1. #33941
    Winter is coming...which could be a good, but dangerous distraction. Or a timeout.

  2. #33942
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    The west has the weapons and funds that keep the war going. Simple as this.
    My guess is that once this "famous counteroffensive" ends (in complete failure) there will be negotiations.

    The public opinion in EU is changing rapidly.
    https://twitter.com/Kathleen_Tyson_/...105042264?s=19
    And what is the actual source of those polls because it's not listed anywhere, it's just the person you link to quoting some russian.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    I love how people completely ignored that the data where gathered by the Anti-Corruption Foundation...
    And who exactly are the "Anti-Corruption Foundation" ?

  3. #33943
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    I’m sure the Russians are waiting for the possibility of that, but even if he does win the US election, that’s at minimum early 2025 before he’s able to even attempt to change the direction of US foreign policy.

    That’s a long time for a war of this intensity.
    Even if he were to win I wouldn't worry that much. In a fight between the entire US military industrial complex and Trump, my money is not on Trump.

    Republican congressmen talk now because talk is cheap and there is no actual chance of cutting support happening. The moment it becomes a realistic option because of Trump in the WH their actions will be guided by the corporations paying for their bribes re-election, not Trump.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

  4. #33944
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathknightish View Post
    https://deepstatemap.live/en#12/47.7182/36.8341

    Ukraine is steadily moving forward every day now towards Robotyne and especially Staromlyvnika.

    Really fun to watch and it should shut up the RuZZian orc sympathizers. SLAVA UKRAINI!
    Yeah... you heard the guy mr secret services... stop being "ruSSian" sympathizers...

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...ive-melitopol/

  5. #33945
    The WaPo has been one of the doomerist of western media for a long time.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    This is pretty stupid...

    Brawling with Grenadelaunchers
    Not the first time Chechens have got into fights.

    It's also not the craziest thing I've heard in the last little while.

    A short while ago a russian commander ordered his men to put on Ukrainian uniforms to try and infiltrate Ukrainian lines. Problem is he forgot to tell anyone else. A russian artillery unit saw what they thought were Ukrainians and shelled them, killing 34.

    It gets better. Superior Ukrainian counter battery picked up the russians firing and fired back, taking out the artillery and 17 more russians. The russian officer then fled after seeing what happened.

    At first I thought there was no way it could be true but just a couple of days ago came another report that russian authorities had found the officers and tried to detain him. He resisted, killing 2 and injuring 4 more before being killed.

    The second report made me think it might actually be true.

  6. #33946
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    There is no realistic path to victory for Ukraine (unless NATO gets directly involved). It's time for this war to end. Start the negotiations already.

    https://www.19fortyfive.com/2023/08/...y-over-russia/
    Sure, once Russia gets the fuck out, returns the territories they took, pays for everything, and Putin is dead and/or in prison. Sounds like a good deal.

    Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

  7. #33947
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Sure, once Russia gets the fuck out, returns the territories they took, pays for everything, and Putin is dead and/or in prison. Sounds like a good deal.
    I don't really understand the "Ukraine has no chance" argument anyway. Russia hasn't made a meaningful advance on any front in nearly a year. The "experts" pushing that narrative are probably the same ones that thought the country would be rolled over in 72 hours.

  8. #33948
    Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    I don't really understand the "Ukraine has no chance" argument anyway. Russia hasn't made a meaningful advance on any front in nearly a year. The "experts" pushing that narrative are probably the same ones that thought the country would be rolled over in 72 hours.
    Ukraine is attacking a well digged in enemy, WITHOUT air support or artillery superiority. Thus, Ukraine is committing suicide in terms of military.

    Why is this happening is the question that everyone should be asking in here and anywhere else. Why is the West NOT giving them whatever they need to succeed? I linked yday about F16s not until somewhere in the next year. Ukraine needed aircrafts months AGO.

    Again, out politicians are weak and morronic. They slap sanctions (which harmed us more than they did the Russians) instead of giving UKR what it needed from the very fist months...

  9. #33949
    The Unstoppable Force Belize's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Gen-OT College of Shitposting
    Posts
    22,027
    Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    I don't really understand the "Ukraine has no chance" argument anyway. Russia hasn't made a meaningful advance on any front in nearly a year. The "experts" pushing that narrative are probably the same ones that thought the country would be rolled over in 72 hours.
    Ultima is Shackler-lite, without the articulation to post walls of propaganda nonsense, so he resorts to RUSSIA#1!! type nonsense.

  10. #33950
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    Ukraine is attacking a well digged in enemy, WITHOUT air support or artillery superiority. Thus, Ukraine is committing suicide in terms of military.

    Why is this happening is the question that everyone should be asking in here and anywhere else. Why is the West NOT giving them whatever they need to succeed? I linked yday about F16s not until somewhere in the next year. Ukraine needed aircrafts months AGO.

    Again, out politicians are weak and morronic. They slap sanctions (which harmed us more than they did the Russians) instead of giving UKR what it needed from the very fist months...
    didnt read the cluster ammunition twitter post awhile ago? didnt see the HIMARS absolutely rekting artillery whenever they can find them? Yeah that sounds like no superiority lol.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    So far Russia doesn't seem to have really switched to a war economy (obviously Ukraine has) and don't have unlimited production (but deep storages).

    The West is also trying to ramp up production, but is still not there - and some also goes to increased defense in the west.


    The US wanted to send the new M1A2 - the stock is of M1 and M1A1 as far as I understand.

    And artillery shells would be more useful, I think; but production has to ramp up further.

    - - - Updated - - -


    The number of answers are sort of ok, if they hadn't been selected with bias, i.e., if it were a "representative poll" as labelled and not merely as "representative" as DDR was democratic.

    With 95% certainty it would be 36+/-3%.

    However, due to the bias (such as asking in Russian) it wouldn't matter if had 100,000+ answers.
    For the bolded part: Hansworst will hate me for saying this: Dont expect the dutch to reach the minimal amount set any time soon. They consistently fail to do what they promise. And its frustrating me so much. Great way to get hated in NATO and EU even more. And they're pretty much disliked and even hated in the EU already due to there inflexibility during Covid. I'm pretty sure if they didnt have Rotterdam and were the ones invaded by Russia no one would bat an eye at that kekw

  11. #33951
    The Lightbringer Iphie's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Suomi/Nederland
    Posts
    3,087
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    The WaPo has been one of the doomerist of western media for a long time.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Not the first time Chechens have got into fights.

    It's also not the craziest thing I've heard in the last little while.

    A short while ago a russian commander ordered his men to put on Ukrainian uniforms to try and infiltrate Ukrainian lines. Problem is he forgot to tell anyone else. A russian artillery unit saw what they thought were Ukrainians and shelled them, killing 34.

    It gets better. Superior Ukrainian counter battery picked up the russians firing and fired back, taking out the artillery and 17 more russians. The russian officer then fled after seeing what happened.

    At first I thought there was no way it could be true but just a couple of days ago came another report that russian authorities had found the officers and tried to detain him. He resisted, killing 2 and injuring 4 more before being killed.

    The second report made me think it might actually be true.
    Ok...how do these people breath and walk at the same time?
    Last edited by Iphie; 2023-08-18 at 04:36 PM.

  12. #33952
    Reportedly, Ukraine has attacked Moscow with drones again, which has caused a monstrous outrage despite the attack having incurred no deaths.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

  13. #33953
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    Reportedly, Ukraine has attacked Moscow with drones again, which has caused a monstrous outrage despite the attack having incurred no deaths.
    Thoughts and prayers.

  14. #33954

  15. #33955
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    didnt read the cluster ammunition twitter post awhile ago? didnt see the HIMARS absolutely rekting artillery whenever they can find them? Yeah that sounds like no superiority lol.
    Yes. They need artillery now (and in the following months), and HIMARS and cluster munition are certainly useful.
    Using a few tens of F16s for close air support during the current offensive seems unlikely to be as impactful, especially as Russia does have a lot of air defense.
    (It's more that F16s show a commitment for the years ahead.)

  16. #33956
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    Yeah... you heard the guy mr secret services... stop being "ruSSian" sympathizers...

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...ive-melitopol/
    A proper look at that article shows it really is doomerist, choosing to frame it in the worst possible light. If actually read, the report says that Ukrainian forces would reach within a few miles outside of Melitopol, which is still an advance of 50 miles.

    This is what the report says will happen.



    Even if they didn't take the city in this push, it still dooms russia's land bridge as the only supply route is that yellow road through Melitopol, which would then be in artillery and drone range, not to mention HIMARs. There would be no chance russia could run supplies along it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    Ukraine is attacking a well digged in enemy, WITHOUT air support or artillery superiority. Thus, Ukraine is committing suicide in terms of military.

    Why is this happening is the question that everyone should be asking in here and anywhere else. Why is the West NOT giving them whatever they need to succeed? I linked yday about F16s not until somewhere in the next year. Ukraine needed aircrafts months AGO.
    russia doesn't have air superiority, which is why they have lost more than 80 aircraft and 100 helicopters. F16 would make no difference. Both sides are using their aircraft from range to lob bombs and rockets in the rough direction of the enemy. Ukraine does have JDAMs which give it a lot more accuracy.

    But what Ukraine does have is drone and HIMARs superiority. Whether dropping bombs or conducting FPV kamikaze runs, Ukraine has the definite edge, destroying large numbers of russian guns and vehicles every day.

    And Ukraine now looks like they are achieving artillery superiority. They have more accurate, longer ranged, faster firing guns coupled with far superior counter-battery abilities. And that was before cluster rounds got introduced. russian sources are talking of artillery genocide so bad is it getting for them, and lament just how bad their counter-battery systems are compared to Ukrainian ones.

    Their self-propelled guns have especially suffered and they are having to rely more on towed guns, which are far more vulnerable. Meanwhile russia just can't touch Ukraine's HIMARs and western SPGs. Such have been the losses of russia's 152mm artillery, both towed and self-propelled, that they are now more reliant on 120mm mortars than 152mm artillery - and they are at even more of a disadvantage than artillery. Even with trying to resupply their depleted artillery stocks with Iranian and North Korean ammunition, the russians are loosing the artillery war.

  17. #33957
    Over 9000! ringpriest's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The Silk Road
    Posts
    9,514
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    There is no realistic path to victory for Ukraine (unless NATO gets directly involved). It's time for this war to end. Start the negotiations already.

    https://www.19fortyfive.com/2023/08/...y-over-russia/
    Ah yes, that Koch-sucking disgrace. Famous for such classics as:

    "Sad Reality: The Ukraine War Is Now Going Russia’s Way" (March '23)
    "Calling Russia a Weak State with a Garbage Military Is a Mistake" (November 2022)
    "Putin’s Coming Winter Offensive Is a Clear Threat to Ukraine" (November 2022)
    "Ukraine Needs a Miracle to Drive Russia’s Military Out of Kherson" (August 2022)
    "The Dark Scenario: Ukraine’s Military Can’t Beat Russia and Collapses" (July 2022)
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

  18. #33958
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    A proper look at that article shows it really is doomerist, choosing to frame it in the worst possible light. If actually read, the report says that Ukrainian forces would reach within a few miles outside of Melitopol, which is still an advance of 50 miles.

    This is what the report says will happen.



    Even if they didn't take the city in this push, it still dooms russia's land bridge as the only supply route is that yellow road through Melitopol, which would then be in artillery and drone range, not to mention HIMARs. There would be no chance russia could run supplies along it.

    - - - Updated - - -



    russia doesn't have air superiority, which is why they have lost more than 80 aircraft and 100 helicopters. F16 would make no difference. Both sides are using their aircraft from range to lob bombs and rockets in the rough direction of the enemy. Ukraine does have JDAMs which give it a lot more accuracy.

    But what Ukraine does have is drone and HIMARs superiority. Whether dropping bombs or conducting FPV kamikaze runs, Ukraine has the definite edge, destroying large numbers of russian guns and vehicles every day.

    And Ukraine now looks like they are achieving artillery superiority. They have more accurate, longer ranged, faster firing guns coupled with far superior counter-battery abilities. And that was before cluster rounds got introduced. russian sources are talking of artillery genocide so bad is it getting for them, and lament just how bad their counter-battery systems are compared to Ukrainian ones.

    Their self-propelled guns have especially suffered and they are having to rely more on towed guns, which are far more vulnerable. Meanwhile russia just can't touch Ukraine's HIMARs and western SPGs. Such have been the losses of russia's 152mm artillery, both towed and self-propelled, that they are now more reliant on 120mm mortars than 152mm artillery - and they are at even more of a disadvantage than artillery. Even with trying to resupply their depleted artillery stocks with Iranian and North Korean ammunition, the russians are loosing the artillery war.
    https://edition.cnn.com/2023/08/19/e...ntl/index.html

  19. #33959
    I genuinely don't think Ukraine can win anymore, even if that doesn't necessarily translate to saying they should surrender. It's just becoming increasingly apparent Russia has the capacity to destroy everything even without nukes if they can't control it; look at how much the indiscriminate mining has slowed down and crippled the Ukrainian offensive.

    The counteroffensive has been a complete failure from what it was poised as before: i.e, a turning point.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

  20. #33960
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    I genuinely don't think Ukraine can win anymore, even if that doesn't necessarily translate to saying they should surrender. It's just becoming increasingly apparent Russia has the capacity to destroy everything even without nukes if they can't control it; look at how much the indiscriminate mining has slowed down and crippled the Ukrainian offensive.

    The counteroffensive has been a complete failure from what it was poised as before: i.e, a turning point.
    You have thought (and posted the said thoughts) ever since the beginning that Ukraine cannot win. Nothing has changed in that regard. Russia destroying civilian buildings somehow means Ukraine has no military fighting power, apparently.

    Counteroffensive such a "failure" when it has gained more occupied land back in shorter period of time that it took russians to occupy it...

    Thankfully, your genuine thoughts are utterly irrelevant for literally every poster in this thread. Not often do you see both the "normies" and russian propaganda shitposters agreeing on something.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •