Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    I know, that it's unpopular opinion, but I guess you guys have never participated in real wars, so you don't even know, what it means to fall asleep for 8 years in a row, while not knowing, if you'll wake up tomorrow, because bomb can hit your home at night.
    i grew up in the troubles on the falls

If the russians were expecting the Ukrainians to fall over they are in for a rude awakening.

go on home russian soldiers go on home, Have u got no fuckin homes of your own

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    If Putin suddenly croaks in a few days...
    ...Nothing would change.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Ukrainian army is counter attacking the Russian airborne at the Gostomel airport.
    If Ukraine manages to bring heavy weapons to this fight the Russian SOF without vehicles and artillery are gonna get chewed up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I recall the "drills" in school in case of a nuke attack.
    Here they just produced the film ‘Threads’ so we were all aware surviving it wasn’t that desirable anyway.

Does anyone have a twitter that reports what actually going on in the battlefield? this Marc rubio guy doesn't tweet now.

Do Ukrainians stand a chance as it is now?

Is there a live feed somewhere with real time news?

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    HAHAHAAHAHAHA WELLL!!! He is probably NOT going to croak in a few days by any means, but he is 69 Years old, who knows he might have another decade or more if reports like this, https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/...-putins-health are correct.
    *nods firmly* Yep...no worries about plausible denial.

Kyiv roads are snarled.
    Last edited by Shadowferal; 2022-02-24 at 02:37 PM. Reason: autocorrect is shitty

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampiregenesis View Post
    Does anyone have a twitter that reports what actually going on in the battlefield? this Marc rubio guy doesn't tweet now.

Won’t be regular forces and engagements that decide that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Here they just produced the film ‘Threads’ so we were all aware surviving it wasn’t that desirable anyway.
    When I got older and realized the same that living life on a Hell on Earth wasn't about living...

try news aggregators like : https://twitter.com/Conflicts etc

https://twitter.com/Liveuamap?ref_sr...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

https://liveuamap.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    That generation largely had their own countries attacked before entering the war.

But I do tend to agree that we could have done more to deter this. Russia doesn't want war with NATO any more than NATO wants war with Russia. If we had taken a more firm stance, there's a good chance Russia never would have been invaded. But the flipside of that is if we called Putin's bluff and he decided to go all in anyway, it would have been the start of a conflict the world hasn't seen in 80 years. The death and human suffering would have been horrifying.

But if you don't stop a bully, they don't stop bullying. This won't end here. My biggest fear is that if Trump gets re-elected, Putin invades Estonia or one of the other Baltics, surmising that Trump wouldn't be willing to go to war to protect Estonia. He'd probably be correct, as Trump appears to be in Putin's pocket to begin with, but that would be the dismantling of NATO.
    I mean....Trump flat out said that, early in his presidency.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

I doubt there will be much on actual troop movements if that's what you're looking for check out thus reddit live link.

https://www.reddit.com/live/18hnzysb1elcs

Give me just one example of country, that wasn't robbed and ruined, when trying to bring western "democracy" to it? Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran, Livia, Syria? Do you realize, that USA is pirate of 21st century country, that prospers via robbing 3rd world countries? And that's it's all about military contracts? But what if there wouldn't be any enemies to beat? If there are no enemies - they should be created.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    Manpower
    Military age 18
    Conscription 12 months (GF, AF)
    18 months (Navy)
    Available for
    military service 11,149,646, age 16–49 (2015)
    Fit for
    military service 6,970,035, age 16–49 (2015)
    Reaching military
    age annually 470,406 (2021) (2015)
    Active personnel 245,000 (2022)
    Reserve personnel 220,000 (2022)
    Deployed personnel 40,114 (2021)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armed_Forces_of_Ukraine

What there are 250.000 Boots on the ground from Russia maybe another 50.000 Unaccounted for?
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Russia needs to be kicked out of everything. World Cups, EUROs, Champions League, trade, the Internet, Steam, CSGO, everything.

Put the pressure on its population so they'll take responsibility and protest this shit.

brave russian pilot here : https://twitter.com/markito0171/stat...55580409044995

hopefully he gets shot down prick

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Give me just one example of country, that wasn't robbed and ruined, when trying to bring western "democracy" to it? Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran, Livia, Syria? Do you realize, that USA is pirate of 21st century country, that prospers via robbing 3rd world countries? And that's it's all about military contracts? But what if there wouldn't be any enemies to beat? If there are no enemies - they should be created.
    Germany comes to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by starstationprofm View Post
    Russia needs to be kicked out of everything. World Cups, EUROs, Champions League, trade, the Internet, Steam, CSGO, everything.

Put the pressure on its population so they'll take responsibility and protest this shit.
    why not just assassinate putin? There is an immense amount of civil dissent in Russia right now over this compared to what I imagined of them all worshipping Putin.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

Quote Originally Posted by starstationprofm View Post

there are people protesting but all protests = instant arrest. There are videos of brave russians out there getting dragged away by pigs

Advisor to Ukrainian interior ministry says Russian forces entered Chernobyl and that fighting there may destroy a nuclear waste storage facility.
    Last edited by jonnysensible; 2022-02-24 at 02:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Was the West trying to make Ukraine a democracy? Is that why Putin just had to invade the country?
    Putin's claim: It's to protect against U.S aggression on Russia along it's borders.

The reality: It's a Land grab to expand Russia's power.

Possibility: The begin stages of WW3 with a plan in place with Enemies of the U.S and NATO that could very well include agents and cells within the U.S borders.

I say that not as a conspiracy but as fact through History, the USSR was always willing to play counter measures, make them look left, and you go right etc.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Baltic states and Poland, in unison - WE TOLD YOU SO!
    It was never if. It was always when.