1. #30161
    The Lightbringer Iphie's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Suomi/Nederland
    Posts
    3,000
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Remember the incident with the RAF plane over the black Sea, where a russian plane released a weapon near it? Well, it was much more serious than that according to the leaks.

    The pilot misheard what ground control was saying, locked onto the surveillance plane and fired and it was only a misfire that prevented a shoot down.

    https://twitter.com/RALee85/status/1...552352768?s=20
    Amazing how lucky our planet has been over the last 75+ years...

  2. #30162
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    actual shame it didnt cause an incident tbh.

    Would like to see us go blast these russian cunts asap. pretty sure id get called up as a reservist. letss gooooo.
    If you're that eager I'm sure the Ukraine volunteer force has a spot for you.

  3. #30163
    Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    Amazing how lucky our planet has been over the last 75+ years...
    Nothing major would have happened. If he had shot down the UK plane we wouldn't have had WW3. It would have been more sanctions and maybe a more proactive approach to defending airspace but no more.

    There are a lot of steps before the world gets 'unlucky'.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

  4. #30164
    The Lightbringer Iphie's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Suomi/Nederland
    Posts
    3,000
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Nothing major would have happened. If he had shot down the UK plane we wouldn't have had WW3. It would have been more sanctions and maybe a more proactive approach to defending airspace but no more.

    There are a lot of steps before the world gets 'unlucky'.
    The leak says it could have amounted to "an act of war", meaning that it could have been used as a reason to wipe russia. But even if we discount that one, I deliberately said "75+" years, a lot of crap has happened which could have resulted in a TPK for Earth in the last 7 decades.

  5. #30165
    The West wouldn't have done much even if they shot down the plane. Tho it would have been interesting.

  6. #30166
    Immortal Poopymonster's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Neverland Ranch Survivor
    Posts
    7,177
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Perhaps the higher-ups in the military might realize that these ultra-right wing loons that fester within the armed forces and who are loyal to a specific political ideology more than the actual country are a direct threat to national security.

    Wouldn't that be nice.
    "But that would hurt our military readiness, expelling that large of a percentage!"
    followed by
    "WOW! There are so many x-military applying to be police offices, they still want to serve."
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok


    If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

  7. #30167
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Perhaps the higher-ups in the military might realize that these ultra-right wing loons that fester within the armed forces and who are loyal to a specific political ideology more than the actual country are a direct threat to national security.

    Wouldn't that be nice.
    national security risk especially since their " thought leaders" trump/tucker openly want putin to to take over the US

  8. #30168
    The Lightbringer Iphie's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Suomi/Nederland
    Posts
    3,000
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    The West wouldn't have done much even if they shot down the plane. Tho it would have been interesting.
    Eh, I wouldn't be too sure, I think a lot would have depended on russia's response. Like if they would have said "our bad, there was a miscommunication between our ground crew and the aircrew", then yes, not much would have happened beyond some harsh words and increased tensions. If, however, russia would have said: "well you shouldn't have been there", then I'm fairly certain at least the UK would have responded. Art. 5 would probably have been a bridge to far but perhaps the gloves would have come of in regards to what would have been given to Ukraine.

  9. #30169
    Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    intelligence leaker is a pro russia maga aligned conservative
    From the article above, i don't read anything about him being pro Russia, but mostly did it to gain attention from other boys / young men.

  10. #30170
    Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    Eh, I wouldn't be too sure, I think a lot would have depended on russia's response. Like if they would have said "our bad, there was a miscommunication between our ground crew and the aircrew", then yes, not much would have happened beyond some harsh words and increased tensions. If, however, russia would have said: "well you shouldn't have been there", then I'm fairly certain at least the UK would have responded. Art. 5 would probably have been a bridge to far but perhaps the gloves would have come of in regards to what would have been given to Ukraine.
    >Russia admitting to a mistake they made
    Hah. Good one m8.

  11. #30171
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Perhaps the higher-ups in the military might realize that these ultra-right wing loons that fester within the armed forces and who are loyal to a specific political ideology more than the actual country are a direct threat to national security.

    Wouldn't that be nice.
    Problem is, they can't do shit about it. Recruitment is down hardcore right now.

