Quote Originally Posted by alach View Post
    From what I read, contrary to what Zelesky is asking for, I don't really see how the jets will help all that much right now. Both are currently using their air power from far behind the front lines to launch air to surface cruise missiles. I think the Russians are still pretty scared of the Ukrainian MANPADS. Russia has lost alot of helicopters to them already.
    I imagine once again hes asking everyone for them for the future, when the current conflict is over, they will have an airforce better trained and better equipped than many countries on the border with Russian.

What they really seem to need is those American long range surface to surface missiles to hit those ammo dumps and command centers that are just out of reach.
    Agreed, however there is 1 think another thing to consider. Western doctrine is based on air power. We don't have a lot of artillery shells lying around but we have plenty of F16 compatible missiles.
    Even if the F16's just function as long range stand-off launch platforms it opens up more ammunition we can send Ukraine.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Agreed, however there is 1 think another thing to consider. Western doctrine is based on air power. We don't have a lot of artillery shells lying around but we have plenty of F16 compatible missiles.
    Even if the F16's just function as long range stand-off launch platforms it opens up more ammunition we can send Ukraine.
    True that.
    Like the Hellfire.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AGM-114_Hellfire

15+ Year Old Account
    considering this version of earth I'd say chances aren't 0 that ukraine becomes EU member, wins the war and takes over russia
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    considering this version of earth I'd say chances aren't 0 that ukraine becomes EU member, wins the war and takes over russia
    not in the next 10-20 years.

Sounds like a Hearts of Iron speedrun challenge.

- - - Updated - - -

On my good days I strive to make a distinction between Russia and Russians when condemning the aggression.

Then I come across the nauseating depths of filth on social media like this Telegram post.

The picture is the memorial of a 7-year old girl killed in a drone strike in downtown Chernihiv. The post says "children's shoes for sale, never worn". 50 thousand grins.

Excuse my while I go and vomit.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Sounds like a Hearts of Iron speedrun challenge.

- - - Updated - - -

On my good days I strive to make a distinction between Russia and Russians when condemning the aggression.

Then I come across the nauseating depths of filth on social media like this Telegram post.

The picture is the memorial of a 7-year old girl killed in a drone strike in downtown Chernihiv. The post says "children's shoes for sale, never worn". 50 thousand grins.

Excuse my while I go and vomit.
    ....wow. no words.

Far too much work and too much everything really. (NATO and China, and Belarus and...it gets ugly.)

Opinion on the war back home is starting to turn. Soldiers return home, and get called murderers and harassed:

https://twitter.com/wartranslated/st...33407454572789

"WarGonzo's Pegov thought an interview with mobiks would be a great idea, but they revealed how back home, they're not so popular, even called murderers.

United like never before."

SLAVA UKRAINI!

today Russian soldiers complained about 2 important things

1. Ukraine's "indiscriminate" use of cluster munitions, complaining they're terrified of going out into the open with those practices.

2. reportedly, they're not treated well at home by anyone; expecting to be treated as heroes for putting their life on the line for their country, civilians apparently mistreat them, one even throwing a beer bottle at a soldier despite the consequences of going against Russian nationalism.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post

1. Ukraine's "indiscriminate" use of cluster munitions, complaining they're terrified of going out into the open with those practices.
    Great fucking news. Don't go onto the battlefield if you don't want to be a valid target, go back home to Russia.

2. reportedly, they're not treated well at home by anyone; expecting to be treated as heroes for putting their life on the line for their country, civilians apparently mistreat them, one even throwing a beer bottle at a soldier despite the consequences of going against Russian nationalism.
    Also great fucking news based on what we've seen of their behavior in Ukraine.

10+ Year Old Account

Boo-fragging-hoo, cry me a river.

Good.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Great fucking news. Don't go onto the battlefield if you don't want to be a valid target, go back home to Russia.

Also great fucking news based on what we've seen of their behavior in Ukraine.
    find it hilariously those orcs cry about cluster munitions when they mined parts of ukraine for the coming 800 years and are just shootings rockets into civilian buildings just to terrorize and murder civilians.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    find it hilariously those orcs cry about cluster munitions when they mined parts of ukraine for the coming 800 years and are just shootings rockets into civilian buildings just to terrorize and murder civilians.
    "We didn't expect any consequences for all the war criming we've been doing!"

10+ Year Old Account

So after wasting the past 20 months of your life trying to win sympathy for Russian forces .... you got less than zero.

Dunno what is worth less these days. Your credibilty or the ruble.

Government Affiliated Snark

Good.
    Even better.

I question how you can call the use of weapons against military targets 'indiscriminate'.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    I question how you can call the use of weapons against military targets 'indiscriminate'.
    If you want to be finnicky about it: regardless of the concentration and location, so say dousing a squad in an urban area with civilians in the AO, I would call that indiscriminate, but I sincerely doubt that happens when Ukrainians use cluster munitions.

Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    If you want to be finnicky about it: regardless of the concentration and location, so say dousing a squad in an urban area with civilians in the AO, I would call that indiscriminate, but I sincerely doubt that happens when Ukrainians use cluster munitions.
    If you don't want your stuff bombed then don't start a war......

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    3-day special operation to denazify Ukraine*

That just happens to be in its like...550th day?