15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    I think these incursions paint a negative picture in a broader sense, one which you humans here aren't looking at (I think).

For a time, the Kremlin said if Ukraine threatened their sovereignty, which amounted to attacking Moscow or their annexed territories, they would nuke them. But Ukraine has become emboldened enough to have, externally or not, attacked Moscow in some capacity numerous times. Not to mention how far Ukraine has been willing to go to reclaim Russia's illegally annexed lands.

The fact Moscow hasn't launched a nuke yet despite this means it is a bluff and everyone knows it. So with that bluff completely called out, why doesn't NATO or the West as a whole put their boots on the ground in Ukraine and force Russia back to their borders and end this destructive conflict?

That means needless blood is on the West's hands for inaction, which I point to being for personal gain. They want this to keep going and have the ability to completely end it now.
    Because, oh greatest genius of our generation, a nuke in response to this will bill russia forever as a pariah. A nuke as a response to a NATO incursion is a whole different ballgame.

I think these incursions paint a negative picture in a broader sense, one which you humans here aren't looking at (I think).
    Are you non-human or something?

I like that Ukraine picked the area where the elite lives for the drone attack. It show clearly to the russian people that Ukraine is not out to get THEM but their idiots in charge. But it also means that russian elite can't protect anything - not even themselves - and "shit's real".

10+ Year Old Account
    Russian nuclear doctrine doesn’t revolve around hitting the big red button in response to slight prodding, but things that seriously threaten the existence of the entire Russian state.

That they’re not sending those flying in response to drone attacks is not indicative of what they might get in their heads to do if NATO actually entered the war in a 1991 Gulf War scale of operation.

people, it's not NATO invading Moscow. It's just helping Ukraine out on their land, as I said.

That's not inside Russia.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

It was Ukraine that did it. They have defied the US several times with discreet incursions into Moscow before, though those were assassinations mostly.
    source for that claim?

EDIT: I'm totally expecting a picture of your ass
    Last edited by diller; 2023-05-30 at 07:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    They are a child trying to be edgy because they desperately want/need attention. And they're getting it from the dozens of people who just can't help themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by diller View Post
    source for that claim?
    It's archived in the very thread if you're inclined to look through it. Ukraine has basically admitted (and very recently too) to several assassinations in Russia on key figures, notably a car bombing on a Kremlin woman last year.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    They are a child trying to be edgy because they desperately want/need attention. And they're getting it from the dozens of people who just can't help themselves.
    I'm 46 this year.
    Last edited by YUPPIE; 2023-05-30 at 07:19 PM.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, our guy is defo not childish. He is a deeply troubled person that is totally fixated on this conflict. Reality just flies over his head.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

It's archived in the very thread if you're inclined to look through it. Ukraine has basically admitted (and very recently too) to several assassinations in Russia on key figures, notably a car bombing on a Kremlin woman last year.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm 46 this year.
    The claim being questioned is not Ukraine killing Russians. Its that they defy America in doing so.

And before you answer remember that what an American official tells in front of the press and what they say behind closed doors in diplomatic and strategic meeting can be very different...
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

I'm 46 this year.
    Age has nothing to do with it. You are a child.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    The claim being questioned is not Ukraine killing Russians. It's that they defy America in doing so.
    There are instances that hint the relationship between the US and Ukraine is not exactly a friendly one. So I don't doubt if Ukraine does some belligerent shit.

The thing I don't get is why the US doesn't pull some plugs for it.

There are instances that hint the relationship between the US and Ukraine is not exactly a friendly one. So I don't doubt if Ukraine does some belligerent shit.

The thing I don't get is why the US doesn't pull some plugs for it.
    In which you take perfectly normal disagreements and try to spin them into something more.

Seriously, reality is way more boring than you desperately seem to want it to be.

I'm 46 this year.
    Then you should know about the timeline of the cold war and how and why DC lead (NATO) forces fighting Moscow lead forces is a fucking terrible idea.

Well they also admitted to being an alcoholic.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm 46 this year.
    Too much 'edgy teen' for that to be true.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Well, they call themselves a Yuppie...
    I say this as someone who lived through the 80s.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    Well, they call themselves a Yuppie...
    I say this as someone who lived through the 80s.
    You Like Huey Lewis And The News?

1+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I totally believe a bunch of drones went all the way from Ukraine to Moscow while avoiding radar detection on their way.

Imagine spending hundreds of millions of dollars on stealth bombers when you can achieve the same results with cheap drones made in Turkey.

Quote Originally Posted by Cynical Asshole View Post
    Yes, I totally believe a bunch of drones went all the way from Ukraine to Moscow while avoiding radar detection on their way.

Imagine spending hundreds of millions of dollars on stealth bombers when you can achieve the same results with cheap drones made in Turkey.
    have you been watching the war at all? $1000 dollar fpv drones wiping out million dollar bmps

The drones flying so low and being so small is probably to avoid radar. (and most of them got intercepted anyway or fcked up by blocking countermeasures).

Stealth bombers would be used for different purposes in different situations than a drone that costs sub 10000

Quote Originally Posted by Cynical Asshole View Post

They don't have to be launched from Ukraine, Ukraine almost certainly has agents within Russia or even better links to Russian partisan groups that can be used for plausible deniability. This being a false flag though really doesn't suit Putin. The basic talk would be "All our defences are shit and I can't defend you." it's the complete opposite of Putin Strong and makes Russia strong so don't get involved with politics, live your life narrative that he tries to push in Russia core lands.

Not saying this isn't a false flag, it might well be. But Russian false flags tend to have dozens, even hundreds of deaths to rile up a jingoistic fervour.