  12. #30172
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    From the article above, i don't read anything about him being pro Russia, but mostly did it to gain attention from other boys / young men.
    i read god and guns, thats basically maga 101
    im almost positive more will come out he will be a tucker watcher and his youtube follow list will be full of those pro russia conservatives with frequent tulsi gabbard retweets to.

    i dont see any other explanation than military officer who moves up in ranks that had access to that info, and that ( like alot of military members) also had right wing political leaniings trying to hurt ukraine because tucker told him ukraine wants to turn everyone gay. most conservatives arent traitors but a very large faction are and 1 person in the inside can do so much damage
    Last edited by arandomuser; 2023-04-13 at 11:49 AM.

  13. #30173
    Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    Eh, I wouldn't be too sure, I think a lot would have depended on russia's response. Like if they would have said "our bad, there was a miscommunication between our ground crew and the aircrew", then yes, not much would have happened beyond some harsh words and increased tensions. If, however, russia would have said: "well you shouldn't have been there", then I'm fairly certain at least the UK would have responded. Art. 5 would probably have been a bridge to far but perhaps the gloves would have come of in regards to what would have been given to Ukraine.
    Remember Turkey shooting down a Russian fighter a while ago and nothing happening? Basically the same thing.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

  14. #30174
    The Lightbringer Iphie's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Suomi/Nederland
    Posts
    3,000
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    >Russia admitting to a mistake they made
    Hah. Good one m8.
    Somehow they must have, otherwise we wouldn't know that it was a miscommunication RIGHTnow, now wouldn't we?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Remember Turkey shooting down a Russian fighter a while ago and nothing happening? Basically the same thing.
    Different situation, different country and different levels of respect. Turkey had warned russia, russia was stupid, Turkey did what they did and russia said "okay, you win". But otherwise, yeah, totally the same.

  15. #30175
    Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    i read god and guns, thats basically maga 101
    That doesn't necessarily mean that person is Pro Russia.

    This entire movement isn't necessarily a unison, the neocon conservative movement was also often described as a three legged stool.
    Simply because one held onto a specific aspect of these three legs, doesn't mean they personally agreed with the other two, which was usually done out of sheer pragmatism to get a majority, as each stool on its own didn't get a majority.

    Disregarding that having a gun fetish (especially for someone who works in the military) and being christian isn't something that came along with Trump.
    I don't discount the possibility, but as i said, nothing in the article says that the person leaked that to support Russia, this seems to be more along the lines of previous War Thunder leaks, where people leaked stuff to get either attention or win an internet argument.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2023-04-13 at 12:06 PM.

  16. #30176
    Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    Somehow they must have, otherwise we wouldn't know that it was a miscommunication RIGHTnow, now wouldn't we?
    I didn't read the article yet, but I assume it was a case of NATO sigint listening to Russian flight control talking with the Russian fighter jet.

  17. #30177
    The Lightbringer Iphie's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Suomi/Nederland
    Posts
    3,000
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    I didn't read the article yet, but I assume it was a case of NATO sigint listening to Russian flight control talking with the Russian fighter jet.
    As far as I know the Britts went and had a chat with the russians about the incident, so I assume the russians admitted it there (which in and off itself implies they have no appetite for NATO to become really involved). In general I agree with you though, russians do not admit to their mistakes, it's always someone else's fault.

  18. #30178
    Elemental Lord Makabreska's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Streets Strange by Moonlight
    Posts
    8,663
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    >Russia admitting to a mistake they made
    Hah. Good one m8.
    Well, there is a difference between what countries say to the public and what they say to other govs during closed doors diplomacy.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2023-04-13 at 12:46 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

  19. #30179
    The Lightbringer Iphie's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Suomi/Nederland
    Posts
    3,000
    US says they almost know who leaked

    Somebody is going to have a bad day real soon...

  20. #30180
    Old God Milchshake's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Shitposter Burn Out
    Posts
    10,075
    Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    US says they almost know who leaked

    Somebody is going to have a bad day real soon...
    Whats the worst that could happen .. a 3 Day ban from MMOC? /s

    Too bad this guy didnt sell out to Green Glennwald first. They he's be on a plane to Moscow about now.

    Coincidentally, Ed Snowden was another 20-something, racist, libertarian/RW, know-it-all, white dude, who thought he was 'enlightened'.
    Last edited by Milchshake; 2023-04-13 at 02:40 PM.
    Government Affiliated Snark

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •