarusian partisans using drones.

  4. #29344
    The Lightbringer Iphie's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Suomi/Nederland
    Posts
    3,001
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Lot of chatter about an explosion at a Belarusian airfield being used by russia, in which 1 of only 7 working russian awacs was taken out, reportedly by Belarusian partisans using drones.
    I don't suppose the 6 remaining can be spared easily from their defensive tasks. I mean, with the deployment of, allegedly, 97% of the russian army in Ukraine their defenses are stretched as it is.

  5. #29345
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post


    President Volodymyr Zelenskyy has held a meeting with Prince Faisal bin Farhan Al Saud, Foreign Minister of Saudi Arabia. He can be seen warmly greeting the man (above).

    As the President's press service later reported, the talks emphasised the importance of Saudi Arabia's support for Ukraine's sovereignty and territorial integrity, particularly within the UN. The parties paid special attention to the implementation of the Ukrainian peace formula. Zelenskyy invited Saudi Arabia to take part in the relevant diplomatic process, in particular to join the implementation of certain points of the formula.

    The President emphasised that despite the ongoing armed aggression, our country continues to contribute to global food security. The parties expressed hope that Saudi Arabia would join the Ukrainian initiative to supply grain to African countries suffering from hunger.
    Lmao. Before anyone tries to racist, I am arab.

    But this shows you just how two faced Gulf Nations really are. Guaranteed they support Russia materially. KSA can never fully be against Russia when they are far more anti-turkish

  6. #29346
    It's probably also driven by Iran. Iran is backing russia so SA naturally will back Ukraine as a result.

  7. #29347
    Bloodsail Admiral
    3+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    1,087
    The Russian military on state-sponsored tv tonight suggested nuking the San Andreas Fault and Yellowstone in order to set off the caldera and earthquakes, with the genius theory that it would end Western civilization. A) that's not how earthquakes work, B) nuclear war on the US or NATO is bi-directional, something some Russians are apparently need reminded of, and C) it's a good example of why the appeasement and isolationist suggestions of the right - mimicking the flawed and ridiculed policies of Neville Chamberlain prior to WW2, can't be taken seriously. Yes, let's copy the disastrous policy of the worst Western leader that history proved most wrong in the entire 20th century which lead to empowering Hitler to invade Europe under false historical claims (sound familiar?) and the caused the deaths of millions, brilliant idea.

  8. #29348
    The Lightbringer Iphie's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Suomi/Nederland
    Posts
    3,001
    Quote Originally Posted by Biglog View Post
    The Russian military on state-sponsored tv tonight suggested nuking the San Andreas Fault and Yellowstone in order to set off the caldera and earthquakes, with the genius theory that it would end Western civilization. A) that's not how earthquakes work, B) nuclear war on the US or NATO is bi-directional, something some Russians are apparently need reminded of, and C) it's a good example of why the appeasement and isolationist suggestions of the right - mimicking the flawed and ridiculed policies of Neville Chamberlain prior to WW2, can't be taken seriously. Yes, let's copy the disastrous policy of the worst Western leader that history proved most wrong in the entire 20th century which lead to empowering Hitler to invade Europe under false historical claims (sound familiar?) and the caused the deaths of millions, brilliant idea.
    As I commented on a certain YouTube channel a day or so ago when this was aired: "Do these jokers have any idea how strong the nukes need to be to achieve what they want? At that point they might as well just use the nukes on military targets."
    Last edited by Iphie; 2023-02-27 at 08:39 AM.

  9. #29349
    Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    As I commented on a certain YouTube channel a day or so ago when this was aired: "Do these jokers have any idea how strong the nukes need to be to achieve what they want? At that point they might was just use the nukes on military targets."
    even if they could do that, they'd shoot themselves in the foot several times over... the amount of soot from the eruption would blanket the earth for several years atleast.

  10. #29350
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    If that is the case, they do not signal it very well. Not now, not with Crimea in 2014 and not with Georgia in 2008.
    Just how much effort they put into messaging will obviously be tailored to every moment, but you will not catch them actively condoning land grabs.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Lmao. Before anyone tries to racist, I am arab.

    But this shows you just how two faced Gulf Nations really are. Guaranteed they support Russia materially. KSA can never fully be against Russia when they are far more anti-turkish
    And they are vehemently anti-Iran. I'd say their motivation in supporting Ukraine is opposing Iran.

  11. #29351
    Quote Originally Posted by Biglog View Post
    The Russian military on state-sponsored tv tonight suggested nuking the San Andreas Fault and Yellowstone in order to set off the caldera and earthquakes, with the genius theory that it would end Western civilization.
    "We're 1980's Bond villains now and our war plans are drawn up by Wile E. Coyote!" -Russia.

  12. #29352
    Are none of you bothered by the fact Zelenksy is regularly talking to Saudi officials? I don't mention it too often, as though it's a sporadic occurrence, but it's actually not that infrequent. I mean, it's Saudi Arabia, who is also raping and pillaging Yemen like how Russia is doing to Ukraine. The point is not lost on some commentators.

    Regardless...

    Following that meeting I mentioned, Saudi Arabia pledges 400 million worth of aid to Ukraine.
    Last edited by YUPPIE; 2023-02-27 at 02:08 PM.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

  13. #29353
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    Are none of you bothered by the fact Zelenksy is regularly talking to Saudi officials? I don't mention it too often, as though it's a sporadic occurrence, but it's actually not that infrequent. I mean, it's Saudi Arabia.

    Following that meeting I mentioned, Saudi Arabia pledges 400 million worth of aid to Ukraine.
    Your wondering why someone facing an existential crisis in his country is willing to accept any and all help to preserve his nation?
    Your time banned certainly hasn't helped your insight.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

  14. #29354
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Your wondering why someone facing an existential crisis in his country is willing to accept any and all help to preserve his nation?
    so you don't think it really matters that Zelenksy accepting Saudis means it's further propelling them to the stage of international politics and relations? The Ukraine war is a big deal on the world stage, and nations that are third-world or sanctioned could be opportunistic to use the situation to improve their own standings.

    If the civilized world wanted Saudi Arabia to be alienated publicly like Russia, something like this is a huge step back.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

  15. #29355
    Over 9000! ringpriest's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The Silk Road
    Posts
    9,456
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    so you don't think it really matters that Zelenksy accepting Saudis means it's further propelling them to the stage of international politics and relations? The Ukraine war is a big deal on the world stage, and nations that are third-world or sanctioned could be opportunistic to use the situation to improve their own standings.

    If the civilized world wanted Saudi Arabia to be alienated publicly like Russia, something like this is a huge step back.
    The Saudi dictatorship is still a part of the international community of nations, regardless of how anyone feels about it. MBS' government is neither North Korea nor the Taliban. Virtually everyone talks to and does business with Arabia (including former President Trump's son-in-law). Singling out Zelensky and Ukraine, and trying to lower the general opinion of them for doing something that is perfectly within current international norms is a very obviously what Putin's propagandists would want.

    Whether Yuppers here is pushing a Russian narrative deliberately or completely by accident, I have no way to know. Other posters are quite capable of looking at posting history and drawing their own conclusions.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

  16. #29356
    Anyone seen this final all-out assault that decides the the whole course of the war?

    A prophet told it would happen on 24th. Where's the all-in offensive?

  17. #29357
    Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    Anyone seen this final all-out assault that decides the the whole course of the war?

    A prophet told it would happen on 24th. Where's the all-in offensive?
    It started before the 24th. The reason we haven't really seen it is because it completely failed.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

  18. #29358
    Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    "is it in already?"
    I-it is a perfectly averagely sized assault.

  19. #29359
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    It started before the 24th. The reason we haven't really seen it is because it completely failed.
    Great prophet was wrong again.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    I-it is a perfectly averagely sized assault.
    Size doesn't matter. In Soviet Union, you die regardless. By your own.

  20. #29360
    The Lightbringer Iphie's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Suomi/Nederland
    Posts
    3,001
    Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    Anyone seen this final all-out assault that decides the the whole course of the war?

    A prophet told it would happen on 24th. Where's the all-in offensive?
    It petered out. I've seen videos of russians driving IFV down a road in Vuhledar towards a crossroads which is obviously mined, as can be seen by the OTHER 6-8 burned out wrecks, and just...drive into the minefield with predictable results. That's not gonna result in a great offensive.

    At Bakhmut they're making a little bit of progress but Wanker SS has to beg for every scrap of ammo, and when they get it a not insignificant amount is rusted beyond recovery. In the meantime prig is beefing with everyone of the elites telling them the times of executions of dissenters should return. I see a "spontaneous self-defenestration" or a game of russian roulette with a semi-automatic in his near future. (Yes, I know, yes, I meant that, no, I'm not stupid.)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •