10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LeGin v3 View Post
    You Like Huey Lewis And The News?
    I'm more of a big hair band type.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Reportedly, Russia is now deploying some of its utmost elite security from Gazprom to fight in Ukraine. The nature of Gazprom's security personnel has been liked to Wagner as another indirectly affiliated mercenary force of Vladimir Putin.

While you all know what Gazprom and its importance to Russia is, what may be understated is the brutality and depravity of its agents is well above the comprehension of the barbaric thugs of Wagner. These professional sociopaths are like the villains from Serbian Film or Hostel in real life. Gazprom is where most of the shadiest business related deaths occur, and where all those horror stories of gruesome accidental deaths/murders stem from.

Those monsters are who Russia is now sending into Ukraine, right into the forefront of Bahkmut where things are most dire (according to the article).
    Last edited by YUPPIE; 2023-05-31 at 04:48 AM.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    Reportedly, Russia is now deploying some of its utmost elite security from Gazprom to fight in Ukraine. The nature of Gazprom's security personnel has been liked to Wagner as another indirectly affiliated mercenary force of Vladimir Putin.

While you all know what Gazprom and its importance to Russia is, what may be understated is the brutality and depravity of its agents is well above the comprehension of the barbaric thugs of Wagner. These professional sociopaths are like the villains from Serbian Film or Hostel in real life. Gazprom is where most of the shadiest business related deaths occur, and where all those horror stories of gruesome accidental deaths/murders stem from.

Those monsters are who Russia is now sending into Ukraine, right into the forefront of Bahkmut where things are most dire (according to the article).
    If they are anything like the Spetznaz, they won't last very long.

There's nothing elite about Gazprom security forces.

So utter shit.

Also I would point out if any of these companies have actual elite troops they're not throwing them away in Ukraine. They're being kept home where they won't be killed so they can protect the businesses important assets.

When it comes to say Wagner I'd rather go up against 1000 of their troops in Ukraine than 100 of them based in say Mali where they're protecting mines owned by Prigozhin or he has financial interests in. Because the latter are almost certainly better trained and equipped due to them defending Prig's income.

They are security guards, not soldiers. Different skill sets and used to take on different opponents. Security guards are not trained to go up against enemy soldiers equipped with heavy weapons, tanks, artillery, drones etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Meanwhile Soylent, er, Solovyov, is unhappy that common russians seem somewhat happy that the drones over Moscow seemed to be headed for the region where the elites live.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Meanwhile Soylent, er, Solovyov, is unhappy that common russians seem somewhat happy that the drones over Moscow seemed to be headed for the region where the elites live.
    You know, not being funny or anything but it's usually not the best of signs when the commoners are happy when the elites get hit.

1+ Year Old Account

LOL. More Orcs for Ukrainians to kill. Sounds good to me.

Brutality and savagery doesn't make up for lack of training and experience.
    The winner of 1000 battles is complacent and overconfident, having learned nothing from fighting weak opponents.
    The loser of 1000 battles is careful and cunning, having experienced all the errors that can be made and having learned from them.

Russia has done nothing but bask in complacency and overconfidence since the war started.
    Last edited by Cynical Asshole; 2023-05-31 at 08:39 AM.

So violent thugs sent to beat up mostly unarmed people vs a military force with Western training, intelligence and arms?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynical Asshole View Post
    LOL. More Orcs for Ukrainians to kill. Sounds good to me.

Brutality and savagery doesn't make up for lack of training and experience.
    The winner of 1000 battles is complacent and overconfident, having learned nothing from fighting weak opponents.
    The loser of 1000 battles is careful and cunning, having experienced all the errors that can be made and having learned from them.

Russia has done nothing but bask in complacency and overconfidence since the war started.
    Russia is weak not because it basks in overconfidence, but because having a military culture and structure that encourages the taking of independent initiative throughout the ranks is something that's directly at odds with being an autocracy as a state.

Russia doesn't have that, which makes them far more inflexible in the field than their enemy.

Reportedly, Russia is now deploying some of its utmost elite security from Gazprom to fight in Ukraine.
    Oh no! We need to send the Pinkertons to stop them!
    “There you stand, the good man doing nothing. And while evil triumphs, and your rigid pacifism crumbles to blood stained dust, the only victory afforded to you is that you stuck true to your guns.”

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    They are security guards, not soldiers.
    "Apart from creating private security firms to recruit soldiers since February this year, Gazprom is reportedly forcing its own security personnel, made of ex-soldiers, to fight in the war."

https://www.firstpost.com/world/gazp...-12672532.html
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Don't worry, he's nowhere near 46. Just another in a long line of lies. His age, and gender, changes as he requires.
    Reminds me of AryuFate. Now there's a guy who came up with the wildest takes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Reminds me of AryuFate. Now there's a guy who came up with the wildest takes.
    Wouldn't surprise me if it's the same person.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    So violent thugs sent to beat up mostly unarmed people
    Not beat up. Torture and kill. (Wikipedia article so it's safe)

Note that while not everything is listed as Gazprom, look at how many of the gruesome deaths and their corporations are linked to Gazprom anyway.

That is what the security force behind it is. So, again, it's another Wagner because of their loose affiliation with Putin as a "private military force" (PMC)

Not beat up. Torture and kill. (Wikipedia article so it's safe)

Note that while not everything is listed as Gazprom, look at how many of the gruesome deaths and their corporations are linked to Gazprom anyway.

That is what the security force behind it is. So, again, it's another Wagner because of their loose affiliation with Putin as a "private military force" (PMC)
    Gazprom's militias have been there for a while now, they are just sending reinforcements. It's not going to change anything.

Breaking News: in light of the recent mystery drone strikes, various officials have stated that Ukraine should be allowed to attack Russia to defend their borders. This statement noticeably comes from the German chancellor. On top of this, Russian Partisans that are stated to be loose affiliates of Ukraine have made another minor incursion into Moscow after a setback. The White House also said that while they do not approve of Ukraine attacking Russia directly, they will not stop them. More drone attacks were reported on oil refineries within Russia as I type this (ongoing)

FUCK. The war is now more overtly coming for Moscow.
    Last edited by YUPPIE; 2023-05-31 at 11:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Breaking News: in light of the recent mystery drone strikes, various officials have stated that Ukraine should be allowed to attack Russia to defend their borders. This statement noticeably comes from the German chancellor. On top of this, Russian Partisans that are stated to be loose affiliates of Ukraine have made another minor incursion into Moscow after a setback. The White House also said that while they do not approve of Ukraine attacking Russia directly, they will not stop them. More drone attacks were reported on oil refineries within Russia as I type this (ongoing)

Uh huh. Your point being what?

Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

5+ Year Old Account

Good, maybe the Russians realize starting silly wars ain't so great when the war comes home to them?