1. #29781
    Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    That would, however, require combined arms, something russia notably has been neglecting. With predictable results.
    yea watching the drive randomly into minefields is funny too.

    quite galling watching the drones drop grenades on them when they are next to tanks as well. like buddy get inside the fucking armour thats right next to you.

  2. #29782
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    You really need to stop masturbating to how horrible person Putin is.
    It just shocks me once in a while when you see news like that because of my own childhood teachings; like my parents always told me killing someone is a one-way ticket to hell and how horrible it is. But that's just common sense even without religious jargon.

    For Putin, it's like nothing. It's as natural to him as breathing. And like someone said, he's at least been at it for a decade. How does he not feel even the slightest bit of guilt?

    That's why I think he's at least an interesting person. I really don't know how someone could have what, at least several thousands, of deaths to their name and function when we've seen people commit suicide for the guilt of merely being complicit in a murder case.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

  3. #29783
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    It just shocks me once in a while when you see news like that because of my own childhood teachings; like my parents always told me killing someone is a one-way ticket to hell and how horrible it is. But that's just common sense even without religious jargon.

    For Putin, it's like nothing. It's as natural to him as breathing. And like someone said, he's at least been at it for a decade. How does he not feel even the slightest bit of guilt?

    That's why I think he's at least an interesting person. I really don't know how someone could have what, at least several thousands, of deaths to their name and function when we've seen people commit suicide for the guilt of merely being complicit in a murder case.
    Bless you. You truly are too pure of a soul for this world.

  4. #29784
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    It just shocks me once in a while when you see news like that because of my own childhood teachings; like my parents always told me killing someone is a one-way ticket to hell and how horrible it is. But that's just common sense even without religious jargon.

    For Putin, it's like nothing. It's as natural to him as breathing. And like someone said, he's at least been at it for a decade. How does he not feel even the slightest bit of guilt?

    That's why I think he's at least an interesting person. I really don't know how someone could have what, at least several thousands, of deaths to their name and function when we've seen people commit suicide for the guilt of merely being complicit in a murder case.
    There are millions of people like that in this world with a disproportionate number of them in positions of power with the only holding them back being accountability.

    The only thing about this is he is in a position where he has little to no accountability and hasn’t for a long time.

    There is nothing special about this man historically or personality wise. He is a dime a dozen.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

  5. #29785
    The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Look behind you.
    Posts
    3,429
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    meh effectiveness of a tank is based on the skillfulness of its crew and its deployment. Even those tanks are mean if used correctly.
    So those tanks are double fucked, then?

  6. #29786
    Titan Yunru's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    The Continent of Orsterra
    Posts
    12,495
    Well i guess russans will get demoralized now:



    This is a 6 year old video for example to compare russan side:


    But real question is if soldiers even get those in russan army at all.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

  7. #29787
    Those Russian MREs look like nasty cat food.

  8. #29788
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    meh effectiveness of a tank is based on the skillfulness of its crew and its deployment. Even those tanks are mean if used correctly.
    Skill can only take you so far in tanks these old - they were designed during ww2 to counter Tigers. The T54s began to be made in 1946. They have day-time only optic sights, poor mobility and poor armour compared to modern tanks - even the T62 is vastly superior to it. And the fuel tank is stored inside the crew compartment for added fun.

    On top of that it will strain russian logistics even more given it used yet another ammo type and has a different engine to all their other tanks. Oh, and it is the only tank in the russian service that doesn't have an autoloader. It requires a 4 man crew and a manual loader, which russians have not had any experience with for a long time.

    A couple of looks at it and the problems it will have. There is very little short of small arms that won't pop it.

    Probably they'll dig them in to use as pillboxes.
    Last edited by Corvus; 2023-03-23 at 12:47 AM.

  9. #29789
    Merely a Setback Kaleredar's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    25,849
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    meh effectiveness of a tank is based on the skillfulness of its crew and its deployment. Even those tanks are mean if used correctly.
    I mean, hasn't Russia taken catastrophic losses to their tank divisions?

    I doubt they have a "secret super experienced skilled tank guys" just waiting in the wings at this point.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  10. #29790
    The Lightbringer Iphie's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Suomi/Nederland
    Posts
    3,071
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I mean, hasn't Russia taken catastrophic losses to their tank divisions?

