Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    I know it's been understated, but has Ukraine kind of felt more aggressive towards its NATO application recently? It almost feels kind of entitled.
    For once, can you at least pretend you're not enjoying the war?`

Ukraine wanting to never be a target of genocide somehow makes them "entitled". Entitled to the right to live, in peace.

Wew lad, weapon supplies trickle in so slowly nazi russians get to genocide more civilians, I guess they just need to understand it's their place to die even more instead of wanting to be part of a defensive coalition that successfully has prevented all of its members being targets of aggression ever since joining

Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    For once, can you at least pretend you're not enjoying the war?`

Ukraine wanting to never be a target of genocide somehow makes them "entitled". Entitled to the right to live, in peace.

Wew lad, weapon supplies trickle in so slowly nazi russians get to genocide more civilians, I guess they just need to understand it's their place to die even more instead of wanting to be part of a defensive coalition that successfully has prevented all of its members being targets of aggression ever since joining
    no, like really, they're making assertions they WILL be in NATO if you've been following the news. And it's not just Ukraine, but their allies as well echoing this sentiment.

It's not a "possibly join." It's now like it's GOING to happen.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

no, like really, they're making assertions they WILL be in NATO if you've been following the news. And it's not just Ukraine, but their allies as well echoing this sentiment.

Oh, it will happen once Russia is driven the fuck out of Ukraine, and they start integrating with the western world to cast off their Soviet-slavery legacy. It's about sending a message. No entitlement involved. Civilized world wants to live in peace, without Nazi Russia using them as cannon fodder or cannibalizing their national resources.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post

First 'independant and verified' analysis of Russian combat troops death is done. 50 000 dead.
    Good while tragic, when will those people learn anything from their history.
    https://apnews.com/article/russia-uk...0342698cf6a409
    That figure doesn't count those conscripted from the occupied regions and nor does it count those listed as missing - and given the way russia tends to leave a lot of dead behind uncollected and lists them as missing so they don't have to list them as dead so they don't have to pay compensation, the real number will be a lot higher.

Heck, I think they are still listening those that went down on the Moskva as missing, not dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    It had to take a turkish election but Erdogan is pragmatic.
    Turkeys economy is in shambles, badly pissing off multiple NATO members who badly need Sweden as an anchor/staging area if Russia would try something in the future in the Baltic area would mean disasterious alianation for Turkey seeking EU membership.

Guess he understood that the long term game could only be betting on the western powers. Which was obvious to anyone since the Finnish and Swedish application, then again "autocrats" are somewhat volatite..

---

First 'independant and verified' analysis of Russian combat troops death is done. 50 000 dead.
    Good while tragic, when will those people learn anything from their history.
    https://apnews.com/article/russia-uk...0342698cf6a409
    We still don't know how many Soviet soldiers died in the Winter War, or World War 2, or in Afghanistan. We have guesstimates of various accuracy.

I seriously doubt we will know just how many people died under the Russian flag for years to come, or ever. And by Russian flag I mean DNR and LNR conscripts, Wagnerites, Mobiks and Vatniks etc.

A russian officer who commanded a sub that fired missiles at Kyiv and was deputy head of mobilisation has been shot dead on his morning run.

https://twitter.com/Gerashchenko_en/...624784905?s=20

It gets better - he posted his runs and routes on a running app, and which Ukraine's head of intelligence 'liked.' That's some top kek.

I know it's been understated, but has Ukraine kind of felt more aggressive towards its NATO application recently? It almost feels kind of entitled.
    You have been on this "omg entitled!" bullshit since at least the beginning of the year now:

Has anyone noticed Zelenksy is vocally becoming more entitled lately?
    Change the fucking record you absolute child.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    A russian officer who commanded a sub that fired missiles at Kyiv and was deputy head of mobilisation has been shot dead on his morning run.

It gets better - he posted his runs and routes on a running app, and which Ukraine's head of intelligence 'liked.' That's some top kek.
    Reminds me of that video from when the war started where that Ukrainian soldier says they're lucky that the Russians are so fucking stupid.

I think that app or something similar got banned on American bases abroad a few years back.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    I think that app or something similar got banned on American bases abroad a few years back.
    It was the same app.

the best outcome is ukraine winning the war and joining nato wtf u moaning about

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    the best outcome is ukraine winning the war and joining nato wtf u moaning about
    The only way to stop Russia from attacking it's neighbours in the future is getting them ALL into NATO.

looks like shenanigans around Oleshky are occuring

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathspell View Post
    The only way to stop Russia from attacking it's neighbours in the future is getting them ALL into NATO.
    Hmm...some might be able to get under the Chinese fold, but yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    Hmm...some might be able to get under the Chinese fold, but yeah.
    The Russia China dynamics are bound to be interesting, in the coming years.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbutler View Post
    The Russia China dynamics are bound to be interesting, in the coming years.
    How do you spell vassal state?

How do you spell vassal state?
    The most likely possibility, but I wouldn't be surprised if they try to sponsor independent movements in pretty much every territory east of the Ural

Zelensky's frustation aside, it looks like this Nato summit is working out well for them so far, besides the Sweden thing, France has promised to send some long range missiles and Germany announced another large military package including more patriots.

Of course, I am not in the business of telling anyone what they should or should not do with their money and purchase, especially when it comes to groceries, but I think its important people are made aware of some of these brands.

Shameful and unethical.’ Heineken, Unilever and Oreo maker Mondelez accused of breaking promises to leave Russia

https://boycottrussia.info/

Zelensky's frustration is understandable - until Ukraine gets firm commitments and a timetable they are left vulnerable. The UK, the Baltics and the Eastern European states were all pushing to provide Ukraine that but the US and Germany were the reluctant ones, leaving Ukraine without any commitment beyond 'someday.' Which just incentives russia to keep going.
    Last edited by Corvus; 2023-07-11 at 12:39 PM.

Zelensky's frustration is understandable - until Ukraine gets firm commitments and a timetable they are left vulnerable. The UK, the Baltics and the Eastern European states were all pushing to provide Ukraine that but the US and Germany were the reluctant ones, leaving Ukraine without any commitment beyond 'someday.' Which just incentives russia to keep going.
    I think its a tricky case, I mean they can't give him a timeline, because they will be able to join when the war is over, and no one can say when the war is over (except Putin), which is frustrating since its not definitive. I feel like they arent being direct with him about that as well, and adding other stipulations that seem more conditional to joining the European Union. Ukraine is more than ready to join Nato, has been for years, more ready than Bulgaria and Romania were. Just cant do it now, unfortuately.