Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Ye well, the impotence in dealing with one of their members shows otherwise. Like when Russian ambassador interrupted their minute of silence to honor Ukrainian victims. Russia taking over presidency is yet another PR hit.
    That impotence is a feature, not a bug. The council would be useless without Russia and China in it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    That impotence is a feature, not a bug. The council would be useless without Russia and China in it.
    And it is not useless, when one of their members "suddenly" turns out to be a warmongering bandit state that does not care about sovereignty of other nations and for many years was commencing assassinations, cyber attacks, strong-arming and outright invasions on other countries?
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

And it is not useless, when one of their members "suddenly" turns out to be a warmongering bandit state that does not care about sovereignty of other nations and for many years was commencing assassinations, cyber attacks, strong-arming and outright invasions on other countries?
    Yes, the US should indeed have been expelled after the Iraq war when they destroyed the validity of the UNSC but hey, we are all still here.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Yes, the US should indeed have been expelled after the Iraq war when they destroyed the validity of the UNSC but hey, we are all still here.
    Somehow I knew you would say that. USA did a crap thing, so now it's a fair game for everyone else. But hey, I'm sure Russia will do well presiding an org that has peacekeeping as one of it's major missions. How many civilian mass graves already discovered in Ukraine?
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2023-04-02 at 10:45 AM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Somehow I knew you would say that. But hey, I'm sure Russia will do well presiding an org that has peacekeeping as one of it's major missions.
    We should not be blind to the fact that whatever world order kept the peace during the Cold War died just a decade after it ended by US hands, not by Russian hands. The US absolutely was the one that made it clear that they no longer believed they needed any compromise or buy in from any other power in the world to act. Russia even supported the Yugoslavian resolutions ffs. Every action Russia has taken points back to that moment of unilateralism and the reason why Russia and China have the support or at least the indifference of the Global South, the fastest growing areas in population in the world, is because of that. I agree with neither action but that is irrelevant. It doesn't excuse Russia's actions but it certainly helps explain them.
    But trying to call out the UNSC for being toothless when it was our side that pulled its teeth is ludicrous. It's staying there at least to help prevent nuclear war and to make it easy for the West to bring China to the table on issue regarding Russia.
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2023-04-02 at 10:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone that thinks it's a problem with how the UN is structured in that the UN isn't trying to actually impose things on the big boys at the table, ought to look into how things went down with it's predecessor.

It's a forum for getting them to all sit at the same table at least, much more than that can't really be asked without having them decide even that isn't worth their time, and just walk away from it entirely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Anyone that thinks it's a problem with how the UN is structured in that the UN isn't trying to actually impose things on the big boys at the table, ought to look into how things went down with it's predecessor.

It's a forum for getting them to all sit at the same table at least, much more than that can't really be asked without having them decide even that isn't worth their time, and just walk away from it entirely.
    Yeah, that League of Nations was not the best thing ever, it was also heavily stacked in favour of the colonial powers in order to protect their interests. The idea was laudable, but the implementation was extremely bad.

Yes.
    The point of the security council is for nuclear powers to say "no, we are not ok with you doing that". So long as the nukes are not flying the security council is fulfilling its purpose.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Pro-Kremlin blogger Vladlen Tatarsky in the Kremlin Grand Hall adds his commentary after Putin's speech:

"We'll conquer everyone, we'll kill everyone, we'll loot whoever we need to, and everything will be just as we like it."

https://twitter.com/francis_scarr/st...58995276656641

A source tells Russian state news agency RIA Novosti that military blogger Vladlen Tatarsky (real name Maxim Fomin) has been killed by a blast in a cafe in St Petersburg where he was giving a talk

womp womp

Here's a pretty outlandish story trending:

Russia reportedly makes its own female soldiers "sex slaves"; these soldiers are supposedly forced to commit sexual favors to men or face consequences. It has recently come out that Russia has allegedly committed crimes not just against Ukrainians but also against the soldiers in its own army, particularly women.

Female Russian combat medics serving on the front lines in Ukraine are reportedly being used as "field wives," according to Radio Free Europe. This is to say, they are being used as sex slaves by other Russian combat soldiers.

In an interview with Radio Free Europe, one such woman revealed that Russian officers force women to perform sexual acts with them and rape them repeatedly. Those who manage to refuse face abuse.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    Pro-Kremlin blogger Vladlen Tatarsky in the Kremlin Grand Hall adds his commentary after Putin's speech:

"We'll conquer everyone, we'll kill everyone, we'll loot whoever we need to, and everything will be just as we like it."

A source tells Russian state news agency RIA Novosti that military blogger Vladlen Tatarsky (real name Maxim Fomin) has been killed by a blast in a cafe in St Petersburg where he was giving a talk

womp womp
    How terribly inconsiderate and messy of him.

Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    Here's a pretty outlandish story trending:

Russia reportedly makes its own female soldiers "sex slaves"; these soldiers are supposedly forced to commit sexual favors to men or face consequences. It has recently come out that Russia has allegedly committed crimes not just against Ukrainians but also against the soldiers in its own army, particularly women.

Female Russian combat medics serving on the front lines in Ukraine are reportedly being used as "field wives," according to Radio Free Europe. This is to say, they are being used as sex slaves by other Russian combat soldiers.

In an interview with Radio Free Europe, one such woman revealed that Russian officers force women to perform sexual acts with them and rape them repeatedly. Those who manage to refuse face abuse.
    russia being russia, I mean yes it's terrible but are you really surprised?

womp womp
    Thoughts and prayers.

Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    are you really surprised?
    I mean that's some literal barbarian shit, right there. So yeah.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    I mean that's some literal barbarian shit, right there. So yeah.
    My sweet summer child.

A dead right wing Russian nationalist. Such a shame.

I do have a good laugh when Brits are accused of imperialist tendencies

Kind of pales into insignificance at the moment

- - - Updated - - -

Next up, please:

Margarita Simonyan, Tina Kandelaki & Anton Krasovsky

Krasovsky in particular:

"there should not be any Ukrainians at all"

"Ukrainian children should have been thrown into river to make them drown there or been burned alive in their cottages"

etc.

Moar dead Russian nationalists please.

Or is that bit too strong for MMO-Champ? Civility is, of course, the most important virtue.
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles
    If I weren't golfing in Thailand right now, where boys can still be boys and I assure you I'm far from impotent, I could link all the sources for you but head to facts4eu and educate yourself, they will have them for you. Too much Guardian is not good for you.
    the dark ages, those were probably the fault of Europe too

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LeGin v3 View Post

Next up, please:

Margarita Simonyan, Tina Kandelaki & Anton Krasovsky

Krasovsky in particular:

"there should not be any Ukrainians at all"

"Ukrainian children should have been thrown into river to make them drown there or been burned alive in their cottages"

etc.

Moar dead Russian nationalists please.

Or is that bit too strong for MMO-Champ? Civility is, of course, the most important virtue.
    Oh no don't worry these individuals have been discussed already.

Oh no don't worry these individuals have been discussed already.
    Great, so I'm not going to incur an infraction. Good to know.
    If I weren't golfing in Thailand right now, where boys can still be boys and I assure you I'm far from impotent, I could link all the sources for you but head to facts4eu and educate yourself, they will have them for you. Too much Guardian is not good for you.
    the dark ages, those were probably the fault of Europe too

womp womp
    And once more muscovy police make an arrest even before the body is cold. Surprisingly they didn't try to blame it on Ukraine, but blamed a 26 year old anti-war feminist. Press X to doubt. Its amazing how fast they can move to make an arrest but still can't prevent this kind of attacks.

The bomb was reportedly hidden in a figurine or bust given to him - and there is video of a person handing it over. Guess what? It wasn't a female handing it over. Hrm. And the cafe was previously owned by none other than the Prig himself. Double hrm.

This has political infighting written all over it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    And once more muscovy police make an arrest even before the body is cold. Surprisingly they didn't try to blame it on Ukraine, but blamed a 26 year old anti-war feminist. Press X to doubt. Its amazing how fast they can move to make an arrest but still can't prevent this kind of attacks.

The bomb was reportedly hidden in a figurine or bust given to him - and there is video of a person handing it over. Guess what? It wasn't a female handing it over. Hrm. And the cafe was previously owned by none other than the Prig himself. Double hrm.

This has political infighting written all over it.
    Agreed, i wonder who it is aimed at though, Prig or putin? I can make the case for either, it happened at Prig's venue but you can equally claim that this makes putin look weak as he and his security services can't protect russians in their homelands.

Edit: Ok I came across some more information and this looks clearly aimed at Prig, if this is true of course:

The real name of the deceased military correspondent is Maxim Fomin.

-He was born in Makiivka near Donetsk. 3 years before Maidan revolution, he was sentenced to 12 years in prison for an armed bank robbery. He didn’t serve his term in full: Evgeny Prigozhin, the chief of Wagner, recruited Fomin to become a “Freedom fighter” in 2014.

-Vladlen Tatarsky fought on the side of the self-proclaimed Luhansk People’s Republic since 2014, and then moved to Moscow, doing video streams and writing books.

-In 2022, when Russia invaded Ukraine, he again went to Donbas as a military correspondent.

-Half a million people subscribed to his Telegram channel.

-On March 28, Tatarsky wrote that he was at the front lines of besieged Bakhmut, accompanied by none other than Evgeny Prigozhin.

More edit:

-Prigozhin himself was rumored to be attending the event: a “creative evening” devoted specifically to Vladlen Tatarsky, “There is such profession – military correspondent” on 2 April 2023.
    Last edited by Iphie; 2023-04-03 at 03:30 AM.

Agreed, i wonder who it is aimed at though, Prig or putin? I can make the case for either, it happened at Prig's venue but you can equally claim that this makes putin look weak as he and his security services can't protect russians in their homelands.
    if its infighting its wagner vs the fsb/mod