    I doubt they have a "secret super experienced skilled tank guys" just waiting in the wings at this point.
    Yep...their First Guards Tank Army, the elite of the elite, has been destroyed 3 times already (after reconstitution). It ran at Kharkiv and left a lot of good equipment behind.

  11. #29791
    Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    Yep...their First Guards Tank Army, the elite of the elite, has been destroyed 3 times already (after reconstitution). It ran at Kharkiv and left a lot of good equipment behind.
    Lord help us if they start conscripting War Thunder or World of Tanks players. Let the lads pew pew in their waifu skinned digital tanks, Vlad.

  12. #29792
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Skill can only take you so far in tanks these old - they were designed during ww2 to counter Tigers. The T54s began to be made in 1946. They have day-time only optic sights, poor mobility and poor armour compared to modern tanks - even the T62 is vastly superior to it. And the fuel tank is stored inside the crew compartment for added fun.

    On top of that it will strain russian logistics even more given it used yet another ammo type and has a different engine to all their other tanks. Oh, and it is the only tank in the russian service that doesn't have an autoloader. It requires a 4 man crew and a manual loader, which russians have not had any experience with for a long time.

    A couple of looks at it and the problems it will have. There is very little short of small arms that won't pop it.

    Probably they'll dig them in to use as pillboxes.
    the best tank is one that can kill all armoured threats with a single shot. Which is all of them.

    the better crew with better C4ISR and a worse tank will kill a worse crew with a better tank.

    In ukraine most tank engagements ive seen are below 1km and i have only seen a handful of tank vs tank engagements.

    those tanks are fine, but if you use them like idiots and you crew sucks (which seems to be a thing with russians) you are in trouble, better to have them than not.

  13. #29793
    The Lightbringer Iphie's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Suomi/Nederland
    Posts
    3,071
    Just realised, those T-55 and T-54 tank designs are older than putin himself. That country is really a joke.

  14. #29794
    Scarab Lord Zaydin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    FL, USA
    Posts
    4,686
    Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    Just realised, those T-55 and T-54 tank designs are older than putin himself. That country is really a joke.
    And they will be extremely vulnerable to any remotely modern AT weapons. Hell, they will be vulnerable to AT weapons that are 30-40 years old.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

  15. #29795
    The Lightbringer Iphie's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Suomi/Nederland
    Posts
    3,071
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    And they will be extremely vulnerable to any remotely modern AT weapons. Hell, they will be vulnerable to AT weapons that are 30-40 years old.
    Yeah, those DU shots aren't even going to be needed. (I'm kinda iffy on those anyway.)

  16. #29796
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Skill can only take you so far in tanks these old - they were designed during ww2 to counter Tigers.
    All you had to do to counter a Tiger column was to fall back half a mile to a mile. The Tigers would then run out of fuel or breakdown. German logistics couldn't keep them up and running.. Mustangs were great at killing those sitting ducks too!

  17. #29797
    It's the Ukranians saying this so take it with a grain of salt (for morale reasons), but the Russians are apparently very worn out in Bahkmut despite reports earlier this month on their breakthroughs. The Ukrainians say a "big" counterattack is coming in response.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

  18. #29798
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    It's the Ukranians saying this so take it with a grain of salt (for morale reasons), but the Russians are apparently very worn out in Bahkmut despite reports earlier this month on their breakthroughs. The Ukrainians say a "big" counterattack is coming in response.
    worn out and having made a (tiny) breakthrough are not mutually exclusive in any way. Considering the severity of the fighting both sides there not being very worn out would be highly unlikely.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

  19. #29799
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    It's the Ukranians saying this so take it with a grain of salt (for morale reasons), but the Russians are apparently very worn out in Bahkmut despite reports earlier this month on their breakthroughs. The Ukrainians say a "big" counterattack is coming in response.
    some brutal videos coming out of bahkmut seen multiple russians commiting suicide as drones drop grenades on them

  20. #29800
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    worn out and having made a (tiny) breakthrough are not mutually exclusive in any way. Considering the severity of the fighting both sides there not being very worn out would be highly unlikely.
    What happens if the Russians lose Bahkmut, though? Remember that although he's evil as fuck, the Wagner leader believably explained the strategic importance of maintaining Bahkmut to the Russians - and how fucked they are if they can't.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •